Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Crustless Quiche

quiche

when I first made this, I let my kids have it. Now, I find myself getting selfish with it! My kids are older than yours, 19 and 21, and they can eat SO MUCH.

Any ideas for a meatless version of this? (I don't eat meat with dairy for religious reasons)

BMI
    I don't like meat in my quiche... I just use 6 to 8 eggs, shredded cheddar cheese, dry mustard, S&P, and a splash of cream. To that you can add any combination of veggies you like... just precook them a bit to get some of the liquid out. I like spinach/mushrooms, broccoli/red pepper, asparagus... anything YOU like can be put in a quiche. Add ground red pepper for a kick... or paprika... or fresh herbs. You're only limited by your imagination!

Ok.... what in the world is S&P?

Also, the cream I get here is 32%. Will that work, d'ya think?

BMI
    LOL... sorry... S&P is salt and pepper.

I think any cream would work. If it seems too heavy, add a little water. Add water to cream will lower the carb count per serving, too.

DELICIOUS! I'm making it again tomorrow for our EASTER BRUNCH!~

BMI
    Im so making this tomorrow lol breakfast is sorted for the week xx

I love this. It's a real staple!

I know what im having for breakfast tomorrow! Lol
    Thank you for this!

Definitely bringing crustless quiche back into my routine. I was doing this 6 months ago and then dropped it in favor of 3 simple fried eggs. As I looked at the calorie difference it was enough that I decided to cut back on the quiche and loaded omelettes. However, now that I am officially in pre-maintenance with about 7 pounds to go total, I'm going to be bringing back some of my favorites. And this is definitely one of them.

BMI
    Quote Originally Posted by LeAnn View Post
    Definitely bringing crustless quiche back into my routine. I was doing this 6 months ago and then dropped it in favor of 3 simple fried eggs. As I looked at the calorie difference it was enough that I decided to cut back on the quiche and loaded omelettes. However, now that I am officially in pre-maintenance with about 7 pounds to go total, I'm going to be bringing back some of my favorites. And this is definitely one of them.
    WHOOP!!! LeAnn, Way to go!!!! How exciting to be soooo close!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Thanks! I was really excited this morning. I had originally set several of my goals based on the BMI numbers. For example, one of my first ones was to hit some number that 'experts' said below that threshold you have a lower risk of diabetes and heart disease (BMI<27.3 I think?). The whole reason I started this was for my health. Then another goal was to become officially not overweight (BMI <24.9), that sort of thing.

Well, some time ago I decided a worthy goal was to be exactly in that middle of a healthy BMI range. That figure if you split the difference mathematically between 18.5 and 24.9 it is 21.7. Well, this morning I hit 21.59.

I know that sounds really arbitrary since it is just a number but that is really what I was aiming for. That last 7 pounds is more to allow a little room for those fluctuations. Like, you know how those doctors office scales always lie, right? This allows for a variance, I have kids birthdays coming up (and maybe some pumpkin pie come thanksgiving).

BMI
    That is perfect, LeAnn!! You chose a goal and maintenance weight that you can live with. You are doing so well!! This will be a way of life for you that you will always be able to come back to....Enjoy those little treats, but don't let it go to far! We get very sensitive to carb weight gain when we eat more carbs. And then some give up, but the key is to come back!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

I cooked this yesterday and loved it. I have actually been wanting to cook something like this for a while.
    I had everything needed to cook it already in my kitchen which is a plus because that made it user friendly for me....
    I made the basic recipe with 100% meat sausage, onions, spinach and cheese and it was so good....

I just did the Crustless Quiche again....OMG this stuff is amazing!!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.