Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What did you do today?

What did you do today?

today I baked a cake for my husbands birthday, did laundry and boiled eggs as well as wrapped gifts. What did you do today?

BMI
    Whew, I am at daughter's home taking care of grandsons while they travel. Got two rambunctious boys fed, dressed, homework checked off and packed, teeth brushed and out the door to bus and carpool. Took shower, ate a bit of leftover bacon, then went to Trader Joe's to get food for weekend when second daughter and 3yr-old grandson will join us. Took a nap, (did not sleep well last night), watered thirsty plants-we are in a drought, then picked up youngest from school so his grandfather could take him to swim team. I got his snack ready, got him changed and back out the door is a record ten mins! Then started dinner while oldest GS got home, got his snack, he started homework, I worked on his dinner so he could eat before he swims. I take him then come home (he is in carpool for trip home) and will fix dinner for Hubby and the boy he took swimming. Then at 7:30 eldest gets home, I give him snack, make sure homework is done and music practiced. Bed time starts about 8:30PM. I will fall into bed about 9:30... NO wonder nature intended us to have kids while we are young.

I ate a bit of bacon, four eggs, 3TBS peanut butter, will have a salad w/ cheese for dinner.

Today i made some cookies for my friend tea party. The house smells good.

Today I did absolutely NOTHING..
    I made breakfast..
    I made us a coffee and some fruit for lunch..
    I made a stir fry in the wok for supper.. Prepared the meat and veggies..
    I cleaned up the kitchen from my cooking..
    I cleaned the stove from the stir fry..
    I did all the pots and pans and put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher..
    I took out the dog to do its business about 5 times.. Picked up the duty..
    I emptied the garbage from the kitchen into the large can in the shed outside..
    Made the bed..

Other than that, I did absolutely NOTHING !!!!
    To me, this is a rather quiet day........
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

BMI
    I noticed no snow removal ..... yet, Steve. LOL

We had tons of snow but it all melted last week..
    It is rather lovely now with the temperature hovering around the freezing point (0c)..

Now, I don't shovel snow at all except the inside of our carport which is nothing.. We have a long driveway which is 18 ft. wide and 65ft, long.. Our neighbour down the road has a front loader and he does the snow removal for us.. He has been doing this for the past 6 years free of charge..
    Our front entrance is in the carport which is protected from snow and rain..
    Originally weighed 358...... 205 as of May 2016....... Still 205 as of March 2018..

BMI
    Yikes! We were cold here when our high was 58F last week in the rain. LOL

haha It's exactly 58 degrees here right now.

BMI
    WE have a storm coming in tomorrow evening. YEA!! I get cold in the rain here.

lene..
    Could I PLEASE impose on you to send us up here some snow as well as cold weather ????
    We have nothing as yet.. We need extreme cold and snow very very badly and very soon...
    We rely on winter in our village for the almighty $$$$$$..
    Snowmobiling is a major part of our income as well as ice fishing and cross-country skiing..Poor winter, poor revenue for all of our village merchants..
    Thanks in advance....
    Yours Faithfully,
    Steve in Massey Ontario....

BMI
    Steve, I am blowing as hard as I can to turn this storm around and head it your way. However, maybe I am adding hot air???? oh shoot, at least I tried!

I cooked my daughter's favorite... Spaghetti Carbonara!

This morning when we got up we were met with a HUGE surprise in our driveway..
    Thursday mornings is our garbage pick-up day.. We put our garbage and recycling the night before as the pick-up in our area is early (about 9:00am).. We have a large wooden garbage box at the end of the driveway and the garbage man comes by and takes out the bags as well as the blue box of either cans or paper..
    Well, because it is still warm, the black bears are still roaming around looking for food for winter.. We have a garbage box that is supposed to be critter proof but NOT bear proof...
    You guessed it !!! A black bear got into our garbage overnight and when I say made a mess, I mean one hell of a mess.. Garbage all over the road, our driveway, the shoulder of the road, as well as over our front lawn..
    I had no choice but to get up early and go pick up the mess before the garbage truck came..
    Garbage is only once a week in our area..
    Next week, I think I will have NO choice but to keep an eye open for the bear and out will come my .303 and put an end to this nonsense..

Bear meat??? It would be nice but I don't know how to dress an animal.. If I could, you better believe it I would have lots of meat..
    What I will do is drag the dead body into the forest and let the wild animals have a feast.........

WHAT DID I DO TODAY ????? I picked up my garbage after a bear made a mess....

BMI
    Holey catfish, Steve!!! You topped anything I could add here!

Did talk a wonderful walk with friend and her dog at off leash dog park. The wind has cleared our air and the islands that are 20 miles away, seemed close enough to touch. Small details stood out. Wonderful walk and talk.

What did I do today? Touched the goddess Nature and smiled.

Arlene..... I MUST tell you what happened today.... PLEASE sit down for the laugh of your life...

We were sitting in our living room that the window looks out on the road.. Remember we live in the back country and not in the city...
    A young chap (in his late 20's) drives by our house on his pedal bike.. He was all dressed in hunting orange with the hat and all, including the boots..
    Ready ??? He had on the side of his bike a rifle holster with a rifle in it sticking out..

HE IS GOING HUNTING ON A BICYCLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon... I've seen many strange things but nothing as strange as this....
    Hunting by bike... It has to be a first....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.