Ice Cream HELP

Ice Cream HELP

Setting up to start induction and one BIG problem is ice cream, I NEED MY ICE CREAM

BMI
    If you get into induction correctly, you won't need it anymore. Your sugar cravings will go away.
    Are you using Atkins? What year?
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Not started yet, still setting up, don't want to jump in until I am mentally and financially set to.

BMI
    I understand where you are. I had to take time to make that decision as well. It is a life changer.
    Then I watched this
    http://youtu.be/evcNPfZlrZs

I HAD diabetes. I HAD a sugar addiction. And a carb addiction. I used to add LOTS of carbs and sugar into my day. It takes about two weeks to get into full ketosis and the physical cravings go away. Hunger goes away, too.

This is not a diet, when you start eating this way, you will want to start thinking that this is the way you will eat from now on. I gave up all grains, wheat and all. They tempt me too much. If I start eating more carbs, I will get my diabetes back. I am not going to do that.

You can take all your questions, worries, failures, successes and chats to a journal. There, you can find everything to be able to look over if a problem comes up.

Think of a good name, go to the journal section and start one. Tell us about yourself.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

I don't consider wanting ice cream now and then an addiction. I don't consider any food an addiction. What I do is categorize them accordingly. If I am eliminating sugar from my lifestyle, then I need to find a safe alternative like a zero carb and zero calorie sweetener. Sucralose would be my choice. Armed with that information, I look for products and/or recipes (recipes are best; you know what's going into it) that fit my descriptor of what ice cream should be and I know I shouldn't overly indulge my new low carb ice cream. Then there is starch. It isn't an addiction to want potatoes. It's a vegetable and doesn't affect people the same way. What may not affect you, may cause someone else to gain weight. Which is my point. Want potatoes? Then find a substitute like cauliflower mashed potatoes. Taste the same to me and will to you, if you start adapting different techniques and consume them on a regular basis.

I don't believe in food addictions. I believe people hide behind food to make up for a lack of sentiment; I believe people over indulge in sweets for the same reason with the added bonus that it just tastes so good, and I also think people attached themselves to inanimate objects because it doesn't reject them.

Okay, psychological lesson done for today. My main thought is that you can have your "cake" and eat it to, it's just a matter of choice.
    '

BMI
    Thanks for your opinion, Etherial. However, do you believe in nicotine, alcohol or drug addictions? I do and I believe some can have food addictions as well. Our brains can override our logic sometimes. Sometimes, if there is a sugar or SWEET addiction, then even AFsugars will creat a carb binge.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradasky View Post
    Thanks for your opinion, Etherial. However, do you believe in nicotine, alcohol or drug addictions? I do and I believe some can have food addictions as well. Our brains can override our logic sometimes. Sometimes, if there is a sugar or SWEET addiction, then even AFsugars will creat a carb binge.
    Most certainly. I am almost 6 months nicotine free. I consider that an addiction. I have never been addicted to drugs and pray to God, I am never in that situation. However, when it comes to food, I have a different view on that, although, it is possible that all addictions are compensating for some loss.

I think my previous views have been converted. Way to go, Arlene.

I make my own I'cecream with heavy whipping cream. 0 carbs

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

BMI
    YUM! Do you have a recipe?

I use an ice cream maker. Vanilla extract and equal. Heavy whipping cream

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

BMI
    You know, I have one of those small icecream makers outside in my freezer. I need to do this. Maybe add in a bit of lemon oil or other flavors.... Oh my! Good idea!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.