New here

BMI

New here

Hi guys,

I just started induction this week on monday. I need to lose weight. I'm a working mom with kids and need to lose this weight for my health and for my own happiness.
    I am 219 lbs today. Over the weekend I was 222.

How much is common to lose in the first 2 weeks?

Starry

BMI
    I am feeling terrific... no issues thus far.
    I tried this diet last september and only lost 7 lbs the first 2 weeks in induction... but I had a friend who lost 18 lbs. So I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Granted, i work sitting down at the computer all day. And then I dont have time for exercise, because I go pick up my kids from school, then come home to help with homework, cook, clean, put them to bed, etc... you know it is in a woman's world...

BMI
    My understanding is whether on induction or LCHF you need to embrace it and just see how it goes, the weight loss should take care of itself. Progress does make you feel good so I see where you are coming from, just be patient and stick to it. You can still tweak things as you go.

BMI
    Hi Starry! Welcome to the forum. Wahoo! You are on your way to a more healthy you, and what a wonderful reason, your family!

Your weight was not put on in a few weeks, and will take time to get off. As she said, the water loss is what you see first, then it usually slows down to 1 or 2 pounds a week. Are you losing without hunger and cravings? YES? Then you are doing it right!

Congratulations!!!!!!!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

BMI
    Yes ... no hunger or cravings here...
    just going to hope for the best... i will try try try ...till i succeed... 218.4 this morning.

BMI
    Good job! Why don't you start a journal and post what you are eating. Then if you have a question, we can go back and look it over.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

BMI
    Thats a good idea.

Yesterday I ate:

2 egg omelette with brocolli and a light sprinkle of mushrooms, cumin, and red pepper. salt and pepper sprinkled on top.
    snack was bacon.

lunch was chicken breast, salad with cucumbers, crumbled bacon, bleu cheese

snack: tea

dinner was tilapia and green beans sauteed in butter and garlic.

BMI
    Starry, go here
    http://www.lowcarbsite.com/forumdisplay.php/12-Journals
    think of a good name for your journal and start a new thread, just for you.
    Cut and paste your above post into it, and that will start your new path.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.