Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Peaceful Day's Journal

BMI

Smile Peaceful Day's Journal

Today I'm getting set up on here. I haven't even started induction yet but I'm getting my mind in the right place and next up will be clearing out the carbs from the cupboards.

Getting my body in better shape has been happening slowly. I starting walking on the treadmill as a way of escaping the winter indoor blues. It helped and those hour long walks also decreased the swelling in my ankles. Yay!

Since then I've been back to my old favorite workout dvd, The 30 Day Shred. I also signed up for a week trial membership at a yoga studio. Today I had my first yoga class and I feel great. The stretches were easy to get into but hard to hold. I was in the basic class and sweat was pouring down my face! But that's good. I really liked the instructor and felt welcome. After the class I sipped on marvelous tea and chatted with another new member who'd been there for 3 weeks. They suggested some good classes for beginners.

I am starting a medicine in about a week that I've not been looking forward to. It causes fatigue and a lot of weight gain. So I know I'm most likely not going to experience fast weight loss but I hope to at least maintain until the 3-6 months of being on the meds is complete. Hopefully it'll be good news in 3 months.

Well it's good to be connected on here. I'm looking forward to meeting you please say hi if you have a moment. With friends for support I know we can reach our goals!

-Peaceful Day

BMI
    Well Hello Peaceful Day......and what a wonderful sentiment I might add.

It's a pleasure to have you join us on our journey and you are right that the support we give to one and other will help us all acheive our goals.

Getting your head in the right place is one of the hardest parts I think and keeping it there, although it gets easier, has it's challanges as well. I'm not sure I would have gotton back on the horse after my fall from LC were it not for knowing that these marvelous, supportive members would welcome me home, dust me off and kick start me again.

Bless them for it.

Looking forward to your stats, your progress and your yoga yarns.......I've always wanted to try it but live in a small community and have yet to find any classes. I'm not much for self teaching so I'm going to keep looking

BMI
    Here you are Peaceful Day. It is good that you are getting started now. Then you can be eating in a healthy way, while you are on the medication. Even if you gain on it, you will be learning and making a habit of the ways that will help you after.

It sounds like the treadmill is a good thing for you and I am glad you also have Yoga. Oh, and a new friend! That makes it even more special.

It is good to have you here and we look forward to getting to know you.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Welcome Peaceful Day! You have certainly found the best LC forum out there.....only supportive, compassonate people here with lots of good information and never judging you when you have a bad day.

Yoga is a very good way to de-stress and add some calm to your life. Getting out and meeting other people doing the same thing is also very emotionally positive. The treadmilll is also a good exercising tool.

I hope the new medications don't cause too many problems, but as long as you are following this program, drinking lots of water and being determined to follow this WOE, it will all work towards a healthier YOU!

Ask any questions youmight have and Arlene and Tril will be there with the right answers as well as many other members.

BMI

Red face So nice to meet you!

Thank you all for stopping by. It's nice to meet other people on here and know there's lots of support. Do you mind if I add you as a friend on here? I'm not exactly sure how to do that but I will once I've figured it out.

Last night I talked with my husband about clearing out carbs from the kitchen. He sounded reluctantly supportive but I know that I need it to be that way at least until I get through the first 2 weeks of sugar and carb detox. So after today I should be finished clearing out the bad foods. We don't normally stock up a lot so it's a quick process.

I'm really thankful that he's supportive. He's got one of those metabolisms that we all dream of. He's on a self imposed 'cut' diet now but it's not low carb at all.

Thank you guys for your support on the medicine I'll be taking. I picked the name Peaceful Day because I had been so anxious about starting the medicine and a peaceful day is what I want my days to be. Yoga really is good for relaxation and relieving stress so I'm thankful for that too. I am looking forward to the class tonight.

I plan to dust off my Atkins book and make a grocery list today. I'd like to plan out some meals. I know induction is pretty simple eating but if you guys have any favorite recipes let me know.

So happy for the support. Thank you!

-Peaceful Day

BMI
    And we all wish you peaceful days ahead. I am glad your husband is supporting you. Mine was very reluctant in the beginning and is now almost a full fledged member. LOL He caved when I told him, that instead of cereal and fruit every morning, I would fix him eggs and sausage. LOL

There are some great recipes in the book, here on this forum and on the internet. If you get a "hankerin'" for something specific, let us know!

eggs
    bacon
    meat of all kinds
    coconut oil
    olive oil
    butter
    low starch veges
    and lots of water!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

BMI
    Thanks Aradasky! That's great that your husband joined you too!

I've added those items to my shopping list. I had forgotten about coconut oil. Bacon sounds like a great idea. I haven't picked that up in a while so it'll be a big treat! Although I think my husband might have to avoid that since his 'cut' diet is low fat. I have to give him credit though. He's on his first ever diet for his cut and he's learning how hard it is to be restrictive.

BMI

Smile Day One of Induction

Yesterday we were hit with a bad snow storm. After driving to pick my hubby up for work I decided it was just too bad out to drive to yoga. Sad I missed it but today the roads are great so I'll make class.

The cupboards are cleared out of carbs now and I did my induction shopping. This morning I was running late for a few appointments so I ended up driving through McDonalds for breakfast. I ate the egg and sausage part and gave the biscuit to my husband. Not how I wanted to start day 1 but it was better then other options.

I'm going to start posting my food choices on here to make sure I get through induction clean. Any help or suggestions you guys have I'd love to hear it.

Here's my meal plan for today:

Breakfast: McDonalds Egg (.6 carb) and sausage (1 carb), glass of water
    Snack: tea unsweetened (1 carb?)
    Lunch:
    3 cups romaine leaves (3 carbs)
    , chicken, caesar dressing (.46 carbs) and grated Grana Padano Parmesan (0 carbs), coffee (0 carbs), 2 T cream (2 carb)
    Vitamins (4 carbs), Water
    Dinner: Beef pan seared with soy sauce (.59 carbs), 2 cups steamed broccolli (2 carbs) and cheese, glass of water

Total Carbs: 14.65

Can someone refresh my memory. How many carbs are we supposed to have per day in Induction?
    Last edited by PeacefulDay; 02-08-2013 at 03:08 PM.

BMI
    Morning PeacefulDay

Hmmm snow storm, I'm guessing you are in the east somewhere. I have a brother in Ontario and they were blasted as well. Smart move not driving unless you absolutely have to and even if you did hit McD's at least you did the best you could with it.

I'm thinking that the induction carb limit is 20 but Tril or Arlene will know for sure. It will be in the book as well. I don't know if soy sauce is allowed though, I seem to remember buying a Tamarind version to replace the regular stuff. I think I need to get my book out actually, maybe it will give me some more inspiration.

Have a fantastik LC day. Your husband will be a true believer when he sees yoru results but it's it wonderful that even with reluctance he is supportive.

Hi Peaceful Day!
    You are ready to begin and good that your husband is at least being supportive. That really helps. Mine is very good but he still has his indulgeneces like baked potatoes with sour bream, his morning yogurt and all-dressed bagel and he loves a bit of dessert in the evening. However, he does support what I am doing and we are eating the same meals. I just don't have the "extras" he does.

We too are "deep in snow" but it is very pretty after the shovelling is done! Good exercise though.

Here is a link you might want to read re: INDUCTION:http://www.atkins.com/Program/Phase-...ion-Right.aspx

I would advise that you buy one of the books or read about Atkins PHASES online. It is all outlined there, but I find I continually refer to my NEW ATKINS FOR A NEW YOU to keep on track. Also remember to drink plenty of water to keep hydrated.

Also here is a great place for Low Carb recipes. The ones marked with an asterisk * are INDUCTION FRIENDLY.http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html ENJOY! GOOD LUCK!

BMI

Red face Hi Guys!

Hi BenShade and Allie,

I really enjoyed reading both of your posts. So helpful! I'm definitely going to check out those links! I thought induction was 10 carbs and that I was going over. So I'll have to read up. Thanks for letting me know about soy sauce. I'll keep that off the induction menu in the future. I can't wait to check out the recipe site. I'm having friends over tomorrow so it'll be nice to have some creative ideas for what to make. I'll keep drinking lots of water. Although I might have to cut back before bed. I was up 5 times last night with a full bladder! lol!

Thankfully our weather has gotten better.

Look at you go, girl!

From telling me you were going to clear out the cupboards a few days ago, to now "Day Two" of Induction! Congratulations! Sometimes the hardest part is just getting started.
    I pray everything is going well today. The weekends can be hard because of "social" eating get togethers... But with this way of eating, we can still eat so much and I find it really helps me feel full.

Keep me posted!

Blessings. Rose

“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” - Walt Disney

BMI

Post Induction day 2: Before Photo

I got over the worst part today. Before picture. My husband took his before picture too for his cut as well. Hopefully these images change drastically over the next year!

Today I went to yoga and it was a new instructor again. I didn't realize that the class was 2 hours and it seemed kind of advanced for a newbie like me. Not the slow breathing stretches kind of class like it was before. This one was more of a workout. I was a sweaty mess at the end of it.

Here's my meal plan:

Breakfast: 3 eggs with green onion, red pepper and baby swiss and 3 bacon and water
    Snack: tea
    Lunch: Baked chicken breast and green beans, water
    Dinner: Beef with 1/2 clove of garlic and broccoli with cheese, water
    Snack: celery sticks

I'm running out of time for my post so I'll tally up the carbs later. I think I should be good.

BMI
    Hi Peaceful,
    You are allowed 20 carbs a day on induction, the majority in allowed veges. Be careful of cheese as well, it has carbs in it. Hard cheeses are the best, but best not to make a regular part of your meals. Otherwise they look good.

You are going to see a big difference in your body, soon. It is exciting to track. I am excited for you and hope you will continue posting pictures as you go.

You will get up a LOT in the beginning, you are getting rid of lots of water! Soon, it will be fat, too!

Your yoga routine sounds very good! Funny about the longer, tougher class, but you did it! Good for you! Did you feel as welcome as the first class you were in? I hope so.

Looking forward to talking again.

BMI
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Rose View Post
    Look at you go, girl!

From telling me you were going to clear out the cupboards a few days ago, to now "Day Two" of Induction! Congratulations! Sometimes the hardest part is just getting started.
    I pray everything is going well today. The weekends can be hard because of "social" eating get togethers... But with this way of eating, we can still eat so much and I find it really helps me feel full.

Keep me posted!

Blessings. Rose

“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” - Walt Disney
    Hi Miss Rose

Yeah things are going good. I made a Gumbo dish for company tomorrow. Mine will be just spice, meat, and onion over cauliflower rice. Then I'm making bananas foster for dessert for them and having a jello cup for me. I'm sure it'll be a challenge for day 3 but I know I can do it. Hope you have a great weekend!

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.