Fat and bmi increase

Fat and bmi increase

Hello everyone, I am 4 days into this diet and have lost 4lbs and am in Ketosis but when I weighed myself today I noticed my bmi and body fat have shot up
    also my cravings for chocolate ( which I never had before the diet ) are through the roof...please can someone advise me

BMI
    Hi Glammy! Welcome!!!

ARGH, We tend to HATE scales here! It is hard to ignore them, especially in the beginning, but be aware your body is changing, loosing water and soon losing lots of fat. The BMI/BF scales sometimes do not know how to handle this.

If you can get coconut oil, I love a tbs of coconut oil and a few drops of peppermint mixed with SF chocolate syrup. It is like a york patty! Soon, you can look up Low Carb sweets but get through the first two weeks and then you will garnish your hard earned rewards.

Your body is learning to use its body fat for energy instead of the carbs you used to give it and it needs a bit of time to do adjust.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Welcome Glammy. Lots to learn on this journey and you are just starting.

Glad my scales only show weight.

Hi, the best advice is ignore the BMI. It is unreliable. I know people who are perfectly healthy and slim, yet the BMI classes them as obese. It's ridiculous. The best advice is is you are feeling better and know you are losing weight, by eating healthily, then it doesn't matter.

BMI
    Again, good advice, Azam
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

I'm with Tril on this one. If you are getting BMI/BF measurements from a scale, I'd question the reliability of that. You can do the math to get your own BMI or go to an on-line calculator. If you have lost weight, your BMI can't go up, unless you got shorter too. That is unlikely in the extreme.

The BMI is a good guide for most people. But it is just a tool. One of many to make use of on your weight loss journey.

Good luck!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.