Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Just talk

UPDATE on Annmarie' ankle...
    She saw her doctor on Thursday.. He took X-Rays and told her it is looking extremely good for 6 weeks..
    He put her into an "Air Cast" which is a boot that when tied up, it is blown up inside so the ankle is secure in the boot.. That boot comes off for bathing and sleeping.. She doesn't have to wear it all the time, but she claims it feels wonderful when on.. She can now put a bit of weight on her ankle but not full weight.. He also gave her some movement exercises to do a few tomes a day to start loosening up the joint..
    NO physio yet as he maintains the ankle isn't fully healed yet..
    Next appointment is on March 8th when he wants more X-Rays, and then, if it is fully healed, she can start physiotherapy..
    Still NO pain or discomfort other than that clumsy boot she wears.. The boot is clumsy but comfortable she claims.. Gives lots of support to the ankle..
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358.... New weight...210 as of mid June 2015.. 205 as of May 2016

BMI
    Incredible. I was totally amazed when I first heard of shoulder replacements, and now ankles. That just almost seems impossible when we think of all the bones in our feet and now wrists as well. My next door neighbor had her thumb joint replaced that went horrible. She tried to use it too soon. Now she has little use of it. Absolutely amazing. HOWEVER, I want them to get our artificial cartilage replacement perfected and stop this bone cutting replacement business!

I am very glad Annmarie is doing so well.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

I just bought a brand new slow cooker (crock pot).. it is a 6 quart size which is a bit big for the 2 of us, but it was on special (at Canadian Tire) so I couldn't resist the bargain.. My old one is 35 years old and is starting to rust under the base, so I thought it was time for a new one.. It was a 4 quart size which was way plenty for us..
    This one is digital and has a temperature probe and a timer.. It was originally priced at $109.00 but for one day only, on special for $39.99..
    Now, I had about $30.00 worth of coupons (Canadian Tire money) from the store which I used, so the cooker only cost me $15.00 for a $109 item...
    Do you use a slow cooker ??? What do you cook in it ???
    I use mine mainly for different types of stews using chicken (of course) and a ton of veggies..
    I also like to make a soup using all kinds of fresh veggies..
    We don't eat beef very often, but cubed beef with veggies is another thing I make..

Looking for suggestions for my new toy.. I think I will try it out soon using drumsticks, (or legs) veggies, stock, herbs and spices...

The problem is it is so big, there will always be ........... LEFTOVERS ........ which we don't really go for...
    I will have to cook in it using only half of the capacity and even then, it is a bit large..
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358.... New weight...210 as of mid June 2015.. 205 as of May 2016

BMI
    WOW, Steve, that is a bargain! Good for you to catch it on sale!

I use my slow cooker when I have a houseful of family, or when I want leftovers. I love to be able to throw in frozen chicken thighs and get a good meal in 10 hours. I like using it in the summer, it does not heat up the kitchen.

I have a big one as well, but have used to for smaller meals. I also like to make soup in it. I know there are supposed to be a lot more things to do with it, like maybe even make a dessert? But I stick to the basics. I love pork shoulders in mine, and tougher roasts. All come out very good. It sounds like we basically have the same ideas except I like leftovers.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

BMI
    Going back to cartilage talk, our body has the capacity to regenerate cartilage. It needs help, though, some exercises and proper nutition
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP1Vv5Bzw_Q https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYaWXjd3tIw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYaWXjd3tIw

Our body is amazing!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.