Page 1 of 92 1231151 ... LastLast

ZEROcarb

ZEROcarb

Day 1 for my journal.

I started on atkins 20. Lost about 30 lbs and it took FOREVER. Then I waivered. I gained back 12 of that.

I hit my dead end. My quit time. My only option was pick 1 or 2. 1--QUIT and say the heck with this.
    2--ATTACK at full speed and fix the problems I was having with Atkins 20.

I picked ATTACK.

So it is 100% all about the carbs. I found I am extremely carb sensitive. That is why when I tried net 20 it was too high for me. I was craving. never in good ketosis, more willpower needed than natural appetite suppressant.
    NO ONE can sustain on willpower. Does not work and never will, you need the deep ketosis to help one thru this crazy food world.

Atkins induction I did my best and felt the greatest. I went to Atkins 1972---total carb counting. a carb is a carb to me. this net stuff is bunk if you know you are a super carb sensitive person like myself.

7 weeks. 25 lbs. lost. Very easily I might add. I am in super deep keto and my appetite is absolutely suppressed. No carb counting. No gains, no up and down the same 2-3-4 lbs. that I did before endlessly. I just eat decadent food, stay as close to 0 carb as I can (5 tops per day) and can eat ALOT more calories and lose easily.

The higher up the carb ladder I tried, the more I had to cut calories and get into a more of a starving/hungry situation. pfft....forget that.

47 days straight with not one cheat or taste of off plan food. Atkins 1972 induction food list is what I eat faithfully. I added a few minor things not on the list. chopped white onion, 1/4 teaspoon...less 1 carb into my tuna. 1 carb Tbl. Worchestershire sauce. Not approved on my A72 induction food list but I hope Dr. Atkins would approve

My goal is to learn more about macros and zero basic carb eating.

At maintenance I understand that I will have to have severe control over the few more carbs I allow back into my life.

I will start a countdown to goal and just update each day. I will list food for each day.

5 slices bacon, 1 egg, 2 egg whites, 1 pat butter
    1 can tuna, 2 tblsp mayo, smidge of chopped white onion
    1--8 oz ribeye, fresh garlic, 1 pat butter
    Macros: 30%/1%/69%, cals about 1480

Lost: 25 lbs in 7 weeks
    journal start date: 3/27/15---start weight 196.5
    Last edited by ZeroCarb; 03-28-2015 at 03:12 AM.

Good morning--Loss of 1 lb.
    I found the answer for me to drop lbs. fast and love what I eat.

1---8 oz ribeye, fresh garlic, 1 pat butter
    1 can of tuna, 2 tblsp mayo, smidge of chopped white onion
    1---8 oz ribeye, garlic/pat butter
    Macros: 28%/0%/72% cals about 1800

3/28-----195.5 (down 1 lb)

Few thoughts about ultra low carb/zero carb. Everything is personal experience. People are very different on what their body needs to drop lbs and become heathy.

I find it very calming. In fact this is the only time that I have not 'diet or scale obsessed' and most of us losing weight also know that is one of the major problems while losing. There were times I was on the scale 4-5-6 times a day My world was what carb count was this food? Net it out. Not too many fake sweeteners, they can screw some people up. Add it all up and be sure not to eat over that carb count. Track it so I know what might work to lose lbs, what doesn't. Push TONS of water to get rid of the bloating from a higher type carb eating day. All of this on about 20 net carbs.

I lost 30 painfully slow. It was a fight of diet tricks, starving some days if needed to move the scale, veggie only days and all that. Just a net 20 carb day didn't drop me well at all, I had to imploy every trick to lose the 30. THEN it became harder and I was caring less. Too much work. I gained back 12. WHAT a defeating moment that was!

All the mental diet damage I faced was cause of carbs. It can not be put simpler than that.

When I would drop into the 5-8-10 carb range I did better/felt better/everything got easier. When I tried to increase carbs the cravings came back, I would think only more and more about food and my next meal, got worried about eating too much and then obsessions would kick in trying to 'diet better' to lose a lb. AND that lb I lost would come back and then I had to 'diet on 20 net lc' just to lose that one again...and hopefully another.

Then the denial and lies I told myself of this whole diet mess.----oh yes I did that for a very long time. I will chat about that tomorrow. it is time to get some chores and things done.
    Last edited by ZeroCarb; 03-28-2015 at 07:48 AM.

BMI
    Sounds like you have figured out what your body needs. Good for you for not giving up and working with it.

Arlene, the one thing I have is TIME ON LC. It wasn't working properly for me, but I had well over a year to figure out LC and how I had to eat to let my body lose lbs. I worked thru it all slowly and realized exactly where I had to be

in that year I should easily have been at goal and it was not happening at all. So I found what works and should be at goal by end of June/July. To me it is a winner of a situation to know the goal weight will be hit and it is not an endless cycle of crappy diet days on lc and getting nowhere.

over a year and lost 30 and gained 12 back.
    on Ultra low carb--7 weeks and 25 lbs are gone and I figure goal is July at the latest. I like the second way better!

Had to work on it cause the other option stunk LOL

1/2 b. loss. Wee.

A fine warm and sunny day is shaping up outside.

Going to work outside in my flower beds. Love doing gardening. But with the pollen flying around, time for allergy pills.

About LC. If I can say one thing to anyone about LC if asked it would be KNOW YOUR CARB LIMIT AND EAT THAT ONLY.
    Point blank. Every person has a carb limit where there body is happiest. for me, I thought net 20 was it. Nope. I found I am way more sensitive to carbs than that......and then the denial and lies come into play.

The lies/excuses/denial we face while battling changing our eating is point blank horrible. WE KNOW we are doing it, yet push it so far back in our mind we can justify eating off plan while in the front of our mind we are 'dieting' to be healthier. Add to that the frustration of the scale while we lie and deny and you got a recipe for binge eating/cheat meals/I don't' care attitude kicks in and WOW, you don't know whether to hold this course or run like hell for the carbs and say ' forget this'

You are up and down the scale. 2-3-4 up. lose 2-3-4 down. up again, down again. OMG! what an insanity ride.

I 'dieted' off 70 lbs the old fashioned way after my one and only kiddo was born. I gained only 19 lbs in the pregnancy. the drs. loved me . AFTER I sat and ate from sheer boredom of watching a baby sleep in her crib. ate frozen pizza/chips/everything while on the couch watching tv. Gained 50 easily and very fast. So I low fat/low calorie'd my way to 70 lbs off. felt great--looked fab--all was wonderful. I starved. low fat/low cal. is not doable maintenance for this old gal Gained 50 back.

Now what to do? I never had to really 'diet' in my life. I was an ok weight, happy, fine with it all. baby weight eating hit hard and I went to my only way to diet --- low fat/low calorie. It was a cinch. Cause I went on the attack and made it happen---but maintaining it was a nightmare. the hunger took control and when that 50 came back---hmm....time to search for another way to handle this weight loss that would be permanent.

my neighbor was heavy. close to 320. she dieted off 100 lbs about 3-4 times. I watched her go from size 12 to size 22 a bunch of times. she finally got a lap band. worked til she stretched it out more and more and wouldn't get the band re-tightened and she gained back what she lost. she is currently 'dieting again' to lose another 100. THEN her port moved and ripped, causing great pain and emergency surgery. $12,000 later it was fixed and she was fine. (she then lost insurance when she got hurt on the job and to adjust the lap band cost big bucks, so she ignored it and just ate thru it all). She finally got a new job and new insurance and had the band adjusted and is losing lbs now...will the lap band be her long term savior?? I don't know, time will tell that. But one thing on a lap band, you can easily gain weight again. How you eat is still key to it all and then you hope the 'plastic junk' they have wired inside you won't kill you in some way.

I said to hubby---hmm...lap band. he said NO WAY! find something else. you are not doing that to yourself. look how hard it was on Joann---who would take that on? he said--do it the right way--how you eat.

hmm...ok hubby is against that cause of what I told him Jo was going thru. that nixed that in his mind fast

Hit the internet....find a 'diet' I can live on for life. Tons of them. from eating a potatoe one day to not eating any the next. tons of salads. eat at 9--1--and 5. no food after that. eat 1/3 veg on plate, 1/3 carbs, and 1/3 protein only. eat that way only every time and don't waver. OMG! the amt of stupid plans on how to re-arrange your food on a plate is mind numbing. I saw more diet with the words---YES YOU CAN EAT PIZZA AND OTHER FOODS YOU LOVE so many times I was sure that diet had to be the best one anyone would ever want. who wouldn't want that LOL. Well we know real fast, when you pick a diet and gain weight the first week you are screwed

then low carb. hmm. Dad has an atkins book from very very long ago. he lost weight but of course stopped eating atkins and lbs came back. SO IS THIS any better than the usual 'you can't eat like that for life' and will re-gain all ya lost plans floating around out there?? probably NOT in my mind. after all Dad didn't make it! the big life long change of eating.

One thing hit me tho. atkins was ditch the carbs (potatoes, bread, pasta, white flour junk, processed boxed junk, most fruit etc)
    and geez--that is basically what I was doing on my low fat/low calorie diet anyway.....the difference tho was atkins said I can eat FAT!!! I can eat fat and ditch the worse offenders (bread, pasta, and that junk)------BIG HMM now. those are the heavy hitting carbohydrates. I ditched them before on low fat/low calorie.....I could ditch them again but with HIGH FAT and little carbs.

Called Dad and got his old atkins book. read it. cool. went to the atkins website where Dad's old 1972 version of atkins is gone. The 1972 first edition of how Dr. A wanted this life eating change was GONE!

they now had a new plan. atkins 20. had fancy atkins frozen meals. candy bars. fancy LC recipes to cook and eat.

WOW. put aside 1972 OLD atkins book and jumped right on the new atkins 20. This sounds wonderful. BETTER than total carbs in the old book. the old book was too simple. to basic. I mean--the NEW version had to be improved. I get easy micro frozen meals when I don't want to cook. Suck down chocolate oat bars when I wanted sweets. NET carbs, I could eat MORE carbs while eating more fat. WOW. I was in heaven. Come on, this sounds like a winner

Pffft.....what a trip. I of course wrote how rotten it treated me.

But I lost 30 and gained 12 back----but the whole time I got a mindset change that a 'low carb menu' is exactly where I need to be but I didn't know how to truly make it happen. the net 20 food game was not working for me---yet I lost 30---so it was--but there was obstacles that were needing fixing if this could go long term, be a eating plan for life, lbs drop effortlessly and I get healthy.

So I experiment like crazy. Tweak the protein. Lower the calories. Up the fat. Fat Fast--a miracle. Egg Fast--another miracle. Drink more water. Ditch the expensive atkins bars. Stop the frozen yucky meals. OK--add back an atkins bar cause I wanted sweets--but only 1 now....and blah blah blah.

Pffft. are ya kidding? I can't do this every week to try to lose a lb.

Then the 'eat strict 0 carb for a few days' then I can up the carbs and have a great meal...my cheat meal. Yea right. like that works for any of us!! But the lies started. Sure I can eat that pizza one night as long as I get back on plan. Well that one night of pizza turned into 3 day binge cause I wanted them so bad and willpower didn't work. (and where was this appetite suppressant I was promised, I sure didn't have it). But I told myself--it is ok, so what if it takes 3 days to get back on plan....I will do it. And I did. I just pretended the 3 lb gain was OK, alright, not a big deal, hey back on the bandwagon and back on plan Sure. this will work. ALL THE TIME knowing in my heart it was a losing proposition and not once did I face the REALITY of it. Just played the game. Manipulated the game and constantly changed the game rules to fit me. Denied all I knew to be true in how I was eating, binge days and lc diet days. Denied it all. Excuses flew like crazy. My birthday I can have this. Holiday with family, ahhh Thanksgiving is one time a year, won't hurt then right back on plan. Grandma makes this special pie at Thanksgiving, she makes it with LOVE--I must eat it. you know...to not upset her. she is old. Yes I will eat it for her! She won't understand if I don't eat it. Food made with love has a pass.

Yes, we all said this junk how many years in a row trying to lose weight? All the time knowing we are lying point blank to ourselves and not once facing the absolute reality of the situation.

We can lie/excuse and deny any and all things in our life. then wrap it into a neat, simple package statement--'we are learning', 'we will eventually change', 'hey I am trying my best', 'it is ok to slip, I am human, back on the plan I go'.

Then the forums I was visiting for LC only ENABLED others to cheat, lie to themselves and deny the truth of it all.
    I cheated-----what to do now? should I Fat Fast? Drink 2 gallons of water per day to wash it out? Go straight into induction for a week to reset myself? HELP. THEN EVERYONE COMES ON AND SAYS---it is ok. you will be fine. everyone cheats at some point, right back on plan, these things happen. it is ok to cheat a bit IF YOU GET right back on plan. Yeah, hooray!--this is wonderful, 'they do it too'----lets have a total denial festival with 30 people on the same plan telling you it is OK to not do your plan....we got excuses for you to keep your denial happening

Pffft. that advice is for the non sensitive carb people ONLY. Alot of people can cheat and get back on plan immediately and continue to do very well and adapt. A carb sensitive monster like me---days of cheating and days of denial. Very few people can eat off plan and be 'really ok'. the ones that don't have massive portion control issues. the ones that aren't as carb sensitive. the ones that 'dieting does come easy'. THERE ARE not many of them out there!!

Like that enabling advice really helps me one bit--NOT! I didn't need someone telling me I am human, will cheat and it is OK. It is NOT OK if I promised to myself that I was changing my eating for life, dropping weight, and getting healthy.

I needed others to tell me....work the plan as written, stop lying, stop the stupid excuses and DO EXACTLY what you promised yourself you would do---change your way of eating for life. Buck up, fly straight, stop the crap and DO WHAT YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO DO AND STOP THE DAMN WHINING. (but if anyone said that...they would get yelled at on the forum for being insensitive. too much risk to say that, to say the TRUTH )

I promised to myself. You would think THESE ARE BIG WORDS. nope. they are not. I broke almost every promise I made to myself. I will eat clean this week and see what happens. NOT! I will track my food and count carbs and watch my calories and JUST TRACK TRACK TRACK it all. NOT!

I guess I broke so many promises to myself that I now did not care about my promises to me. I mean, I wasn't reliable or worthy of making a promise to myself. I couldn't deny that, or hmm.. could I? Just bury that in the back of my mind. Hey dieting is hard, so sure I can break my promises to myself.

I just broke promises constantly with the lies to myself, the excuses I could justify and the denial of it all, put it on the back burner and pretend I did not know why I wasn't losing weight...how can I not lose? I am doing the plan??? All the time knowing I was such the biggest liar to myself it was hitting on major pathetic proportions. Then ya start to mentally crumble. It is too much knowing you are lying and pretending none of it is true. It is a very bad place to be

WHEN DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH of this stupid way of living daily with food? well it just about hit for me. I was giving up. Had enough. I 'dieted' long enough and nothing worked well at all.

I didn't get good ketosis as promised (well promised if you did the plan like recommended ).
    I didn't get wonderful weight loss as promised.
    I could not see me eating and dieting like this through life. it was miserable.

Quit it all----or----ATTACK the probems? which do I choose.
    how do I go forward. it was tiring to think of 're-tweaking, check foods and carb counts again and track and more'

HEY, that old book. total carbs. not netting out. it was simple. basic. no frills food. no giant lc recipes. no packaged frozen net carb meals. no net candy bars. I got another BIG HMMMMM.....one more try?

the simplest and most basic way the original book was written? Could it work? Could it be the holy grail I was looking for?

but alot had to change in me and that was for sure!! the lies/excuses/denial of it all had to be faced. right up in the front of my mind and not buried way back and the pretending had to stop.

let's try one more go! ATTACK

AND THEN I FOUND some big truths about 'dieting' and more about how I live my life in the last 7 weeks than I had in my over a year of dieting.

1 or 2 lbs crab legs, melted butter (late lunch)
    chicken legs with buffalo sauce (nibble or for dinner)
    2 oz chunk cheddar for snacking

3/29-----195 (down 1/2 lb)

Posting menu change. I didn't get a chance to hit my crab legs. just a hectic day.

I ate about 6 oz flank steak on the grill
    2 oz cheddar chunks
    1 can tuna/2 tbl mayo, smidge of onion
    dinner will be about 3-4 chicken legs with buffalo sauce
    macros are roughly 45%, 0%, 55%

I got seafood on the brain and can not seem to eat anything but tuna right now

seafood has to come my way soon LOL

BMI
    I like your post above and will answer later, right now I am with grandson......

Thanks Arlene. It is just my true feelings about how hard a huge change can be. Just a personal view of it all and how I had to work thru things to find my way.

enjoy your kiddy time!! they can sure keep you hoppin'

BMI
    Zero, I asked and now we have a section set up for discussions about Very Low to Zero carbs here

http://www.lowcarbsite.com/showthrea...250#post157250

I think you should copy and paste your very well written post above into it.

Thanks!! I posted over there and will chat away in there also

Quick note on diet soda. I try to drink it. Drank tons of it in life
    I am wanting to ditch the fake sweeteners but a gal needs a little zip in their life occasionally.

Instant bloating. I drank 2 diet soda yesterday (after not having it in at least a month) and I bloated up and got a weird gut feeling very quickly. I thought diet soda was messing with me but when eating 'more on net carbs and different foods I almost could not pin it down in my mind what would be doing this to me. My menu was too varied to pick something from it and know instantly it was the culprit.

well since I eat so darn simple and clean now----I know exactly what is doing this crazy gut bloat/rotten feeling. diet soda.

One thing I love---go to basic simple eating for my 50 days on plan....and then add something back and real fast you know in a flash how it effects you.

I know now diet soda is gone from my life. whatever the heck that junk is just makes my guts go crazy. no more for me.
    diet soda is a thing of the past and will never to be in my glass again oh well, live and learn what works for you or does not.

As stated this is day 50 of ultra low/zero carb days for me. why bother counting cause I know it will go on for, well, basically ever! but I want to count down how fast I lose to my goal weight of 170 and then see how much lower my body settles just eating 0 carb.

This is one big experiment on me but I also think I have found what suits me best and a lifestyle I can live on long term.

Key to ultra low carb/0 carb is do you love the foods you can eat? as simple as that. I am a meat/seafood hound. 100%. I fall straight into this way of eating very well. Do not get me wrong, I was a carb hound to the max also. With meat, I eat and am satisfied quickly. With carbs I want more and more and more and am hungry right after I eat them. that is a very bad combo, still hungry and want more carbs!! When I took away the carbs down to basic 0---I did find I can easily be happy with my meats/seafood and dairy alone. So if you are the type that can do this, you would do well on 0 carb.

My mind told me many times I had to have 'some carbs' in order to get thru this life. Nope. I do not. Key here being that while I 'want' carbs, I do not 'need' carbs at all. Your body does not require carbs at all. (now some people do better on higher carb and that is a physical thing for them). So it came down to decision time...how do you proceed? I opted to go bare basics. Go as low as I could go and later (in maintenance) add a few key things back that would give my eating lifestyle a bit easier flow to handle eating situations. (that will be worked out later )

----------------AND THEN I FOUND some big truths about 'dieting' and more about how I live my life in the last 7 weeks than I had in my over a year of dieting.

This is true. Within 7 weeks of my changeover from 'net 20' carbs to my basic 0 carb---I have actually learned more about myself in this time then thru all my other dieting year and 1/2 put together. When so much eluded me, it is crystal clear to me now.

maybe 0 carb gives me more clarity? could be. maybe on 0 carb my body is functioning at is peak and finally is happy it is not being polluted by toxic junk? sure, could be. maybe my mindset has changed to realize all the baggage I have dumped when I faced the real truth about how I 'tried so hard' but didn't and stopped the diet whining about the scale not moving--and tons more--hmm...could that be it? my mind baggage has been resolved? absolutely.

NO MATTER WHAT! simple words but sound very powerful. Especially when ya YELL them very loud in your head. Another LC person stated that she said No Matter What, I will succeed. well geez, I said that a zillion times . Haven't we all? Did anyone have this conversation with themselves over and over again? I cheated, ate junk carbs today but no matter what happens tomorrow I will stay on plan!!! And we say it with such fervor and then what happens, you eat junky again. Then the cycle repeats until about day 3-4 you are back on plan and doing 'just great' again til the next lousey repeat of the falling off the wagon.

No matter what I will get back on plan and stay there!! There!! I gave myself a throwdown challenge now. No matter what!! I will do this!! and that gets ya how far this time? til the next party when you just had to have that potatoe salad? til the next boring night you have to snack on that popcorn? til the next stressful day when something happens and you just feel you had no control and it was easier just to eat junk and get through your emotional times? you know..every excuse comes into play. But as usual your NO MATTER WHAT happens to fly out the window with ease. With extreme ease. strong words with NO effect. Why bother saying them to yourself?

I asked the lc poster how could 'no matter what' matter? I mean we all make these bold statements all the time. constantly. we all let ourselves down on a regular basis. I mean it happens thru our entire lives. I will do this!! and it doesn't happen.
    I will do that!! no go. No matter what....and no results.

The lc poster said she made a promise to herself. Hmmm....well....ok, I made a ton of those to myself also.
    Why is her statement sounding so sincere and yet my promises to myself seem so useless?
    She said she was on plan for a long time, lost her 120 plus lbs and is on maintenance for about 3 years. SHE DID IT. she got on plan, lost and is maintaining. Something that is exactly what we all desire. Absolutely what we are all shooting for as our end result. She is living it. What we as dieters are all striving for endlessly. WHY did it sound so easy for her?

Why did her promise to herself matter and get her exact accomplishments and results she wanted?

Why did my 'no matter what' not matter to me at all?

No lightening bolt of clarity hit me after chatting with her. Wish it did! I thought about it while going thru my endless days of up and down on my 'net 20 carb' plan. the same miserable pattern. the same lousy results. But I kept thinking about it cause something in that conversation grabbed me but I couldn't put my finger on it. You know how something has a hold of ya and your mind is wheeling it around and around just absorbing it and knowing there is something there, but just out of your grasp. Ya kinda put it aside but it pops into your mind again and again at weird times then disappears. To resurface again later and you say 'huh why am I thinking about that now?' then it is gone in a flash but something is lingering just under the surface. You know there is some importance but it isn't slapping you in the face at all.

I had 2 options. Quit or Attack. it had to come to that. no other outcome could happen at this time now. my over a year of misery was tiring. exhausting. thinking of food and dieting and carb counts and more every single day! every waking moment was about my weight and how I was getting absolutely nothing accomplished. over 365 days of dieting and endless worry about pounds. about my clothes I hated wearing. about being too fat to do something I wanted...like para-sailing at the beach. what? this old fat gal up in the air like a blimp? yup I talked that way about myself on an endless basis.

I choose Attack and when I did these exact words entered my mind --NO MATTER WHAT!

I meant it. I knew the instant I promised myself that simple little statement I meant it. To my core. I was oddly and extremely calm instantly. I didn't panic going into my next plan. I knew this time on plan would be a success. It would be a monster change in my attitude, my convictions, my entire life.

Finally it hit me like a brick. I got my lightening bolt. How many times have I promised myself something and NEVER EVER put in the work required to make an honest accomplishment? well, let me tell ya, tons of times

Of course some I have accomplished and am proud but there was a bigger list growing on the 'not accomplished' side. I realized I did more 'accomplished' things in my life when a bit younger. I had that get up and go Like alot of us do when younger. We got the energy. We got the drive. We are not warped by our years of living yet! We are fresh, clean, ready to tackle life and make promises to ourselves and keep them. work toward them and get results and we are proud of those accomplishments.

so where does it turn sour? I don't know. I can not put my finger on any part of my life that was bad. I had a good life. happy and more. good family. good hubby. good kid. good--everything. Hmmm....when did I flip from saying that my promises to me were useless? I don't know. Time?? did just time of living and seeing the world just sap my energy? I don't know. No idea.

but one thing I do know. there was a point that hit when I realized I did not care. Not enough to succeed. Not enough to even think about giving it a real commitment. Hence the lies/excuses/denial were so easy to take over. I let them right in the whole time knowing I was doing it, just pretending I was not and trying my hardest. But I didn't care at all. Kinda that old saying---it looks good on paper---yet I put none of it into effect. not with any honest commitment. I didn't care. I pretended I did but my results showed I did not. They were the true showing of my trying so hard.

Tried to think back to the last time I was strong. Did what I said I was going to do. Hmm....that really was a long time ago for me. Now it is about existing. We have fun vacations which we look forward to all the time, highlight of our year. dredge thru the work in life. get sucked up in the mire of life. everything on your shoulders at one time. the world is heavy on your shoulders you know, very heavy.

OK OK how long has it been you said you were going to simplify and change your lifestyle? not just eating. make some major changes? been long girl!! So many things I want to change and it made me tired and exhausted, just like my long long useless diet plan. OH BOY I am a frump now! I can't change it all immediately but I can take steps to make that happen!! steps, ugh sounds like work again on my part...blah. BUT--that old dieting adage---if you started a year ago today, where would you be today?

Hmm....that could easily be so true if I applied myself. applied myself? you mean I REALLY have to do what I promise myself? oh come on....just hand it to me ok?? I gotta work for something again? I want instant gratification, don't make me wait and work for it at this age, please...lol

The realization hits that not one thing or no one is this world can ever make you WHO you are. Only YOU make you want you want to be. what you want out of life. It is 100% up to me to promise myself and to keep those promises and not lie/deny or excuse. Others can change your situation, harm you, make you happy, change your life in how they interact with you---but in the true end, the one and only end of it all, it is 100% about how you react and how you conquer whatever the hell is thrown at you in life. Situations can enter your life constantly, good or bad, but how you apply it all to your psyche is 100% on you. you allow things into your life, take over or you release them, but in the real true end, it is again, 100% your decision.

100% on me. me only. me standing alone to accomplish what needs to be done. rats.

I can ask help from hubby on many things, dieting isn't one of them.
    I can teach my daughter to be strong and determined and let nothing stand in her way. Yet 100% of me was not doing it.
    I can easily say what I wanted doesn't matter, that much, cause it takes too much work to bother. sure, ditch it. easier that way

When do you say enough is enough and make it stick? When do you say I am changing NO MATTER WHAT and believe it? When do you truly say you have hit rock bottom and realize changes must happen before it is too late? Sure this will be different for all. No 2 people are on the same life schedule.

It is funny as I say all this cause I thought I was a strong and determined person. after all I actually did accomplish so much in my younger years. getting older taught me one thing, getting exhausted happens way more often when older I let that exhaustion take over. I let that exhaustion creep into every aspect of anything I tried to tackle. kinda of like 'life exhaustion' I guess.

Attack. So when I said attack I meant it. Actually knew in my heart the minute I said 'go for old atkins 1972 and tackle induction foods til goal (basic biological zero carb)' I knew I would hit goal. I absolutey 100% know I will hit goal. Absolutely nothing will stand in my way, no matter what. This time I said it and meant it. That other lc poster who made this promise to herself...I can only imagine her having my moment also when you say enough is enough, I know I have it in me to do this, there are no more lies/excuses/denial in my mission, the only outcome of this promise to myself will be goal and maintenance. There is no other option no matter what. I choose my path. Now I work toward my path with 100% commitment and no matter what not one damn thing is going to sway me.

50 days on plan. Not one single bite, taste, lick of a spoon, lick off my finger of food not on my induction list. I fought some cravings in the beginning as normal but my conviction held strong. I can easily not eat a cookie, who am I kidding, of course I do not HAVE to have it..and I didn't. My carbs are at 5 and under. mostly 0-2 carb days. I am right where I want to be. I am right on my plan doing what I said I would do.

As my days progressed I became more vested in my promise to myself. day 15, WOW, 15 days 100% on plan. I am happy. eating great. love my food. temptations--well screw you--you don't fit into my plan I am heading exactly where I want to head and nothing is getting in my way. Day 50 and amazed at myself--well not really amazed, but proud. I knew I could do this once I dropped the baggage of lies/denial and excuses.

I care. I care now. I care about me again enough to drop the baggage. the mental mind baggage we carry on this weight loss journey.

There are some who can start a diet tomorrow, change in a flash, lose the lbs and live slim forever without much effort.

My road was longer a menu plan that kept me screwed up, a carb sensitivity that I really didn't understand how it effects me, a long haul of misery on the scale, a great message from another poster who planted that statement in my head and made me think. just think. just coming to some realizations about me and where I came from to what I am today. how I tackle problems and research ways to fix them. a little bit of everything thrown in there

Others can eat what they want and stay slim, life is unfair. Yes it is. I accept that now. What someone else does is not my concern because it suits them. I must do for me and put in the effort to do for me. I care enough to work on me and let others handle what they require in life. Compare? sure, who doesn't but what the heck does it get you?? maybe jealousy and anger. not good traits. maybe denial in the fact that you try to apply what works for others to yourself and pretend it will work for you?

While everyone is way different in life experiences we all sure share the same emotions thru life. happy sad anger jealousy and all.

how you work thru them and allow them into your life is 100% your responsibility. I realize I am 100% responsible for myself and my actions. That is it in a nutshell. It is 100% my responsibility and nothing I lie/excuse or deny will ever help me.

I am still working this thru my little old brain. It is alot to realize that your own person is responsible 100% for how you act thru life and even with help from hubby family friends and more can put a wonderful spin into your life.....there are some things that we must stand alone and accept 100% responsibility. My weight is my own. to change or get fatter or stay the same.

My choice. My responsibility. My actions. My promise to myself. To fulfill and see through or quit.

When you do you become a hardcore person in your mission? When you realize only YOU can do it, no one else, and it is your choice to succeed or not. I am hardcore now

My hardcore, no lies/excuses/denial plan is working extremely well. I am so calm on plan. before I was fidgety and bouncing around tweaking like a maniac. I know A72 induction foods will drop my weight. it has and will continue to do so
    I know my plan can be adapted into a great maintenance plan that will suit me and leave me satisfied and happy.

How do I know these things. Because I made a promise to myself to make it all happen. Happen exactly as I am planning it out to happen. I have my plan, I work it and my results are exactly what I want them to be. I make it happen!!!! I have the control. I have the power.

I make it all happen! Just little old me on a mission and a big change I will follow thru life. It will be a big old CHECK--ACCOMPLISHED in the weight loss box when I hit goal and a big old CHECK in the 'working on maintenance' box when I get there.

Simple duh moments. So simple. Do what you promise yourself. I had such a big 'ta-do' in my mind to finally figured this out again. I done it earlier in life, why I couldn't do it now was amazing to me. Simple fix tho.....promise myself and then accomplish it

NO MATTER WHAT. those were borrowed words from another person but impacted me alot.

What is your statement? What will fuel your drive and determination? everyone has that moment, at some point, when it slaps them in the face. You either put up or shut up. I put up

Then how do ya get thru the time it takes to lose. maddening isn't it? The wait. The drawn out process but..........hmm....

food for today is simple again

alot bacon and eggs for lunch
    dinner will be SEAFOOD. yes!!! not sure if crab legs or shrimp or both but it will be my seafood LOL
    2 oz cheddar for nibbling
    hot tea, 1 pack Truvia sweetener (this doesn't effect me..huh)

start: 234--lost some 'trying'
    start--220 on A72 induction foods
    3/30-----195

BMI
    Good post. I had to experiment with my eating and my brain to come to the spot I am now at.

Your post may inspire those who have been on LC for a while and stalled or even those just starting.

However, it is up to each person, thier OWN responsibility, to find what works for them. It is not easy, but as you and I know, it can be done.
    Not everyone will do well on Very low to zero carbs, I have seen several whose thryroid was too stressed on VLC and they could not continue, but I think it is a path to explore.

+++++++
    Do you suppliment with salt, potassium and magnesium?

Reply in bold. Good post from you

I am one multi vitamin per day, I use Mortons lite salt because I am a salt maniac and I take 2 mag. per day. That is all I do in way of supps.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradasky View Post

Good post. I had to experiment with my eating and my brain to come to the spot I am now at.

yes it is the food lifestyle you can handle and the brain must accept ALOT of truths to make those changes possible. When the 2 come together, Houston we have lift-off

Not everyone will do well on Very low to zero carbs, I have seen several whose thryroid was too stressed on VLC and they could not continue, but I think it is a path to explore. Absolutely. This is not a plan for everyone by any means. It is my thoughts about my journey and how it works for me. Disclaimer: everyone is different. Some can handle this 0-5 total carb lifestyle and some can't. It is up to the person to find their own way and to learn their carb limits.

+++++++
    Do you suppliment with salt, potassium and magnesium?

Menu change. WHY DO I bother picking a menu anyway? it just changes with the flow of the day.

Did I get my seafood? NO NO and NO. UGH. I tell ya, I am going into seafood mania.

today was bunless bacon burger at restaurant. BLECK. hubby dragged me there after doing a bit of garden/yard shopping I wanted to do today. he was starving so I got the only thing I could and be relatively safe. 2 mini slices bacon ( sure is not like my bacon I cook LOL), small patty as thin as a coaster. literally. blah. AND I PAID $5 for it. FUNNY--waitress took my burger plate and all that was on it was a bun...she looked at it hard before picking it up and said, IS THIS DONE?? haha...yes it is, take the plate and bun LOL

3 chicken legs, buffalo sauce

that is it today. about 1 carb between the mini cheese slice on burger and bit of buffalo sauce.

not hungry today at all.

drinking hot unsweet tea and doing fine

Good Morning.

One of those super busy days. Starting with leaving the house early and moving fast thru the day.

We sure all know those days!!

Not making a menu today. It will be whenever I eat.

Woke up absolutely not hungry. So that means I can easily get thru the day til about lunch time. Have my water with me while doing my travel/errands etc.

Lunch I think will be leftover flank steak (but this does not heat up well again for some reason...becomes more of a leather chewing contest but will try it) if not happy with it will default to my chicken legs in the fridge.

dinner SEAFOOD-----do I think I will really get this for dinner? I don't know LOL. I am hoping. Seafood is elusive in my life lately but will try hard to get mine tonight!

In a way I am thrilled with food on the fly. Like, it really does not matter what I eat. That is more rare for me.

I was constantly the type----while eating---thinking of the next meal. when and what would it be? of course I could snack my way to that next meal after eating but it was still a worry that I might get gipped out of food on my next meal. On ''net'' 20 atkins I was the same way. When could I eat next? What would it be? Make sure to make big portions and more.

food obsessing. that is what my life had become. After my daughter was born it was pigout time. Boredom set into a whole new way of going crazy on food. Younger I didn't have this-----but the piggout and weight gain----then the 'dieting'----absolutely 100% put me into some kind of crazy food disorder/obsession/nutjob thinking about food. Sad, truly sad.

But now!! Gone. It is gone after about 8 weeks on plan. Food and how much and when I am going to eat is just not a priority anymore. What a relief. What a big sigh of relief. I was worried about food obsessing truly. It was just not natural for me to think food 24/7, worried I would be hungry or not get my share. That is gone. Bye Bye food obsession Of course my mind flits back to this thinking every now and then....I am way more stable now on my ultra low carb plan.

I contribute it to 2 things--1. simplicity of the foods. 2. keto-adapted.

My body is in a whole 'nother zone big time. Off the bad sugar rushes from junk. Off the carb draws from my old love of potatoes and fried foods etc. My body is fed and happy and keto-adapted. It is in a good place now

------THE WAIT FOR GOAL. Well taking time to lose lbs. is super annoying. We deal with the stupid scale every day. Up or down. big whoosh drop or the miserable drop of .2--bleck. We want instant gratification in our lives and not just in the weight loss area.

We rush thru our days blind. We want to rush thru the scale to goal. We are haggled thru life with work, family, responsibilites and we try to rush down the scale NOT learning about the true journey of what it takes to change our mindset.

What is working for me on a daily basis. keto-adapted is a monster key for me. It takes the physical hunger away. Puts me in a much safer place. Not in any way quick to fail/cheat and fall off the wagon. I am not impulsive on food anymore so I have 'time to chat with myself' before any decision to eat junk can get thru these lips

Also it is my journey. I don't want to rush too much. As I am going full speed at goal and lose the lbs.---I want time on plan to change my mind. It is absolutely necessary or I will never maintain when I get there.

So each day I say---No matter what----I know I am not hungry cause of my keto----I also know I need this journey each day to change my mindset for when I reach 'the end'. we all know there is no end but at least the end to the wanted weight loss phase.
    Each day I say this is my day to make myself better. This is my day to control my food, and keep my promise to myself. This my day to prove to myself I have what it takes to compete my challenge to myself. THIS IS MY DAY to do good for myself or take a rotten road for myself. (and yes all this helps me)

We think---diet to goal---once there I am DONE! done. wee. it is OVER. And in the back of our minds, we know the truth. but we will not accept it. We deny. We know it is 'NEVER OVER' in order to maintain our hard earned losses, but this is a whole big concept to accept. it is never over. you will always be on some type of food portion control, food elimination, carb counting and more. You will need to continue to use the scale as your tool to watch the lbs. Give yourself a '3-5 lb' rule limit and all that jazz. Tools of long term success.

So if we come to terms in our minds and don't lie to ourselves knowing their is NO END to this way of eating change for our health----then the need to rush thru each day and beg the scale to be kind is not needed. I am not in a rush anymore (but inside I challenge the lbs to drop off fast of course). But when nothing happens I am fine with it. I wait cause I know if I eat 100% on plan the weight will drop in its time. I feel the scale might screw me over, or in a stall, but I am not. It is just the time needed for my body to drop the lbs. I can wait now. I can do my plan everyday and just wait for results because I put in all the work necessary on a daily basis for that to happen....and it never fails me ever. I learn every day on how to succeed better. I learn everyday on meals I can enjoy in ultra low carb, I learn to maneuver thru restaurants, family parties and more. I learn on a daily basis and I do not want to rush that learning either. it is an important key to long term success. learning ways to cope, change and accept it all. that can not happen overnight All good things come in their own good time to us!

I have more to say on all this but I sure have to get moving early this morning!!

start: 234--lost some 'trying'
    start--220 on A72 induction foods
    3/30-----195
    3/31-----195

Page 1 of 92 1231151 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.