Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Just talk

Australia ????
    He is president of the Canadian Transportation Union.. He will be moving to Ottawa within the next few weeks where he will live and have an office..
    No, I have never been to Australia..
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358.... New weight...210 as of mid June 2015.. 205 as of May 2016

BMI
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Where on earth did I get Australia???????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Okay, It has only been two months since my surgery, can I still claim anesthesia brain?
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Yes, definitely.. it is much better than trying to call it "A senior moment"...
    We both have an excuse from our anesthesia..
    The only difference is mine is from Canada (no import tax) and yours is from the USA (hopefully not made in china).. We both had the hell knocked out of us..

By the way, my wife has a sister that lives in Brisbane, Australia..
    Originally weighed 358.... New weight...210 as of mid June 2015.. 205 as of May 2016

A brief update..
    It is now 5 weeks today since my replacement.. I am now starting to take off the sling in the house during the day for a while.. Still no lifting or pulling or sideways movements, but I let my arm dangle to straighten it out and it feels good..
    I am now at the keyboard typing this and I am using both hands just as before however my right hand is on the base of the keyboard and I loosened up the strap on the sling to allow some slack to type.. I am using the mouse with my right hand for the first time..
    Still no pain even when I am doing my exercises.. I haven't taken a pain killer in a long time.. Can't remember the last one..
    I am cooking again but not lifting the heavy pots and pans.. Chopping and stirring and making, but no lifting..
    I have started to do some grocery shopping but not going through every aisle of the supermarket.. That's still a bit much..
    No driving of the car just yet..

Just a quick update on my condition...
    I feel like I am slowly getting there but there is still a long way to go before I am considered to be at the peak of the use of my arm..

I am definitely not sorry I had the operation..

BMI
    This is a great report, Steve. I am so glad it your results are so good. But it is so, because you are doing the right things! Good for you!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

BMI
    Two weeks ago, I started taking prescription NSAID, Arthrotec, for my lower back and general arthritis. Aleve and Advil were okay but this lasts longer for me.

NSAIDS cause me to hold on to water. I feel it as I I do not get up as much at night and my fingers are swollen when I get up. If I were on the scale, I would be panicking but now I just feel relief from most of the aches and pain. Sweet trade.

Funny, when I was writing I almost used the word pee as the reason I get up in the middle of the night. Of course we all use it but I was looking at some new reviews of my book yesterday and an old one popped up. She really liked my book but...

"...I was appalled that she chose to use the word “pee” (I was taught and still admonish my students that the word is PROFANITY) throughout the book! There were better word/phrase choices that would fit with both the past and present portions of the book."

I mean, there is a full on kidnap and rape chapter and sort of graphic (but not really too much) love scenes and she had a problem with Pee. Interesting.

If you are interested, my book is free for the Kindle here
    https://www.amazon.com/Fox-Arlene-Radasky-ebook/dp/B001OC5KS0/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1501766379&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Fox+Radasky

and as a download in other ways on my website.

Arlene..
    I was on Arthrotec for years and years.. I would say about 15 years if not more.. It worked very good for me keeping the arthritis in check.. It took a while for it to work but it was great..
    I was told to take the pill WITH FOOD and in the middle of the meal to avoid having stomach problems.. I did just that and never had any problems..
    I can't say it made me retain water at all..
    I have been switched from Arthrotec to Meloxicam which is similar but my doctor switched me because he thought it might help me a bit better after so many years to try another pill.. So far, no difference..
    Annmarie is also on Arthrotec and is still on it..

Had my homemaker come over today (Thursday) to give me a shower.. I get a homemaker 3 times a week to shower me, all paid by our healthcare system.. Believe me, in this summer heat I need a shower at least 3 times a week.. For now, there is no way I could do it myself however as time goes on, I am getting better, and soon I will be OK to shower on my own..

Still NO driving as I am still in a sling for another week or so.. My physiotherapist will let me know when I can drive and especially drive and use the tractor.. Can't wait for that.. It will make me feel like a man again.. Most likely 2 more weeks..

CONGRATS to your son Steve! I am sure you are one proud Dad!!!

I am now typing with both hands.. I have undone the sling to allow the arm to dangle for a few hours every day, but only in the house, not outside..

UPDATE !!!!
    I went for my physio secession today and I have some news to report..

NO MORE SLING unless I am going out to a restaurant or food shopping as it will give me some extra help that I won't be banged into or slapped on the shoulder by an acquaintance or something else like being in a crowd and being shoved.. When in the house, don't wear the sling any more..
    I CAN START DRIVING the car.. Start by going around the village streets to get used to driving and then.... go for it..
    I CAN USE THE TRACTOR but just keep the right arm from lifting, twisting, or straining.. If I feel strain, stop ...
    I CAN NOW SLEEP ON MY LEFT SIDE without a support pillow under my arm..
    I CAN NOW START COOKING AGAIN but be careful lifting those heavy pots and pans..

As I am typing this post, I have no sling and I am back to using the computer as before..

I MUST continue doing my special exercises that was given to me and they are to loosen up the joint.. Strength exercises will come later after the joint isn't as stiff as it is now..

I haven't taken a pain killer in several weeks and I don't think I will need them again..

Just thought you would like the latest update.................................

BMI
    Steve!!!!! That is great news! Normal is looking closer and closer. I am very happy about the fact that you are off any pain meds. That is wonderful. Sleeping without a pillow will get easier and easier. it is time to start using the tractor to do the fall work around your yard.

This is all VERY good news!

Happy you are healing so well Steve!!

We had our son here for the week-end and I cooked up a storm for both him and us..
    I didn't pick up any heavy cast iron skillets with my right hand as they are way too heavy, but I still managed to do lots of cooking.. No pain at all and in many cases, I overdid it with chopping, stirring, lifting, washing of the pots, strain, and different movements, still I was OK...

Through all of this, I NEVER took a pain killer.. Actually it has been about 3 weeks since I took my last one..

BMI
    You must miss him

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.