fried chicken

BMI

fried chicken

Does anyone else use pork rinds like cracker crumbs?

If you grind up pork rinds (0carbs) with a rolling pin or grinder.....you can dip the chicken in whipped eggs and roll in the ground pork rinds and fry like any other chicken batter.

I use this method for any meat I want to fry. Works great for pork chops and chicken...

BMI
    Yes, i use them in my meatloaf.

I do oven baked chicken with the mayo, pork rinds and parmesan cheese.
    I don't even remove the pork rinds from the bag these days but to save time I just open one corner to let the air out of the bag and then crush the bag/rinds with a can or rolling pin until the rinds are of fine consistency. Then I mix the rinds with the parmesan cheese in a bowel. Season chicken with garlic salt and pepper and coat well with mayonnaise. Roll chicken in the pork rind/parmesan mix and place in roasting pan.
    If I am cooking 6 chicken thighs, I will usually use a 4oz bag of pork rinds. Add parmesan cheese to taste and desired number of carbs. I found this recipe a few months ago and it is the best oven fried chicken I've ever had and it is 0 carb without the cheese.

oh yes. i pulverize those pork rinds. I discovered from America's Test Kitchen that whatever one uses for breading, it will stick better using egg whites only, rather than whole eggs. now that my pilot light is back on, I look fwd to lots of fried fish and chicken, using the COPPERCHEF PAN. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

BMI
    I still use them for coating and sometimes for meatloaf filling.

I will be cooking chicken today, but w/o the rinds...just saute-ing them naked with spices and a mix of coconut and grapeseed oil. it is what I have in the fridge. I will cook them at moderate to low heat because they both have not very high smoke temps. I also have Motts unsweetened GRANNY SMITH applesauce. 1 oz is 3 gr net carbs. that will be the ONLY carbs I will consume on the day I consume the chicken. I will cook it tonight, but I will eat most of it tomorrow. for those of you who are not aware, I am following (my choice) a less than 5 net gram daily plan. it is working great. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

Where student drivers are taught to avoid "road apples"
    I usually bake my chicken pieces these days, but I've often fried chicken - no coating of any kind, and no added oils or butter, just cook it in the fat that cooks out of the skin... as the fat cooks out of the skin. Helps to start with the biggest portion of the skin down against the bottom of the pan, so it quickly starts to release fats for cooking. I've done this mostly with thighs and legs, since they have the most skin on them, and therefore produce the most fat while frying. If you do it right, you can get that skin pretty crispy without adding anything.

Baked is good too, and requires a lot less attention while cooking than when using the frying pan.

BMI
    I have never tried using the pork rinds, but I can see where that could work good. What I have done was use a mixture of almond meal and ground flax seeds, and that seems to work well, too.
    As long as I am not having much of anything else besides the chicken and a salad or low carb veggies, sometimes I just use WW flour, and coat it lightly. It doesn’t take much flour to coat the piece of chicken, and it is quick and easy to do. Or I mix the flour in with some of the almond/flax mixture. A few chia seeds can go in that breading, too.
    I am Yvonne and live in northern Alabama.
    To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.