Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

I'll Be Gone For A While

BMI

IMG_1473.JPGHappy Birthday, Steve!!! (Belated as you will see this when you get home!)
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Thank-you for the birthday wishes.. I really appreciate it...
    Always liked Bob Ross with his paintings..
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358.... New weight...210 as of mid June 2015.. 205 as of May 2016

BMI
    He made it look sooooo easy!
    https://youtu.be/B5Wo1ubuzAE
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

I will be unavailable for the next few days.. We are having visitors staying with us and the computer is in the guest room, so I won't be using the computer, not to infringe on their privacy..
    They are scheduled to arrive on Friday daytime and will most likely be staying for 4 days which means leaving on Monday..

Now, cooking for 4 will be a challenge.. I will try to make a variety of dishes for breakfast, lunch, and supper..
    I will let you know what went on during their visit.. l I haven't seen them in about 25 or more years..
    Originally weighed 358.... New weight...210 as of mid June 2015.. 205 as of May 2016

BMI
    This will be a very interesting Visit, Steve, renewing old friendships.

I am fine.. The visitors have gone..
    Tomorrow (Tuesday) I will bring my computer into the shop for its annual cleaning and renewal of my antivirus system..
    I will pick it up from the shop on Friday which means I will be off line for the rest of the week..
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am now off my anti-inflammatory pill one week before my surgery because it contains a blood thinner..
    This pill is what kept me going for my arthritis and if I don't take it, I will be in more pain than I am in now..
    So far so good but it will get worse very soon..
    I will be back on here on Friday night and let you know what is going on...
    Next Monday I am off to the hospital for the BIG day..

BMI
    Steve, it is "tomorrow" Tuesday, and I missed you. See you next week on a squeaky,clean computer!

I am back with the best computer I have ever had..
    it was not only cleaned up but somehow it is so fast and good that I am enjoying it again..
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is now Friday night and on Monday we leave for Sault Ste. Marie for my operation which is scheduled for Tuesday morning at 8:00am..
    I have to be at the hospital at 6:00am..
    I will be released on Friday if everything goes OK..
    I have NO idea when I can use the computer again as my right arm will be in a sling for 2 to 3 weeks.. I will try to type with my left hand..
    My wife will come on here and keep you up to date on how I am doing if I can't do it..
    It will be quite the challenge not using my right arm for some time.. Naturally I am right handed and I do most things with my right hand..

Food wise, forget it.. I will have no choice but to eat in the hospital what they bring me.. Usually bland food..
    Last week I made a very big meal with baby beef liver.. I thought it would be a good idea to have an iron boost.. Liver with a ton of onions was a real treat as I love liver as long as it isn't well done.. Medium rare is just perfect..

Enough for now, and I will come on here again before I leave for the hospital...

BMI
    Steve, Hurrah for the great "new" computer! Now when Annmarie uses it to talk to your friends with updates, she will not be bothered with problems. I have your surgery on my calendar and will be sending you healing and less pain vibrations. Be sure to ask for a LOT OF ICE, starting immediately after your surgery. It really helps even out the pain.

No problems on what you get to eat in the hospital, I usually dont have much of an appetite until about two weeks after anyway, however, you need calories to help your shoulder heal, so eat what you can.

I will eat what I can but I will also have my wife bring me some fruit when she visits me in the hospital..
    I will only have a left hand to open up the containers of their lousy food..
    There is NO way one can gain weight eating hospital food..

BMI
    You will be in my thoughts, Steve.

BMI
    I am not physically going anywhere, just starting my house full of family for the next week or maybe longer. I will try to look in every morning but I can't promise. I will have 10 to 11(including hubby and I) here at all times.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.