Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Just talk

BMI
    Oh my Steve. Stay ahead of the pain. Especially with physio. I hate taking the opiods and get off as soon as I can, but staying ahead of the intense pain is very important. Hope you slept okay after coming here.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

OK... A report from my first day at physiotherapy..
    To make a long story short, why don't I tell you how I feel after a torture session..

JUST LIKE A STEAM ROLLER WENT OVER ME .......

The physiotherapist was more concerned with the stiffness in the shoulder rather than the lack of strength.. She gave me some exercises to do at home and naturally I did them over there as well.. .... WOW !!! ... I can say it was quite the workout.. I go back again on Monday and we will try to create a schedule for twice a week right through the early fall..

Let me tell you that after the first physio, a coffee at MacDonald's tasted like gold..
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358.... New weight...210 as of mid June 2015.. 205 as of May 2016

BMI
    And if anything can make MacDonald's coffee taste good, then even if it hurts it is a good thing! HAHAHAHA. Must be like a knee, you HAVE to move it up to a certain degree or you will not get the full use of it back. Hope you slept well.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Physio was as usual pretty torture like, but it did loosen up my stiffness in my shoulder a bit which is good..
    A group of new exercises for the next few days..

Up and it is only just after 5:00am.. Can't sleep so I came on here for a while till I get sleepy again..
    Originally weighed 358.... New weight...210 as of mid June 2015.. 205 as of May 2016

I weighed myself yesterday when I was at physio..
    Naturally I was fully dressed and I weighed 204.4 pounds which is the same as last year this time..

BMI
    YEA, Steve!!!!!! You are eating what fills you and what you are hungry for. Your body is set where is should be. Whoop!!!!

Friday supper was the first real meal I cooked..
    It was a bit strenuous but I did it.. The BBQ wasn't easy as one needs both hands to BBQ properly which I don't have just yet..... but I did it..

We both loved the change from Annmarie's cooking and are looking forward to some more of my meals.. As long as they are not labour intensive, I will try to cook some meals..

BMI
    Steve, I understand completely what you are doing. It is so important to try to gat back to normal as soon as possible. I was doing chores around the house that I probably should not have been doing after my neck surgery, but they are "my job" and I wanted to get back to them. Being able to do them, even not as good as when we are well, makes us feel like we are contributing again.

+++++++

On another subject, my mom and step-dad leave today. My daughters and families left last week and yesterday. My mom and step-dad and I cleaned house yesterday and after they leave I will get their room back to normal. It was hard having everyone here, cooking, staying ahead of clean towels and such, but it was so good to see them all together and my grandsons loved playing together.

However, after my mom and step-dad leave, I have a few errands and chores to do, then I am hibernating for at least a day, hopefully two. I have plenty of chicken thigh leftover dishes in the fridge. Don't even have to go to the store. I am bone-tired and need a bit of silence.

I have been eating sour-dough bread and peaches here at home. I am throwing all illegal leftovers away after mom leaves. My body aches from the wheat and carbs. Hubby is gone for about a month ahead of me and I will be back to one big meal of almost zero carbs soon.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.