Timing on when to eat when working out

Timing on when to eat when working out

Day 1 induction. Does anyone have ideas for timing on eating as if eat too soon feel sick and if not right thing get dizzy....advice?

BMI
    I think this will take experimentation on your part. I do not eat breakfast, even before exercise. Maybe you need a small amount before and then several hard boiled eggs after?

Some fruit or a small amount of juice and water should suffice if you exercise early in the morning. If you exercise mid-morning, then a breakfast high in carbohydrates will help give you the energy you need to get through your workout.

A bowl of oatmeal, wholegrain toast and jam are good choices. If you exercise in the late morning before the lunch, you should eat a light snack before workouts and, then a carbohydrate- and protein-rich lunch that will replenish you post-workout.

If you work out late in the afternoon, from noon to 3 p.m., do not eat anything before a workout provided you have eaten a well-balanced lunch and breakfast. However, if you exercise closer to dinner, a light snack, like a bowl of yogurt or fruit, is enough. Just make sure to wait an appropriate amount of time depending on the size of your meal if you do a post-dinner workout.

I do not always eat before exercise. But if I do not eat, I always have coffee with heavy cream, which does provide fat and calories. I have not had any issues with this. Otherwise, normally I eat right before exercise when I go to the gym during lunch. No issues here either.

I had a 'moment' the other day when I made my son his usual oatmeal for breakfast. He eats the same thing everyday, coincidently, it is exactly what is mentioned above, oatmeal, whole grain toast, jam, juice (plus milk). Well we had arranged the night before that he would have high protein breakfast with 3 eggs, like what I usually have. Well, I didn't want it to go to waste so I ate the oatmeal.

It didn't hurt, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it. Down 1.5 pounds this week for a total of 9 pounds in 10 days.

Otherwise, totally agree. Those high-carb foods are fine for athletic kids like mine. But they don't work at all if you are on a low carb program.

BMI
    Coffee and 1 oz of heavy cream are my friends in the morning. I can go until lunch on them.

(Congrats LeAnn, on the 9 pounds gone!!WHOOP!)

BMI
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradasky View Post
    Coffee and 1 oz of heavy cream are my friends in the morning. I can go until lunch on them.
    (Congrats LeAnn, on the 9 pounds gone!!WHOOP!)
    That is what I have in the morning also. Since I usually swim for an hour first thing in the morning, I have my morning cup of coffee with heavy cream, and then continue my overnight fasting until we get back home from the fitness center, which usually makes it a 20-21 hour fast each day. This seems to really be helping me to burn off fat, and I can see places on my legs and arms that are looking skinnier already.
    I am Yvonne and live in northern Alabama.
    To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.

BMI
    Thanks for the reminder. I knew that, but my built-in Carb forgetter put me back on a 1/4 cup 2% milk. I'll have Heavy cream with my expresso; 1/2 teaspoon per cup. Appreciate that!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.