Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 387886878889 LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1328

ZEROcarb

yea the hubby is doing better than me. I have that 'I hate to change' kinda attitude and he just 'does what needs to be done' and forgets it. I SO wish I had that attitude.....how in the heck does someone get that? LOL

He says he is craving cigs but doesn't say anything, I say I am fighting cravings and chat how rotten it feels and he says, SHHH, do not talk about it or I want one but I am the type that needs to talk thru a craving. Talk about oil and water here HAHA

ok, ok, I gotta stop talking about not smoking and try to let it just die.....just change and be a non smoker and just let it 'be'

I think I might be able to do that LOL

oh well.....

Noticed my eating focus is coming back.

the bites and nibbles and stuff are going away now. I don't even think about taking that giant bite of something I made for them for dinner, while as before I would 'think' about how I was gonna attack it with a few big spoonfuls and eat it up anyway even though I am a zero carber and don't want it in my life LOL

It must be I am coming to terms with the no smoking, and thus putting the focus back on my way of eating and sticking to it.

I gave myself an excuse pass and I wish I never did that, but I did so now I am getting more gung ho in my food again.

Doing very well now thru it all.
    Getting that 'good zone' grip on things again.

what a journey thru life and the head games and addictions we face......crazy huh?

but good things are coming my way and I am 100% ZC again and finding it simple to get back on my right path.

so far so good, not a long detour at all, could have been worse.....but with ZC comes more mental stability and clearer thinking so I think I flew off the handle a little, but grabbed back fast to what is best for me.

all good

BMI
    Sometimes we just have to dance around a bit to find our path again. You are on it now. But do not be hard on yourself if you stray a bit now and again. You come back and you find eating your way; zero carbs, is just easier now. That is good because quitting smoking is HARD. That is all the hard you need right now.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

BMI
    Hope all is okay with you and you are finding it a bit easier by now.....
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

funny thing is I am finding it kinda harder in a way cause I snuck a few puffs and now am, not backsliding tho, caused I won't go there, but now it is back in my mind....ugh

I will have to put the pedal to the medal and dig in for a fight on this one.....one I know tho I will win cause I do want to quit but that little nag of 'have one' is SO desirable.......but all in all I am not smoking, and just cheating with a puff or 2 rarely........so to me this is a win but I am on a slippery slope.

hubby tho is not having troubles. he has quit point blank....me, I am dragging my heels on the final giving up of it all.....but I will succeed on this one tho! I have every intention

WHY IN THE heck do I never do anything easy? why do I make things harder than they are when in reality all you have to do is 'not do the thing you want to change' and be done with it? being a gal I guess I just think things over to darn much and ruin it kinda in a way LOL I don't know.

but I do where this is heading...being a true non smoker and never going back.

I tell ya, some things ya know...just annoying as heck in life

BMI
    Why are there cigs around to let you take a few puffs? We clean out the sugar from our pantries, you can to it with cigs, too. And no one else needs them, like your daughter and husband’s sugary treats. Pour water on them, and told them into the compost heap. IT IS SOOOOO HARD!

very very true.

our little convenience center down the road has a cup....of single cigs in it....you can buy one for like a quarter LOL

when I got gas a few weeks ago I got one.....smoked like 4-5 drags on it and threw it away and then VOWING never to buy one again, but I did a few weeks later HA HA

see the damn easy thing is out there to get your hands on anything. I won't buy a pack cause it is waste of money but I will buy one cause it is in front of my face

AND YES I STOPPED getting gas down the road.....lol....I go where they do not offer that single cig in a cup to buy.

we are 'redneck boonie kinda area' here and yes our places do this...need 1 cig, we got it for sale LOL

ugh I swear..............
    but it isn't like food at all, one bite is not the same as one puff truly in this game of changing our lifestyle....bleck
    I know me tho, I am that hard headed fool sometimes and it takes a bit of time for me to work thru things, but they HAVE to GO so I am working hard on this fight

BMI
    Oh my gosh, it is like one of my fav places to eat. They have a big container of chocolate bits and a scoop for when you are done eating. Hubby CANNOT pass buy it and not scoop. REALLY? I do understand. There is still a big tug when I see the donuts displayed in the bakery section of the grocery store. I hurry by as fast as I can.

Yea I am fine not buying a pack cause I can't pay all that money for 1 smoke and throw out the whole pack, cause I will throw it out, so at this point I have to avoid the 'single serve cig' place HAHA I tell ya....

Yea restaurants that offer the free bread, and darn good bread it is! ugh....it hits the table and hubby enjoys and I cringe. I am like, WHY GIVE this to the table for free....if I had to pay I would not want it one bit, hits the table free and I want it so bad HA
    And you got chocolate bits to content with!! I hear ya on that!!

Old days I loved my free delish bread that hit the table, now it is a stinking curse. Can't say no cause hubby wants it. bleck, can't win as we all know can we?

BMI
    Hi Zero. Miss you!!!!! Hope you and your family are all well.

HI back from a 9 day trip to Miami

hit the everglades, did the airboat rides

drove down to key west for a lookey, whew 13 hr day in the car but we had a blast on that one

ate a few things off plan and paid in the bathroom for that nice little useless part of my trip LOL

didn't go wild but ANY foods off my zero carb meat plan play havoc on the guts for me and I sure got nailed this time once on this trip...but hey, I tried and it killed me HAHA so of course I went back on my plan fast and did well thru it. OMG I DESPISE any and ALL of those bunless meats from fast food places. No more ever for me. I am just OH SO OVER crappy food in my life

this trip put it into play. I am 1,000,000% done with cheap, crappy, nasty food I am now a good food snob and gonna stay put in that direction LOL

have to recover from trip, unpack rv etc. be back later to chat up

BMI
    Welcome Back! Gald you had fun, and now you are a certified meat snob!!!! HAHAHAHA. Ribeyes and crab look out ahead!

I responded to a post. I wanted it my journal for ONE REASON only and that was for me personally to read what it took for me to hold my eating plan. I need this response at times also to remember what it takes, why I do this for me and keep my NO MATTER WHAT goes down in my life attitude toward my food. Remember how darn good I feel daily. My new energy thru the roof. My body truly healing inside. And the demons that want to take that from me

so I threw it here to read any time I need it!

A post to us: Aradasky, ZeroCarb, Bagodonitz, Here's the Ten point cycle I recognize for me about my past behavior: 1. Wake up some morning in total bewilderment at my eating pattern and extra weight. Most likely after a carb binge. 2. Promise myself to do something about it. 3. Maybe throw out some food (chips, candy, ice cream). 4. Put the ice cream back in the freezer. 5. Get through three to five days on my new plan. 6. Put myself in a situation with the wrong foods when I am tired, lonely or hungry. 7. Stare or obsess at one of my trigger foods. 8. Secretly figure out how I could have just a little and not suffer any consequences. 9. Don't tell anyone about my food issues and figure out that I am getting over. 10. Go back to 1. "Knowing where you been can help you figure out where you want to go!"

My response to this:

1. Mostly likely a carb binge hasn't bewildered you. It is ALL the food info out there that is a maze of stupid and a maze of crazy that one must find your path thru it all. When younger, ALL can have it all and 'do well' yet our insides we never truly see. We are ruining them while we 'think we are doing well' and when OLDER we find out the truth of it all and think, are ya kidding me? WTH? LOL Then you have to re-boot a lifetime of something we thought was oh so right and we truly have to find acceptance on the real truth of 'our foods' in our bodies. Our foods is not processed/fake/chemical/sugar/genetic modified/low fat and replace with fake sweeteners and all. We must go back, way back in our thoughts of what real food was and how the body wants it. Oh so hard to do, darn right it is

2. We can make a ton of promises, thing is we must make a ton of promises to never give into the excuse. The excuses kill us, not our promises!

3. Iffy. Who do you live with and how are they eating? I have hubby and kiddo both eating regular old icky menu. Kiddo I am training lc and yes it is working well for her in a way, she gets it a bit and has extra info. Hubby, BLECk, ain't changing him, he does his own thing, he is an adult and will do his own thing. I tried to go there but he can't come here with me. Kiddo has learned alot and she is only 13 but has a good head on her shoulder but at some point I have to let that go also..........then if you are alone you can ditch it all in the house. OH HOW I wish I could!!! But will never happen so I have to find ways around it all. SO....you do what works for you. Eat BIG LC meals. Hunger is key here. Never, ever be hungry. You eat ALL the lc meals required to hold your ground. A stuffed belly makes it so much easier to say no way to alot of things! You find a few subs that will work for you. Many can do heavy whip cream and few berries like blue and rasp and black...best lc fruits. That is just as delish as ice cream really. Some can't go there cause the above sub will never be ice cream to me but others find it works well for them. So find your personal path as you need to make it work.

4. I am an ice cream lover. I think of it as cyanide. One bite is literal death to me cause I would inhale the entire 1/2 gallon in a split second, and yes I could do that. Back in the freezer, hope, under running water as fast as I can find a spoon to put it in my mouth

5. 3 to 5 days on plan. Too far. Remember 1 meal at a time!! You are only as good as your choice in the meal you are eating at that moment!!!! No one can predict the future
    and we sure wish we could. We pretend that 3-5 days is doable but who will ever know? Not a soul but your next meal in front of your face is one you can handle with the right decision and choice. You buy 3-5 days of great lc food, key is to make the next meal you eat one of those!

6. Never be hungry
    This is key to holding strong thru life. I NEVER put myself there.....and the few times it falls on me like that.....I make sure I find MY FOOD come heck or highwater
    On trip one time family wants McDonalds while traveling. I hate McDs burgers so I let them get their thing, but as soon as I found a Wendys I got a giant old Baconater and was in my glory. Food is around if ya wait
    and we will NEVER die waiting a bit for what we want. I had to learn that, not eating while others are will not ever kill me LOL Believe me I thought I had to eat when others did, who knew ya didn't HAHA

7. Again think cyanide, rat poison. Think of what that food is truly made of and how it gives any good to the body. I despise noodles. Not a noodle lover in any way, but you throw crab alfredo over that fettucine and I would inhale the bowl. You throw elbow noodles in my Mom's mac and cheese and OMG! Now I look at is as, noodles. flour, paste, no taste truly without the good on top of it. A useless food that packs on lbs, your body gets nothing from it but it is a vehicle for flavor. So what I do is eat my crab alfredo alone and mostly top it over shrimp..yum to the max! I put cheese on what I want for cheese taste. DISSECT you triggers foods down what they really are....wolves in sheep's clothing....when you see it dissect it as to what it truly is. You get a true perspective on what that 'pretend' food really is and you are amazed at just how wrong it is for your body.

8. Usually will not happen for those who are super sensitive insulin types like me. I tried to moderate 'all crappy food' into my life. Never worked. I had years of never wanting to change my eating but 'control my portions' and I can say for me it was never good. Not a plan I could do. Get carbs into me, blood sugar went high, crashed and I was off eating again. One of the hardest things in my life over the years is learning to accept my body...my body would make me crazy on carbs, my body treated me so well off carbs. Suks to be me at this point HA but one must learn from the experience. As we see our true path do not pretend it will be different if we want it hard enough. It won't. Hardest thing is acceptance of what it takes for you as a person to make a long term meal eating plan and holding to it like glue.

9. I rarely discuss foods issues. Thing is NO 2 people will ever have the same issues, those you chat with will never be you or understand your food issues. Those on boards like this are your like minded people and take what ya can from online help for those doing what you are doing.

10. You have total power over waking up in a good body or a sicky carb induced nasty body
    Comes down to pure choice on this one. Only one person puts food in your mouth
    You. Not on other soul on this planet can ever make these changes for you. Best we can do is read, learn, experiment and more to find our path. Then you either do it or not! 1000% up to you only.

You will always read MOST and literally I am talking like 97% of ALL maintainers of health and weight loss WILL NOT EAT off the plan it took them to hit their goals.

Yea, hard pill to swallow cause most think, I made it, NOW I can eat more. I am now done dieting. There is never an end to an eating change truly. Nope, those are backslider and gain it all back and what I saw thru my journey is those who succeed long term stay point blank on their eating plan, stay to true to what worked for them and keeps them right there. And they fall into a super proud category of that person who learned, struggled, figured it out and will do only what it takes for them to hold their goals! Those people gained something in their journey that is so personal that in the end, they have won the war but still have to fight their daily battles per meal.

It is huge internal battle making an entire eating lifestyle change. In the bitter end, do you want this or not? Are you willing to do what it takes 24/7, 365 for years and decades to come? Only us can answer that inside of us

ok threw out a lot, pick what might hit home and throw out other thoughts...hopefully some of it rings true with you and you can find tips/tricks and more to make it all work long term!!

BMI
    Good idea, it is a great post.

How is the not smoking going?

Not smoking is going well actually~! I did cheat a bit but overall I am done to nothing. The cheating has stopped and I can crawl into the officially I AM A NON-SMOKER category now.

absolutely brutal to quit for me. While I was starting to hate it big time, a part of me still loved it.

Another friggin' addiction and all one can do is dig in the claws and go for the ride.

I am saving ALOT of money now also

Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 387886878889 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.