Starting over?

Starting over?

Hello everyone, I started induction last Wednesday. I got through day one all the way until nine at night.. I then ate two bowls of cereal. I went to sleep and day two I made it the whole day at 20 carbs. Day three, valentines day... Made it all morning, by noon was eating anything and everything. Day four, Saturday I ate high carb, Sunday high carb. Today is Monday morning and I am sitting here reflecting on my poor eating choices and again breaking my diet. Does anyone else have this problem or have any advice on how to let go of he bad carbs. Any advice is appreciated.

Trying to start induction over today.
    Weight 242.8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMI
    Welcome Amber,
    I am assuming you have an Atkins book in hand, if not I would get one. READ READ READ and then decide to just do it. You have to REALLY want to do this. It is not easy in the beginning, but then eating the easy way got you where you are and looking for a better and more healthy way of living. Honestly, unless you have really decided that you are not in a healthy place....

Understand that the cravings are going to go away! THEY REALLY ARE! It may take a week, but if you really want this to work, then learn what you can grab to eat to get you through the craving, or go for a walk, or call a friend.

Get rid of anything that is not on plan in your house. IF you are with a family who is not going to eat the way you do, then hide their food, or at least put yours in plain sight, in reach.

Plan snacks and food and have it in ready to reach for. Hard-boiled Eggs, meat, dill pickles and so on.

TRACK what you eat. IF you are going to track everything, like I do after over two years, then just so you do not have to enter it in your daily eating, you may decide not to eat it! Start a journal here. List what you are eating.

Good luck and come back to let us know how you are doing.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Thank you! I am not in a healthy place and have to do this. I absolutely cannot continue to eat the way I have been. Thank you so much for the support. What book do you recommend?

BMI
    Amber,
    I understand where you are. I had type 2 diabetes, now under control.

I have this book
    http://www.amazon.com/New-Atkins-You...eywords=Atkins and it worked well for me,

But others like the older versions that are much more strict.

Mine is hightlighted, pages marked and read many times. That is why I suggested a book in hand.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Thank you, I will order one off amazon today. I took your advice and added salt to water when I was light headed this morning, it helped tremendously.

BMI
    I am so glad that the added salt helped you. I still eat between 30 to 50 net carbs and have to add salt. If I don't I get night time leg cramps.

Menu for today was

Breakfast, 1 egg and 1 turkey sausage round.

Lunch- lettuce wrap ( Slice of Salami, slice of pepperjack cheese, mustard)

Snack, few pork rinds and a few olives.

Dinner- ham, salad with 1/2 avocado, 1/2 roma tomato, zuchini pizza ( zuchini sliced with shredded cheese and pepperoni).

Had a nice walk to the park with my five year old. I feel great today

BMI
    This is very good! Now you should start a journal here and keep listing like this. Be sure to eat if you are hungry, especially while you are getting into ketosis. Then your appetite will reduce and it will not be so hard.

Thank you, do I just keep journaling on this thread or do I need to go somewhere else? still trying to figure this out

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.