Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

?? About red lobster endless shrimp

I had forgotten that mussels were so high in carbs and had to redirect myself at one restaurant I go to.

Eggs are a no carb count on Adkins? So that's why I used to eat 3 for breakfast when I was loosing faster. I need to reread my book again because I begin to forget certain things...

broccoli is great! Sounds like a great meal. Someone was talking about going to RL because of the end less shrimp special.
    Do you have to choose only one type or are there choices of others?

There are 5 types I think, to pick from. But the only ones with lower carbs was the garlic butter shrimp or parmesan shrimp. You get the small bowls first (mix n match, whatever you choose) and then you keep ordering a bowl at a time. Your choice each time.

BMI
    We do not have a Red Lobster where I live, but we have an Outback that is GREAT! I can usually find a good meal anywhere. Bunless burgers, insides of fajitas, etc. I do not like things that are covered in sauces that I do not know how are made so I am careful there. And I can even get good greek or antipasto salads at pizza places!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

My fave low carb thing is Bisque which is made with real butter and heavy cream. I have one place where I go for that or now I've learned how to duplicate their recipe at home...
    The waitress where I go does low carb and promises me that there is no flour in it whatsoever. Which there shouldn't be flour in it anyway but they do lots of things to thicken in restaurants, bad things like corn starch and flour and thickeners that we can't pronounce the names of.

I always have my bisque with crabmeat in it but they also have crawfish bisque. I made some at home the other day with shrimp I had on hand. It was so good if I may say so myself.

Last time I made it I stir fried some shrimp in butter(you can also include some finely chopped onion and/or garlic and sprinkle with garlic salt) then when the shrimp are done add the cream and stir, loosening what's in the bottom of the pan and then remove quick so it doesn't burn. that's about it. Some sprinkle a little paprika on top for garnish. Usually served with white rice but not for me....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.