negative carbs?

negative carbs?

I have been on induction level for the atkins diet for two months and after the initial loss have been hovering between 218 pounds to 214 pounds.
    I've tried refeeding twice, and now have tried something else.
    I'm looking into "good carbs" and using low gylcemic load and glycemic index carbs more liberally.
    So I decided to try Chia.
    Chia has 6 carbs per tablespoon, but it also lowers your blood sugar and slows your body's metabolism of carbs into glucose...
    I have been taking a chance and I had 24 grams of carbs from chia yesterday (four past induction just from the chia!)
    I've only done this for about three days and I am now weighing in at my lowest ever! 208!
    It is been years since I have been this fit!
    I think it pretty much lowers the glycemic load of any other carb you eat-- it is like adding negative carbs!

BMI
    I have another friend doing LC and she has chia tea every day. I will have to get her recipe.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Fantastic Coz.

Jo
    My life tomorrow will be the result of my attitudes and the choices I make today.

BMI
    " it is like adding negative carbs!"

Um... not really. LOL When you add something with just fiber carbs to a food you're eating, you can't deduct those carbs from the food because they ARE added, then subtracted. You add them (say 7g) then you deduct the same amount (7g). It's a wash. Yes, you can seemingly lower the glycemic load but you can't lower the actual carb count for the meal by adding fiber to it.

I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.