Induction again

Induction again

Still doing damage control from thanksgiving and want to get back to my goal weight before Christmas. I know I will put some on during that 10+ days around Christmas through New Years, but overall I want to try to keep within 7 pounds of my goal weight to minimize that post-holiday 'diet'.

I hit my goal weight 10/12. My strategy was always to get a couple pounds below so that my goal weight was maintainable (otherwise that first meal would put me over, makes sense to me anyway ).

At any rate, that worked out, and I lost another 2.5 pounds before officially moving into maintenance. On Thanksgiving I was exactly at goal. Yay me! Unfortunately, the best laid plans...

Still up about 2 pounds from Thanksgiving. Travel, deadlines, holiday spirit, you name it, has lead to the slippery slope and my will power is not what it was. Then there was that bake sale, (it was a good cause!) and I was so hungry, tired, stressed (pick your excuse) that I had to have that gingerbread man. That lead to a cupcake and the cravings started. Grrr!

So now my plan is one week of induction to try to get back to my goal by Christmas. May seem like a waste since I intend to fully enjoy the holiday and treats that come with it. But how much would I lose if I didn't try? Hey, it's a plan. Now to execute. Wish me luck!

Happy holidays everyone!

BMI
    LeAnn, I know where you are coming from. I am, at best, 2-3 lbs over my goal now. I had been trying for months to lose two pounds under goal for the comfort of a bit of wiggle room but have had the DARNDEST time getting even these off! I am going to be clean next week until we go to my daughter's. I, like you, will come clean next year.

However.... I have not had leg cramps for the last week at night! I am trying to learn not to panic at the few pounds and just be sure to eat right. Even maintenance is a challenge!

I plan on not dieting intensely, but eating my maintenance calories and LC to VLC to get back down.

I will be watching you and we can give each other the boosts we need to get there. Even induction is not good enough for me, I also have to watch calories. Do you track?
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

I do not track like I use to. I use to log everything that went into my mouth and the calories. But as long as I do not stray from my daily routine I have a really good notion of how many calories it is. After all, 3 eggs is always 210 calories. Yeah, larger eggs might be a little more plus the butter they are fried in, but not enough to worry about the difference. But I'm cutting out snacks, even though it was usually nuts and not that bad. No deserts either until Christmas eve.

I'm not worried enough about the 2 pounds to crash diet, but I had become complacent in the last couple weeks. Managed to maintain my weight without really trying. But also not ever working up the motivation to lose that 2 pounds either. So I'm going to try this last minute push. It is only a week, right? I should be able to do it considering I managed a pretty strict diet for almost 10 months. This should be a piece of cake. So to speak.

So far so good!

Now, what to have for dinner without feeling too deprived. My kids want Italian. Hmmm

Hi Arlene,

How are you doing? Just checking in to say I hit my goal weight again yesterday and now I'm 1.5 pounds under. Not throwing all caution to the wind yet. That will happen soon enough on Christmas eve. But I'm happy with that. What I haven't had a chance to do lately is exercise and I can feel it. I feel like I'm shuffling and dragging my feet. Just too busy with work until Christmas to commit the time. I can't wait for the time off when I can get back to my routine.

BMI
    Very good LeAnn,
    I had a day of eating on Sunday so am still working that off. I have decided to reduce fat calories, and add in a bit more protein. It keeps my calorie count down, and at this point, I need to cut them back. There is no other way to do this, but with more protein, I am not hungry at all. I may be at my goal by the time I leave, but I also will watch what I am doing at my daughter's next week. I will allow myself a break on Christmas day. Then back at it. LOL
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.