Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Just talk

BMI
    Been having some trouble with my back. Has really curtailed my get-a-long. It is arthritis stenosis, drated bone spurs sitting on my nerves. My right leg is effected and now there is a bit more pain. I am going to call Doc tomorrow to see if I can go get a steriod epidural. Have never had one before, but it would be nice to get my leg to work right again! It makes walking any distance need a cane or poles and like walking through pudding.

I will keep you posted. I hear the shot gives a person the munchies for a few days. That would be an okay trade for going back to normal for a while.

Arlene..
    If its anything like my shot in the shoulder, it is absolutely nothing at all.
    No side effects .......... No pain getting the shot .............. I am glad I got it as it is much better (my shoulder)........
    The whole shot only took about 60 seconds at the most....
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

Just thought you would like to see what the weather is like for the coming week....
    Remember, its not winter yet...

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...ontario/massey
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

BMI
    The shot in the back is done with live X-rays so they are sure to get the right spot. The whole proceedure can take about 30 mins, and has a 50-50 chance of working. But so far in all my problems, I have ended up on the good 50% so I think it is worth a try. Eventually it will be surgery but I want to put that off as long as I can.

My high today is supposed to be 63F and we have a chance of rain today and later in the week. It is foggy outside right now, LOVE the fog!

I WOULD LIKE TO WISH ALL MY JEWISH FRIENDS A VERY HAPPY CHANUKAH !!!!!

BMI
    Hi Arlene, Sorry about the back and hope the injection works for you. Sometimes it is more than one but my friend has been doing this and it has worked miracles for her. I have stenosis and spurs as well AND understand your pain.

STEVE, I TY for the HANUKKAH wishes! I too will wish all my friend a MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HANUKKAH!

BMI
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I WOULD LIKE TO WISH ALL MY JEWISH FRIENDS A VERY HAPPY CHANUKAH !!!!!
    . And right back to you, a peaceful Chanukah.

BMI
    Merry Christmas, Missimic!

BMI
    LOL. Look, thousands of people are going to be going after our cartons of heavy cream and learning what happens when it is combined with a hand mixer! LOL

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8b631b6929b1

Interesting article on whipping cream better known as heavy cream or 35% cream....

BMI
    Well, one grandson, the 6 year old, came sick with what I think is the flu. He started last Sunday (week before Christmas) with croup and it went on in to a super bad respiratory illness. We ended up taking him in to ER clinic just to make sure there was no bronchitis or pneumonia and he was cleared from that. Still was a hard Christmas for him. The fever was/is making him miserable. DH and I were going to take him to Disneyland on the way home while his parents went on to our home for a few days. But that was all scrapped. Now DH and I are in hotel (could not cancel reservation) and just sitting in room, absorbing the quiet!

Loved being with family, they have a place inside our hearts, but also have a place outside our noise limits! LOL Boy of boy, do we change as we age! Really!

Please let me tell you what just happened in the past few days.. Yesterday and today (Wednesday)..
    We were invited out to our neighbour's house down the road for coffee and goodies on Tuesday night.. Naturally we went.. I didn't know that she had a another friend over that had a very large dog that weighed about 180 pounds.. It was in the bedroom when we arrived.. After we were settled in, the owner took the large dog out of the bedroom and told us it was large but very friendly.. I was told to pat the dog which I did and it was OK till the dog decided it didn't like me, or something, and took a bite out of my right hand just between the thumb and the wrist.. The bite started to bleed hard almost immediately to which I applied some pressure to stop the bleeding.. They applied some polysporin and a bandage.. The bleeding seemed to stop but the pain was something else.. A throbbing pain where the bite was..
    We came home and I went to bed.. The bleeding continued almost all night and the pain got to the point that I had to take some pain killers.. In the morning, we went to the emergency of the hospital which is 30 kms away.. They took one look and told me it was infected.. They opened it up, cleaned it up, gave me 3 stitches, a needle of some sort, bandaged it up, gave me a prescription for antibiotics and told me to come back in about 10 days to take the stitches out..
    Upon getting home, the pain started up again, big time, so I took some pain killers once again..
    I am now OK as far as the pain goes but that bandage is annoying.. No getting it wet..

Just the day before we had a bruiser of a storm come by which dropped freezing rain, ice pellets, and snow along with hurricane force winds.. That made the back roads like a skating rink as well as the walkways, driveways, and parking lots.. On my car,I have 4 snow tires with studs in them which is perfect for this kind of weather..

PS... The law here in Ontario is, when one gets bit by a dog, it must be reported by the hospital to the Provincial Police who conduct an investigation.. If a dog bites twice, it is put down.. I had NO choice as the hospital made the report directly to the police..

BMI
    Oh my gosh, Steve. Your story beats mine!!!! I hope the owner realizes she needs to have some professional training for the dog before it is destroyed. And I agree, if a dog bites two times, it is the owner who is at fault and who will suffer the loss of an animal who did not know better. I also think, the owner should be fined and then not allowed to adopt again until they go through classes of pet responsibility and training. The dogs are doing what is instinct, we know better.

I hope you are better today.

Arlene.. this is something I really don't want to win.. I can have a bad day without any problems like that..

My bite is healing pretty nice.. I am trying not to get the bandage wet but they told me it was OK to shower as they claim it is waterproof..
    I did shower but I still am careful when doing dishes..
    The pain has gone completely..

On Thursday, Jan. 5th, I have an appointment to have the stitches looked at by our local clinic.. if they are ready to come out, they will do just that, but if they feel it is too soon, the stitches will come out another time..

Stitches will be coming out on Tuesday the 10th of January.. They were not ready to be removed.. Too soon..

We are in the midst of a mini cold spell for the next few days which is welcomed up here.. Daytime temperatures are around the -20c mark and at night, it dips down to around the -32c mark... We need that cold to freeze our lakes..
    They are forecasting snow for the beginning of next week which we also need....

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.