Starting Over-Need menu help

Starting Over-Need menu help

I tried this several months ago and wasn't successful. I know it was because I was eating too many prepackaged Atkins products. Anyone have any great menus for induction?

Thanks for the encouraging words. I have been studying and preparing and I think I am just about ready.

BMI
    Hi Coach, Welcome. You are in a good spot for information and lots of support.

It would be a great idea to start a Prpgress thread, let us know a bit about you and then start asking questions. Believe me, you will have questions!
    As you proress, if you stop losing weight then we will look at other factors, such as fat, calories and so on, but for not, be very strict with your carbs.

Be sure to add about 1/2 tsp of salt a day, ( I take 1/4 in am in water and 1/4 in pm in water) it will ease your low carb flu, constipation and and more.

There are MANY Low Carb recipe sites online, this is one of the best http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/ She has menus from her very first day and all her recipes have nutritional counts. Not all the sites do and then you have to sit down and figure that all out.

If there is a recipe that you would love to try, be sure all the ingredients are allowed for where you are in your eating plan.

And like Tril said, there is no rule for when you eat what is allowed.

Keep in touch!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

hi can i recommend the Atkins New Diet Cookbook. Its like the bible for Atkins users and has 200 recipes for all stages. I use this with the New Atkins New You cookbook, which also has 200 recipes and both of these are great guides. there are of course thousands of atkins/low carb recipes online, via google and youtube, etc.

BMI
    You are right, Azam. The internet has rescued me, time after time, as well as my good LC cookbooks.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.