Second induction week completed

Second induction week completed

14 days in and my CW is 154.3, SW 158. Although I would have liked to see a bigger loss, I am very happy. My motto is any loss is better than a gain, which is what was happening until I started the Atkins plan. I am able to skip days on Nexium which was impossible before. I can honestly say I haven't felt deprived at all other than when my husband has a glass of wine, then I drool a little, but I keep my eye on the goal.

Have a great day all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BMI
    WHOOP!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! So good to have you here, DenStar!!!

You are on a Great steady loss curve. It will take time for you to learn how to live with this way of eating, and the slow loss will give you time to find out all the other GREAT things about eating low carb.

Oh yes, the wine...... I have seen some who can still have one glass of wine and lose, but I suggest you not go there until you are firmly in low carb eating. Then experiment, see if you can have one and it not be a problem. I did a lot of experimenting along the way, and now know what works and doesn't. I know I can have one glass, and not lose control with my eating at that meal.

As long as you do not go too far off LC and/or come right back and still lose, then you have added new information to your store house of knowledge about you.

What plan are you on?

Good to have you here!!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Thanks for the support and feedback. I am planning to stick with the induction as long as I can. Right now I am finding it easy to follow and no boredom since I'm seeing some change in the way my clothes fit. Yippee! I do have one obstacle to get through, my husband booked a wine dinner for my Mother's Day gift. ( This was booked pre Atkins or I would have murdered him ). It is 5/7 so I am hoping that sticking to the plan will have me down enough that I won't want to go off program. Well maybe some taste of wines. Lol. This is the first time in many years that my determination has been this strong. Vacation pics can do that to you. Like a real dose of reality.
    So that's the plan. I will continue to post my victories and struggles. Somehow seeing it in writing enforces the fact that this is a real journey and not just a side trip. I want this to be a way of life habit not a diet.
    Thanks again.

I am in my 3rd week of induction and still feeling confident about this program. I am to the point that food just doesn't seem that interesting whereas before I was usually thinking what I would have my next meal.
    My weak point is the exercise. Right now it has been almost non existent. Our treadmill finally gave up on us awhile back and hasn't been replaced yet. We are working on that now. The weather here has been rainy, so not able to walk outdoors. I started out working out in house with ball and weights, but have slipped on that. I guess I JUST need to Do IT!
    I did start on some vitamins and supplements yesterday. My weigh day is Thursday, I will report my progress.

Well today was my weigh in I am so disappointed. The scale went up almost a pound. Not sure what's going on as I have not strayed from plan. I have been very diligent about writing ever everything down, reading every label, drinking tons of water and have not really even been tempted to go off program. The only thing different Is that I started taking some supplements this week, a multi, turmeric, l-Carnitine, and magnesium. I take Q 10, but that is not a new one. I have gone from having to take Nexium everyday to a Zantac every once in awhile.
    I was really trying hard this week as my husband and I are going to CA tomorrow for 4 days and we have a dinner event to attend. My plan is to stay on plan as much as I can and to get back to program ASAP.
    Although I am discouraged, I will not give up. This has to work for me. The treadmill will be here next week and I'm sure that will make a big difference.
    Will report, good or bad how the trip went next Tuesday.
    Blessings to all,
    Denise

Quote Originally Posted by DenStar2 View Post
    Well today was my weigh in I am so disappointed. The scale went up almost a pound. Not sure what's going on as I have not strayed from plan. I have been very diligent about writing ever everything down, reading every label, drinking tons of water and have not really even been tempted to go off program. The only thing different Is that I started taking some supplements this week, a multi, turmeric, l-Carnitine, and magnesium. I take Q 10, but that is not a new one. I have gone from having to take Nexium everyday to a Zantac every once in awhile.
    I was really trying hard this week as my husband and I are going to CA tomorrow for 4 days and we have a dinner event to attend. My plan is to stay on plan as much as I can and to get back to program ASAP.
    Although I am discouraged, I will not give up. This has to work for me. The treadmill will be here next week and I'm sure that will make a big difference.
    Will report, good or bad how the trip went next Tuesday.
    Blessings to all,
    Denise

Thread lost

BMI
    Sorry I was not responding, Denise, I was traveling.

This journey you are one will be an up and down one. The scale lies to us sometimes and even if it shows a gain (probably just water) you will be losing inches. That is actually the best way to judge your progress, measuring and how your clothes fit.

You are doing very well, and even if you stray a bit on your trip, you will be fine when you get right back to LC.

Keep on doing what you are doing. And, I suggest you start a journal when you get home from your trip. You can record your food intake there and if any questions come up, we can look at it together.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Thank you for responding, I appreciate your advice and encouragement. I will do my best to stay on track. I'm kind of in a bummer mood right now because I have list two close friends this week.
    Since I am new at this, I think I might be doing something wrong with this post. I thought it would bump to top when I posted but it does not and does not show a current new post on it. I have to hunt for it when I want to post again. Do I just start a new post every time? How do you start a journal ? I have been recording everything I eat in my Aktins app. It syncs up to my Fitbit and scales. So that is what I use. But I would like someplace to record progress or as in today's case lack of. I am using Tapatalk on my iPad, does that make a difference maybe? I also have 2 accounts, don't ask me how that happened. I think because I first started at Aktins.com but then it redirected me to Tapatalk. I guess I'm just a little challenged.
    Again thanks for your help. Hope you had a pleasant and restful trip.
    Den

BMI
    Hi Den, I went to see my daughter and grandson for his 6th birthday, I would not call it restful but fun. Thank you.

To start a journal, go here and look at some. Think of a name for it that inspires you and then post a new thread.
    http://www.lowcarbsite.com/forumdisplay.php/12-Journals
    All the threads, including the Journals, show a Last Page button. Go there and scroll down for the latest post. There is also a New Posts button on the upper left corner of the home page that will show you all the new posts since you last visited.

The new posts are always at the bottom of the page. You are directed to the top of the page so scrolling is needed. Just keep posting your reply in your journal and all will stay in your journal.

I am on my iPad as well, but do not use TapTalk. I just made a Add to Home Screen and use that to get me here. I keep it in a folder with all my other LC forums and more info. If you have trouble with the two accounts, let me know, I am sure we can delete one.

Now, to what you are going through. Losing two close friends is very hard. I am sure this is very difficult for you right now. I hope you can sense my mental hug for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradasky View Post
    Hi Den, I went to see my daughter and grandson for his 6th birthday, I would not call it restful but fun. Thank you.

To start a journal, go here and look at some. Think of a name for it that inspires you and then post a new thread.
    http://www.lowcarbsite.com/forumdisplay.php/12-Journals
    All the threads, including the Journals, show a Last Page button. Go there and scroll down for the latest post. There is also a New Posts button on the upper left corner of the home page that will show you all the new posts since you last visited.

The new posts are always at the bottom of the page. You are directed to the top of the page so scrolling is needed. Just keep posting your reply in your journal and all will stay in your journal.

I am on my iPad as well, but do not use TapTalk. I just made a Add to Home Screen and use that to get me here. I keep it in a folder with all my other LC forums and more info. If you have trouble with the two accounts, let me know, I am sure we can delete one.

Now, to what you are going through. Losing two close friends is very hard. I am sure this is very difficult for you right now. I hope you can sense my mental hug for you.
    Back from the mini vacay and back on the LC wagon. I stuck with good food choices, but the wine was another story. So today I will start clearing my body of all things carbs. I will stick to my weigh in day of Thursday or maybe Friday and hopefully by then I will show some good results.
    Treadmill is coming today, so no excuses on exercise.
    Thanks so much for the journal info. I will look at that in a little bit to see if I can figure it out
    Sending all my support to all those out there who are on this journey.
    Den

BMI
    Welcome back, Den. You are a winner believe it or not. Many do not come back after a break, and you did!!! Congratulations!
    Hope you had a great time on your mini-vaca!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.