Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283
Results 1,231 to 1,242 of 1242

ZEROcarb

Greg one thing also.

when ya go into low carb (more low carb than just the 'net 20 or 30 or 50' people do.....and learn the truth about sugar in your body (all carbs is sugar, all sugar is a carb!) then you almost honestly can't go backward in the brain kinda thing.

that holds me on my zero carb journey.
    when I researched how every veg out there has a toxic level to it, works against the body for all the 'good that is in it' I realized......if I go zero carb, I do not 'need the good' from the veg that the nasty other food is robbing from my body.

it all goes hand in hand with research to learn why the sugar/carby foods rob the body and truly never give back.

but then you have to decide 'just where on this carb ladder' are ya gonna be to make this all work?
    that is the journey we all go thru......how low can ya go and still be happy, full, satisfied, get the desired results you want and more.

So the journey is about your research in the truth about nutrition and every food we do eat and where on the path do we land and do our best as a long term, I can do this menu and be happy forever?

Took me years to find what is best for me

BMI
    ZeroCarb, Nicely summed up! I have bought the ranch on going as low carb as i can. I am adapting. Havenít done any research on the downside of veggies yet, but like the idea of some fiber in my tract. The green salad, spinach, brocolli, mushroom and olive oil make it easier for me right now to get all the meat down. I have an idea what shape I would like to be in, I donít know what weight that is and thatís okay. I do know that I want to be active, able to jog, and fit enough to walk across Ireland without panting and puking the whole way. I started not caring about my health and shape thirty years ago. I wonít get back to there in a year, but I may in my life, one day at a time. Hereís my mantra for today: Find a WOE that slowly works you in the direction you want to go! Then stick with it, Steadyed, stick with it! Make changes to it thoughtfully and patiently. Above all else stay in touch with your support and be HONEST! The easiest person for me to fool is myself! Couldnít do this without you, ZeroCarb and Aradasky, thanks so much, GREG

BMI
    We are all headed to the grave. At least with Zero or really low Carb, I can hold my head up on the journey! And what a ride it has started to be! Thanks ZeroCarb for getting to the heart of the matter. Thanks for the insights, ZeroCarb and Aradasky!

I like your new mantra Greg.

Pick your path. Make the right changes as you see fit. Research the real nutrition values as you go etc and DO NOT SWAY from that journey. Eye on the goal.....goal being able to walk across Ireland and not die along the way or suffer in any way.....good health to get the goal accomplished! LOVE THIS!

You are doing so great Greg and the head is in the game! That is all one can do......now ya wait for ALL the changes to hit and darn it, those never come overnight tho we wish they did Time and patience and work it.

BMI
    ZeroCarb, I love it when you say stuff like ďPick your path and DO NOT SWAY from it!Ē You just made my day. Day 13 drawing to a close. Water and half pound roast beef for supper! Canít believe my cravings are so tame!

well no one ever truly fails if they hold their new eating path most times it is when you leave that path and sway and think you can eat XYZ and do ok, while most times we truly can't and we try to fool ourselves---lol

Beauty of a ketone burning body. You don't need to be 'in ketosis' or strive for a purple strip or anything like that......when a person goes very low in carbs they are automatically by nature switched to a ketone burning body and not a glucose 'driven' body and your hunger will tame. It is all about the sugar in your body jacking your blood sugar up and down and drives your appetite crazy. On a ketone burning body you are stable blood sugar, your body is happy and calm and wants food when it wants it, not 'driven' for food but when hungry will gently ask for food to be eaten. I love the ketone burning body LOL

It is a true physical situation. Change that blood sugar situation in your body and you are facing a whole new way of life when it comes to food....but key is you can't sway from that change or you go right back into a glucose 'driven' body and that is where all the trouble lies for all of us!

SO HAPPY you are doing so well!

Happy Thanksgiving to All!

Today is simple day. No one is a turkey fan here so we opted for:

Giant roaster chicken
    Huge pile of cold peel and eat shrimp

above is ME

then baked tater or sweet tater for others
    some corn, dinner rolls on the table and done deal.

Life is no longer about lavish giant meals for us. Been there done that and now it is about a great meal, having fun and relaxing and just enjoying a simple day.

The simpler I go the better I am in this lifetime, heck, my zc way of life shows that HA HA

I have a nice ribeye steak for brunch time to eat before our dinner tonight. Eating later in the day. No one wants to eat around that 2-3pm time we used to eat....eating around 5:30 tonight so I need my ribeye to make me happy til dinner time.

Life is good. Life is blessed

fun fact about Tday and remember how the big old world 'TRIES' to justify that eating a big old turkey meal makes one sleepy cause of some 'enzyme' or something in TURKEY that kinda can make ya drowsy.

what a crock of sh**

Yes I am calling BS on it now in my journal---HA HA

What makes one tired on T day?

sweet potatoes, mashed taters, sweet corn, marshmellow on those sweet taters, dinner rolls, and every other holiday dish that hits the table. And oh my gosh let's not forget the tons of pies, cakes, desserts of every manner for the holiday that will hit the table. (and not lets ever forget some good old alcohol by many on this day LOL)

ok what did we learn.

we learned the turkey is the good part.

everything else is death to the body

I have eaten tons of turkey on zc. Just turkey. I get absolutely NO sleepy mode after point blank.
    For me personally the 'turkey can make ya sleepy' from your meal is just a crock of BS to the max.

We find something in the turkey meat to JUSTIFY all the other eating and not once give their food value any claim in this account.

You can't fool this old gal anymore!

Today....after the meal I will want to go go go go go

the family will sludge and hit the couch for tv and talk and relax and unbutton their pants, all from the taters, corn and rolls. yes even that smaller side meals makes one sluggy! I won't be anywhere near that way today and never will be again.

dessert here is pumpkin pie only. everyone likes that and I HATE it so not one ounce of want there

when you get off the evil sugar addiction in life, you truly see the light of the whole thing.
    you see how food effects others around you.
    you get a mental sharp clarity of thinking and not in a sugar driven brain fog/coma
    you get energy and vitality
    you want to move and live life and go go go vs. being a carby/sugary crashing slug person after a meal.

No one is fooling me anymore HAHA
    I get it point blank. I love the new life and new thoughts and new feelings and whole new way of life off sugary/carby junky food

I am thankful for sure

just ranting out some thoughts!!!

BMI
    ZeroCarb, You have it right, with a great attitude, I get it; "we're not taking this BS any longer". My favorite line is "I get it point blank". To me that means we are looking the enemy right in the eyes, no more turning away!!!
    I am on Day 14 and thankful, GREG

BMI
    ZeroCarb and Aradasky, I started this WOE again because I could look down the road and see big trouble. When I am scared, I am willing to DO something. When I was full of myself in the past, I lost most of my fear and fell. Today I am praying to always remember and feel my fear and it's motivating power. I am not scared to be scared. Being scared is like being lost. When I am lost I am in trouble. When I "know" I am lost I can do something about it. I am still scared and lost but now I have a compass in my hand (LCWOE) to guide me to my goal. It will take me some time to get through the forest, but there is comfort now in knowing that I am heading in the right direction. Thanks for helping me get my compass out of my backpack!

BMI
    Quote Originally Posted by steadyed View Post
    ZeroCarb and Aradasky, I started this WOE again because I could look down the road and see big trouble. When I am scared, I am willing to DO something. When I was full of myself in the past, I lost most of my fear and fell. Today I am praying to always remember and feel my fear and it's motivating power. I am not scared to be scared. Being scared is like being lost. When I am lost I am in trouble. When I "know" I am lost I can do something about it. I am still scared and lost but now I have a compass in my hand (LCWOE) to guide me to my goal. It will take me some time to get through the forest, but there is comfort now in knowing that I am heading in the right direction. Thanks for helping me get my compass out of my backpack!
    And you have a couple of experienced hikers to challenge the mountain with this time.... all the help you need!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Great posts!!!!!

hey when we do learn the truth, believe the nutrition truth we searched out about very low carb and all that stuff......I mean at what point can any of us pretend/deny/excuse we know the truth? I couldn't do it any more. I couldn't fool myself anymore, I just had to face the truth and tackle it as I saw fit

I guess it boils down to all of that for each of us. What day do you stop pretending and start acting on the truth of it all? We all find our day

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.