Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1195

ZEROcarb

I am still wanting my 'brunch time' meal and I still want my dinner meal

what I am doing is basic for brunch time. When I cook bacon I make extra. Leave in fridge. grab a few slices and nuke it cause I am fine with re-heating some bacon in the micro. not as good as fresh pan fried but it will pass for me Also I am heading more towards 'tuna and mayo' for its ease. I also am ok re-heating a burger so I made a few and left in fridge. re-heat and add cheese to melt and this is an 'ok' fast, easy convenient meal again.

thing for me is I hate SO much re-heated in the meat dept My 're-heating' is not a huge menu to pull from

but I can easily eat one meal per day but in the end I am still 'wanting 2'....my around 12-1 brunch time food and my around 4-5 dinner meal time.

for some reason I have truly settled into this eating pattern. It feels wonderful to me and it satisfies me and I do well on it. It came natural. It is what my body wants. I have to listen to the old body, going against that would be stupid the body knows!

So as much as I hate cooking I am gonna prepare that brunch time meal and have things on hand for ease of eating. which will be fine.

Since I am doing so well on zero carb, meats only, I decided I best not monkey with the most natural way my body wants to eat. But I can change up how I cook to those needs

so upon thinking I decided to do my most natural thing and change up the cooking situation to fit it in as simple and easy as I can!

What I think is getting me is the darn 'carby dinner' required for hubby and kiddo. Hubby mostly!! Kiddo is being trained ever so delicately about low carb and she IS THE type that can eat a full can of tuna and mayo and be done. She can do a bunch of scrambled eggs and some bacon and be DONE! She doesn't 'require' that structured 'big carby meal' that hubby wants So I guess in a way hubby is the pain I am mostly cooking for LOL...........but slowly I am changing how that cooking goes down also so maybe in the end I can find a happy medium..........but I cook alot it seems. me and kiddo eat the same alot of times but I still have to do different for her, hubby and I eat polar opposite and alot of different times also........I think the darn food is just too much in my day. too much 'food decisions' but it is what it is so I will work around it all and find the best way to deal!!

And how I see food is so different that it feels alien anymore to give food any type of value to my life.....example is 'going out to eat for fun'.........I am losing that thought more and more each day.
    Hubby says lets go try this new place I heard has fab XX food. Guys at work says it is great! etc etc........to me this means nothing. I don't wanna go, I don't wanna have to 'find my food to eat' and I don't feel there is 'any entertainment value or time with hubby value I can't 'do somewhere' else. I would rather chat fun with hubby while kayaking a lake! I don't need to sit next to him at a table to 'find fun' anymore.

On vacay I nuked some frozen sausage patties I cook before and I ate 2 and he ate 2 on biscuits and we hit the lake kayaking. eaten, done fast, over and off to have fun.....after about 3.5 hrs kayaking and fishing we got back for getting the grill going for burgers. All this time hanging out and relaxing and chatting, enjoying the relaxation and 'fun of cooking' outside and EASE of this meal. naked burgers for me and he threw his on buns. Both content, happy, full and satisfied. With EASE! So while life can't be a vacation every minute of every day (or can it if ya make it that way?) , I can put these cooking situations into my life easily.

ahh, as usual just ranting away some thoughts. it always feels good I can come and type about what I am thinking about my eating zero carb. One thing always stands out for me. I love love love zero carb!

in a good place

BMI
    I agree, go with what your body likes. I do give in to cheese and salami if hubby is home and I have to wait until dinner time. If I can eat a large meal midday, I usually am not hungry until I go to bed. Listening to what your body needs is very good.

And a forever vacation! I vote for it!!!! It is so good to hear that your daughter is learning good habits. Not needing bread or a starch at every meal is super good for her. Good for you!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

oh yea Arlene, I had some salami and cheese the other day. I bought it as an emergency food in the fridge Kiddo loves it also. nothing wrong with a snack on some days when ya just gotta have something!!! luckily I snack so much less but hey in a pinch eat when ya want to eat

forever vacation? ya know some people do live like that. I might have to find a way into that group!!!!

So doing fab on zc.

I am doing what my best natural eating pattern is and it is working fine.

I think less and less (think, hmm, obsess) about the scale. I just am getting into that 'screw it' zone and living life like I am 'not dieting', I am 'not forever thinking of 'dieting and weight loss' and I find I am liking it more and more!

ahhh to be more free from the crazy of 'dieting'!

but ya know it was a super long road for me. years!! years to find my best spot. the journey was hard some days and easy others! thru it all ya learn, key is to 'listen to what ya learned!!!' LOL

big t storms around. weather is just horrible. so wanting to hike, bike, get out on the lake in my kayak or anything like that today but no way. skies are black. I hate shopping anymore to get out and about. stores hold no interest for me---I want outside fun!!

So my friend called. she wants to yard sale. rarely do I go cause this isn't me but I said yea today, she hopes to hit a few and maybe we will hit a flea market or 2? Not sure, she is in control, I am just going along for the ride. horrible weather so will see where this all ends up today LOL

BMI
    It took me years to not obsess about the scale as well. But you know we start this whol process to lose weight and that was our singleminded goal to keep up going. Then along the way, we learn how good it is to EAT this way in all ways and learn more about ourselves and gradually we realize we hit our goal, even if the scale is giving us different information. And yes, it is like a craving, it does come back everyonce in a while, but I even turn so I do not see the numbers on the docs scale now.

We have had clouds and even expect a bit of rain today and tomorrow - I LOVE it!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

So true Arlene. We start this to lose weight. Lose weight means look at the scale

when I finally dropped the scale not that long ago it was such a friggin' relief. I am done with that obession....and oh boy it was one for a long time!! I don't miss it ya know HA HA

clouds and maybe rain and ya love it?? holy cow HA HA.....polar opposite here. I am a sun worshipper along with high heat temps!

we got sun today. WOW, haven't had any in about 4-5 days

yard sale'ing was a dud spud yesterday. people selling true junk from their homes. didn't hit a good one at all. won't be doing that again for another 3-4 years LOL

Today is hike. hubby kiddo dog and I are going somewhere. sun out and still chilly out there but gotta get moving outside the house.

zc rocks and doing great

have to hit the road doing stuff

will have very late brunch meal when I get back....ribeye and bacon YUM

have top sirloin for grill tonight for family and I might eat some or not, depends on how late I eat my first meal.

wonderful thing about ZC is I can GO SO VERY long without eating and no hunger pangs at ALL.....but when you push it long like that, when hungry you are SO very hungry you best have a slab of meat on hand for fast eating And I do...I always have meat in the fridge at all times.

doing very well on zero carb.
    suits me so very much it is scary actually

I won't spout how bad it is to eat veg and all that other processed crap so many do....cause I sure as hell did it big time thru life but I don't want to be like the smoker who quits and tells EVERYONE to quit the evil habit---HA HA

but honestly I feel I need to preach Zero Carb to everyone at all times cause in all honestly I feel this is the ultimate perfect menu for life. But I sure understand how hard it would be for many to even conceive of how to be a meat eater only......of course me BEING a meat hound sure helps in this change LOL

ZC RULES! I can't say that enough

I could go on and on and on with this but I won't HAHA

OMG meat on the grill is just so friggin' yummy

having big old bacon cheeseburger when I get home later for my brunch time!

got some delish pork chops I am gonna hit with some cajun spice.

I love my zc ways!

and no one 'bothers' to research this stuff

Toxic broccoli. You've been told since you were a child that eating broccoli is good for you. ... Broccoli is loaded with goitrogens, particularly one group called thiocyanates. The consequence of eating these thiocyanates is the potential to develop the very serious condition of hypothyroidism.Jun 4, 2015

Toxicity: Cucumber contains small patches that taste bitter. These portions contain the toxic compound tetracyclic triterpenoids or cucurbitacins

and I ain't bothering going further but if ya check, the toxic in plants is way more than ya think

this is why meat is best for everyone ok off my soapbox now HAHA

off on 4 day trip tomorrow

weather is perfect for kayak, hike, bike, fish, swim and anything else I can think of doing at this point!!

near 90s and total sun...oh yes in my element!

Got the RV loaded with burgers, bacon, ribeyes, chicken legs, chicken breasts, sausage, pork tenderloin, salami and hard cheddar, hot dogs, and some cans of tuna as emergency backup. HA

I love this lifestyle.

Thing that gets me the family is carby but a 'more controlled' carby when I CAN control them....but on vacay I let that go. I don't 'do for them' as I do at home and they go ape on eating crap to the max

so I will have tons of energy on this trip, the family will be sluggy as usual.

I am getting a tad more annoyed when I say lets hike with dog and they groan.
    lets get out in kayaks early in morning and enjoy the sunrise on the lake...groan to the max!

HAHA

it is like I am leaving them behind so much in my energy level it is scary. I 'see' how the food effects them constantly and it irks me but heck what can ya do? I mean even with direct family ya can only do so much

oh well it is what it is

I will move and have tons of fun without them, I am getting used to hiking alone and biking alone and they do their thing...............and life moves on

BMI
    You go girl! Have fun and enjoy your life!

HAHA Arlene I am

so trip was rough.

$1,100 in truck repairs. yes, we got nailed. a fan failed and blew out some other things.
    long tough trip but in the end we had tons of fun kayaking and fishing and swimming but rough on the wallet and brain due to truck in shop while on vacation omg but got thru ok with it all

stayed on plan but I CHOSE TO EAT a few small things off plan one day. ALL I CAN SAY IS HOLY WOW!

I ate a few bites of things and OMG I FELT IT. I got kinda sicky and weird and my body 'felt the junk' I was eating. No joke on that, I felt the crap!!!!! In my body!!!!! it was so strange!

well I know if I can feel my body rejecting some small bites of junky crap then I can sure say it must be a 'poison' to the body.

yes in all honesty I am SO IN TUNE with what food (or pretends to be 'real food') in my body now it is almost crazy and insane and just .....I don't know........WILD to the max.

I eat meat only. with some seasonings sometimes. I keep it SO simple it is nuts and when I tried just a few bites of things that one day I was shocked not that long after how I felt inside. You know that 'little feeling' of 'something is off' in your guts? inside your whole body and how it functions?

yes I got that feeling.

so I prefer my zero carb meat and seafood loving life. no doubt about that.

this is PROOF POSITIVE to me when I 'felt this weird reaction' after taking bites of a few things THAT YOUR body knows!! It knows and is TELLING you yet no one listens??? Well ya know what, I sure as heck am listening

today is small cheeseburger whenever and having nice big old ribeye for dinner

BMI
    What a rough but wonderful trip. I am glad you all made it through safely and still had fun! And you added more to your arsenal of information for what you body needs. Sometimes we just need reminders.

Small cheese burger and ribeye sounds good!

you said it Arlene!

those few things were reminders and I felt them SO deep inside my body. It was like I ingested something my body DID NOT want and I knew it instantly

stupid truck repairs. luckily hubby got one of his bonus checks he receives from work and it posted to my acct today! WEE! that took the pressure off paying that stupid bill!

money comes and goes so fast don't it? HAHA

today is simple
    clean out rv and set for next beach trip in June
    get other crappola done in home

have to hit grocery.
    pork chops and chicken wings today. need a relief from beef. WOWs me everytime I say that. No ribeye, need a break but I am sure I will want one tomorrow

they got porterhouse on sale for great price, not a huge fan of them but will grab a few. have to shop the great low sales on steaks when I can.

loving my zero carb ways and as usual I can not say that enough !!

yea I had my zero carb doubts as it was a huge change dropping ALL foods except meat and seafood and some spices for flavor but in the end....omg I am loving this lifestyle.

So I have to post that in my journal about how I am doing on plan.......and I am doing wonderful!

today is bacon cheeseburger
    dinner got some nice ribs

BMI
    Hubby and I had ribs last night! Take out ribs but YUM!

ribs. RIBS!!!! YUM!! I still eat take out ribs from my joint down the road. they put on a rub, I am sure there is some sugar on it but in all fairness I barely taste any sugar when I eat them. I do fine on them so I count them as a ZC option Most ribs I can't get cause they are pre-slathered with BBQ sauce and I won't go there!

ah heck now my mind is on ribs LOL

simple day
    errands here and there
    rainy a bit
    like 2-3 more days of rain here...yuk

eating breakfast out with hubby----bacon cheese omelet for me

tonight thinking chicken with alfredo sauce. want that taste. my mind is heading toward crab legs also now. It is funny a few days in advance I see I want a taste change coming. I hold onto beef and pork as my main eating and I eat alot of that, but then I 'feel' me wanting some total different taste. Cool. I will go with the flow but I always end up back on ribeye and pork chops LOL

Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.