Thread: Cron O Meter progress measuring tool

Cron O Meter progress measuring tool

I have just found a site called Cron o Meter http://cronometer.com/ via a mention in someone's diary at the Primal forum.

It's just terrific. When you sign up you can indicate what food plan you are following, I used Paleo for the moment but there is a low carb ketogenic selection too.

And it lets you add your own foods, I will gradually add all my 'regulars'. And the exercise option is excellent, it has all the strokes for swimming and you set how many minutes you did. This is going to be really good for me and easier to use than my spreadsheet.

I've tried a few of the online ones including Fitday but so far I like this best for ease of use for me. It is American but the option to add your own foods makes it good for me too.

BMI
    They didnt ask for what plan I was on. Where did you find that at? Thank you.

Go to Profile and it is down the bottom right had side. You can select custom, I have made mine 40% protein, 10% carbs & 50% fat which comes out at 33 carbs per day, right about where I want it. I have set it for lose 1lb per week and a calorie level of 1287.

I am currently engaged in entering all my foods as our brands etc are very different to US ones. It's a bit hard as our carb count is net carbs, ie no fibre content on the label, but I'll just have to do without that.

BMI
    Oh, this is a good one. I am so into the habit of using my ipad, I have an app that I like, and it is very convient. I have a good list of favs built up in it but recently it has been acting up. I think I will look for another, but hate to leave all my favs! Also, this one tracks net carbs, but I want it to track fat also It has the content of everything, but I want to track them. Have to start looking around.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

It does track carbs / fat / protein in your daily diary (see screen dump below), and under Trends / daily Nutrtion tab it givs you averages of carbs for select periods from last 7 days up to All Time.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.