Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Just talk

It is now 4:30am and it is snowing like heck..
    So far, it snowed about 10cms or 4 inches but the storm is still on very strong and doesn't look like it will let up any time soon..
    Those very strong winds are still here and it looks like the winds might of even gotten stronger.. The blowing snow has made visibility virtually nil..
    All this over the 10cms (4 inches) of ice pellets we already had before the snow started..

Again............... This is mid April and not mid January.. C'mon Mother Nature !!!!
    April showers grow May flowers............. Well, what does April snow grow ???? Snow flowers ???

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...oi_pFI3Ht_KyES
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

As far as the storm goes, it is now 8:00am and the roads are totally closed.. No traffic is moving anywhere..
    I don't know how much snow has fallen to date but it sure looks like at least a good foot of the white stuff.. The winds seem to have died down a bit but it is still considerably windy..
    The snow fall has NOT let up a bit.. It is still snowing rather heavy..
    At this rate, there will be NO spring, just from winter to summer..
    I still have my snow tires on and by the looks of things, they will stay on for a bit longer.. Perhaps till mid August......
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

OK..........
    The storm is almost over and it wasn't all that bad.. We had about 18 (40cms) inches of snow and about 2 inches (5cms) of ice pellets.. Very high winds made blowing snow the problem with virtually zero visibility for a while..
    Luckily, no freezing rain..

Our driveway has been cleared by a neighbour down the road.. He has a front loader and does our driveway every winter whenever it snows..
    We were out today to go to physio for Annmarie and the highway was clear.. Wet and slushy, but easily driveable..

OK...........
    I BELIEVE THIS IS IT............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think that spring has finally sprung...... The forecast is for sunny days with temperatures in the +4c to +10c mark with nighttime lows still above freezing..
    I made an appointment to have my snow tires off and my regular tires on for Thursday morning..

NO MORE SNOW IN THE FORECAST ...........

Does this call for some sort of a celebration ????

BMI
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

ARLENE.......
    Here's wishing you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY............... All the best and enjoy the day.....

BMI
    Thank you Steve.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Arlene............... remember.......
    On your Birthday.......................
    CARBS DON'T COUNT !!!!! CALORIES DON'T COUNT EITHER !!!!

Enjoy your day to the fullest as you only get a Birthday once a year and you will have to wait a full year till you get another one...

BMI
    Got it!!! I have a piece of cake ready! LOL

BMI
    Where are all the people who stopped in to say hi?

Hi.........
    I'm here...

BMI
    It would be very lonely without you, Steve.

I forgot to mention that I bought a new car...…….
    I bought a 2017 Kia Sportage which was a demonstrator with only 12,000 miles and it comes with a full 100% bumper to bumper warranty till July 2022...
    It is the middle model and is way overloaded with options such as heated seats, All Wheel Drive with wheel lock for deep snow driving, it has the larger motor (181hp) and voice control audio system, just to name a few luxuries..
    It is a dark blue/grey with a black interior...
    I traded in my Chevrolet Sonic (my pumpkin) which is in perfect condition with very low mileage.. Traded up because the Chev is a bit too small and the new one has much more room.. Otherwise we would keep the Chev forever..
    I bought the car from the Kia dealer in Sudbury and I will be picking it up on Wednesday..

BMI
    Oh, new car smell! by the way, I love my heated seats, even if I Don't live in snow country. It helps my arthritis on cold days!

BMI
    Sorry I have been missing in action for a few days however.... My company left on Thursday and Friday mornings as we started an intense heat spell. The heat is okay, but we usually get winds that cause any spark to become a wild fire. And Friday night, about 10:00 PM we lost electricity and were evacuated due to the wind-blown fire that was about 1/2 to 1 mile away. I am so glad my husband was home as getting one of the four cats took both of us. We got just the vary basics out, computer back-ups, passports, purse and checkbook, phones and hubby’s work computer. That was it. We found one of the few rooms in Santa Barbara that takes pets and had a place to sleep. The room of the dice was in our favor this time. We were NOT one of the 13 homes burned in this one. Anyway, I should be checking in more now.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.