what is everyones fav snack

BMI

what is everyones fav snack

I dont snack much but when i do i love a stick of celery stuffed with a mix of coconut fat chilli flakes a touch of salt and a teaspoon of almond butter, its like satay yum!

BMI
    Wow, that sounds very different Tracy! I like celery as a snack too but I'm old school......cream cheese LOL. Devilled eggs are one of my faves and chicken salad. Darn....now I'm hungry LOL

BMI
    hi Allie
    i keep forgetting about eggs as a snack, they are always part of a meal for me, i hardly ever have them boiled, strange as i really like them i am going to boil some right away .
    I am hoping to get some fresh ideas from this post!

BMI
    Great idea....I'll stay tuned in and maybe get some myself. I'm kind of geting stale as well!

BMI
    Tracy that sounds Great! I love coconut oil and almond oil mixed with shredded coconut. But will try yours!

I don't usually snack during the day, I save it for after dinner, and love a square of Lindt 90% chocolate.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Sounds awful but I have taken to eating lumps of low salt butter, sometimes dipped into our pink salt flakes!

BMI
    That is NOT awful!!!!! In another forum I read, there is a thread of butter snackers! LOL I used to LOVE saltines spread thick with butter. That is what you are getting here!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

BMI
    Actually Arlene, saltines spread with butter was very yummy now that you mention it! #%%!#$#$!!!!!!

BMI
    I have Lindt 90% in my cupboard too Arlene, its a tad strong for me but it certainly takes away a craving for chocolate with one small square. Odille i love butter and pink salt flakes but i have not tried it on its own, i am writing down these ideas as i was getting bored with celery and coconut fat and pork rinds.

BMI
    Question.....what are pink salt flakes????

BMI
    Oh my gosh, celery is nice and salty, wonder how butter tastes on it??????

Oh and here is our Australian Friend's pink salt flakes

http://www.saltworks.us/shop/product.asp?idProduct=165

When I was on the Murry I had no idea they got salt from it!

Those are the ones Arlene, and Allie, they have the most delicious delicate flavour, really different to ordinary salt. Because I am what they call a 'super-taster'.

Supertasters:

• Perceive all tastes as more intense than other taster types, particularly bitter tastes
    • Tend to be fussy about their food and have strong food likes and dislikes
    • Usually don't like coffee, grapefruit, cabbage, Brussels sprouts and spinach
    • Have lots of papillae, the tiny bumps on the tongue that contain taste buds
    • Around 15-25% of people are said to be supertasters

I like coffee and spinach (not too often!) but it is why I don't like sugary stuff, and cannot eat any of the chilli family, pepper or garlic. They are all just far too strong for me. Tropical fruits are off the menu too, they taste so strong they make me physically sick. I used to like pineapple but since going primal my taste buds have got stronger, and I now find it unpleasantly bitter.

I can however, taste differences in the various salts. People give me very funny looks sometimes when I say that. The MV pink salt is just delicious.

my favorite snack is pizza !

BMI
    Ice cream for me. heehee I miss it.

BMI
    Everyone knows it's wine silly LOL........ha ha ha! Actually I don't know that I have a favourite. I just ate some crustless pumpkin pie and whip cream. That was good )

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.