Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Just talk

I have a problem and it is rather an important problem..
    I hope some of you can help me with the problem..
    As you know, my wife is getting ready for a major operation on December 12th which is only 3 weeks away..
    She will be undergoing an ankle replacement operation which is rather serious and complicated..
    We have been working hard to get her ready physically, mentally,as well as the house..
    As we have been discussing the challenges shortly after coming home and later on, I realized something..

Well, the problem is........................

I DON'T LOVE MY WIFE ANYMORE ................ I ADORE HER !!!!!
    Never have I felt this strong for anyone in my life as I do now for her....
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358.... New weight...210 as of mid June 2015.. 205 as of May 2016

BMI
    Oh Steve, such a problem to have! Right now, today, I think you should video you Both having a conversation about all your wonderful times you have spent together. About hard times, funny times, trips, children’s births, and whatever comes up. It becomes a treasure for any and all family members.

We must realize our mortality. We are gifted days here and any of us can be whisked away in a moment. Each day is precious, we do not have a right to life. You are realizing the gift of her to you. I hope you share your love for her with others.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Doing something nice for someone you really care for, gives me a wonderful feeling..
    I'm the type of person that would rather give than receive..
    Originally weighed 358.... New weight...210 as of mid June 2015.. 205 as of May 2016

Well.... Well....
    It started snowing yesterday (Tuesday) early afternoon with very strong winds.. We are getting gusts of wind of up to 120kms an hour..
    The snow has been gradually being getting heavier to the point of near ZERO visibility..
    Now, they are calling for snow squalls to be on top of all this, which means even heavier snow..
    So far, up to now (7:00am on Wednesday) we have had about 20 cms of the white stuff.. They are forecasting that this storm will last through the day on Wednesday, and well into Thursday night, before it is all over..
    Upwards of 80 to 90 or so cms are expected by the time it is all over.. Now, that's 32 to 36 inches of snow for the first major snow fall of this season..
    On top of all this, it is still very windy... I mean VERY WINDY !!!! Blowing snow has closed some of the roads around here.. Schools are closed as well..
    The good thing is .................. the temperature isn't that cold at all.. It is a warm -10c...

Personally, my car is in the carport well out of the snow.. I have 4 snow tires with studs on them.. My car also has the option of "traction control" which makes it much easier to drive in heavy weather..
    We have tons of food in the house.. We are just staying home till everything blows over regardless of how long it takes..
    As long as the electricity doesn't go out, we have all the heat we need.. Should it go out, my BBQ (which is right next to the patio doors off the kitchen) has lots of gas to cook a warm meal..
    My driveway will be cleaned after it is all over by someone down the road, as he does every winter..
    My front door entrance is in the carport, and will always remain dry..

WELCOME TO WINTER IN THE NORTH !!!!!!!!!!!!
    WAIT............ it isn't winter yet....... That comes in a few weeks....... This is still the fall season.....

BMI
    And so it starts. I am sooooo glad this is not next Monday and keeping fingers crossed that Nature will calm down for your drive and Annmarie’s surgery.

We had two weeks of super hot days and suddenly are freezing at night. Nature is so mercurial. And our winds are usually from the desert and bring fires as seen now not far from us.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

OK... Annmarie is In the hospital and hopefully awaiting her surgery..
    I brought her to the hospital at 6:00am and stayed with her as long as they allowed me to be there..

I am back in the hotel room and will await the phone call from the hospital when she is in her room...

NOW.... Here in Sudbury, we are under an extreme snow storm warning.. Overnight at least 12 inches of snow fell and the winds were something else.. As I write this at just after 11:00am, it is still snowing and windy..
    Good thing I have a car that is good in the snow with 4 studded snow tires and traction control..

I just came back from seeing Annmarie..
    She has her leg in plaster and it is elevated using pillows..
    She is in NO pain at all, so far..
    She had an epidural for the operation.. She is wide awake and coherent..
    I will see her again tomorrow and let you know how she is doing....

I just heard from her and don't ask how, but somehow they got her out of bed and sitting in chair..
    She has a phone by her bed so I can call her and she can call me at the hotel...
    Scheduled to be released on Friday and then.......... HOME SWEET HOME..... where I can take care of her and cook good meals..

BMI
    Steve, that is all GREAT news! I love epidurals. They take that first 24 hours of intense pain away. Too bad we cannot continue them for at least a week! LOL

And this is Weds, you are on the downhill side of going home. I sure hope the roads are safe for you to travel on.

Please give Annmarie my best! DF8364BE-F436-4ED9-A07B-3E0061D03B5D.jpeg

The roads are perfect, except it is a bit nippy out.. Last night, and all week long, the temperature dropped to -27c with a wind-chill of about -35c mark..
    That doesn't bother us as much as a snow storm.. Tomorrow (Friday) they are calling for up to 10 cms of snow which isn't a worry.. That's only 4 inches.. After all, I do drive a car with 4 studded snow tires and traction control.. No problem !!!
    Bottom line is ................. HOME SWEET HOME !!!!!........... Can't wait to be back into our routine again..
    This time, and for the next several weeks, I will be doing the cooking, cleaning, washing, bed linens, food shopping, and just about everything as she isn't going to weight bear for about 6 weeks..

BMI
    The 6 weeks will go by FAST,Steve!

we are home !!!!!

The biggest problem we are having since she came home is called "stupidity"...
    Of all the things we did to prepare for this moment, we totally forgot to get a raised toilet seat..
    On Monday, I will be out there getting 2 raised toilet seats of 6 inches rise..
    We have 2 toilets in the house, one on the main floor which is the main bathroom, and one upstairs which is just a powder room (toilet and sink)...
    other than that, everything seems to be going fine...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.