Oh the Temptation What Tempts you the most right now

Oh the Temptation What Tempts you the most right now

My new boss and friend expressed a desire for one of those jar openers he saw on TV. I researched and found that the battery operated ones weren't tough enough. I remembered seeing one in a local second hand shop and bought it. It was a Black and Decker with a cord. I took it to work and we immediately tried it out.
    The first jar was Cracker Barrels fried apples. (He brings back a case when he goes to the U.S.) Oh what a heavenly smell when that lid popped off. The jar opener worked great. Next he opened a large jar of cherry cobbler fruit. When I returned to the house from working in the garden, the smell of cherry cobbler in the oven was overwhelming.

I told myself, "You can remember what they taste like so you don't need to eat them." The lb. I lost this morning was a strong reminder of why I'm committed to doing this. There was no way I was going to put cherry cobbler or fried apples on my daily food spread sheet or get on the scale and see that additional lb.

BMI
    Oh my!!! Congratulations on resisting the temptation and the weight lost.

We have a ton of fruit on our trees and my daughters are here thinking and talking about crisps or cobblers as well. I am not eating the fruit at all as I just do not want to raise my BS. My hubby is and will also get some orange cookies baked for his birthday/Father's day gift. Today is our anniversary, I told him my gift to him is not to nag him while the girls are here. He can make his own decisions to eat or not. LOL I KNOW what he will do!
    Last edited by Aradasky; 06-15-2016 at 06:27 AM.

BMI
    Oh gosh, I have even more temptation going on right now than the fruit that is all over my kitchen right now. My husband has had a recipe for orange cookies in his family forever. His grandmother used to sent them to him in college! We had a tradition of making them for him for his birthday using oranges from our tree. Well, of course, I stopped baking but my eldest daughter loves to bake. She is here for the week and last night made them. They are sitting right in front of me right now. It is EVERYTHING I can do not to take one and they are not even my favorite! The WORST are the almond chocolate bars that are on the kitchen counter for my grandsons.
    I am trying hard not to eat after 7 or indulge and I am sure I won't but I swear I sure don't know how moms with children who are not paleo or LC do it!
    I have pecans in my freezer that I should get out for me.

Good thread. My boss and his wife like to eat at 1pm. That's good for me as I can skip lunch, eat with them and that's it for the day. They like to have dessert at night and I've already gone home. I guess bread and pizza are tough. We eat out a lot and I sit and watch them eat the rolls. I love sandwiches too, especially on good bread. I believe wealthy people don't necessarily clean their plates like those of us who were brought up not to waste food. I watch them leave half of an expensive meal on their plate and I know that's why they don't have a weight problem. I don't know if I could ever do that.

So there we sit in a really nice restaurant, my boss/friend and his wife order cokes and I order ice tea. In front of us they quickly place a loaf of just baked bread with several spreads. That remained throughout the meal. Served with lunch, a large bowl of French fries sat between me and Charley. I looked at the temptations and then looked down at the blouse I was wearing that last month I couldn't wear because it was too tight and showed my big stomach. Now it fits perfectly. My shorts were loose and comfortable and I had on the lovely orchid necklace that I bought yesterday for the weight I had lost. I wish I could say that the bread and fries were no longer tempting, but it was easier to ignore them.

nothing tempts me any more. my food plan is filled with delicious and rich foods. it gives me everything i could possibly want, except for the winning lottery #s. AND, even wihout exercise, which i am not physically able to do, the weight is coming off. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.