New Type of Baking Pan

New Type of Baking Pan

Even though I'm new to the forum, many of you already know that I am a baking pan nut. I use my donut, whoopie pie and muffin top pans religiously. Well, on the web I saw a new (at least to me) type of baking pan. You can bake cake, cornbread, bread or meatloaf (and others) in it. What you end up with is a single-serving size (3" in diam.) 'bowl' that is made of cake, meatloaf, bread, whatever. You can fill the bowl with whipped cream, jelly, pudding, etc. for the cake. For the meatloaf, bread or cornbread 'bowls' you fill with a veggie in cheese sauce or whatever you can imagine.

The pan is called 'Cook's Choice 3 Inch Better Baker' and I got mine at Amazon. They are different prices, depending on who you buy it from at Amazon, but the one I ordered was regularly $14.95, on sale for $2.69. The shipping was $5.99 so I got it for $8.68 There were only 3 left for sale at that price, so after ordering mine this morning, there are 2 left.

Cook's Choice also sells a 5 inch Better Baker, but I read the reviews at Amazon, and most people like the individual serving size best. I don't know whether or not I will be posting any recipes using the Better Baker pan, but if I come up with something great, I will.

Well, the other 2 baking pans that were on sale for $2.69 are gone. I'm curious to know if anyone from this forum bought one.

Quote Originally Posted by bluehex View Post
    ...or make the shell out of ground meat (with thickeners etc so that it holds together) drop inside some cut tomato, onion, basil/oregano, grated cheese on top - bake it up and you'll have a bite-size pizza-ish thingy.
    I thought about pizza bowls, and was wondering what I was going to do for a crust. The hamburger is a great idea. Sausage would also work. Hope you will be able to find a pan in Poland. I have been looking for a pan like this at all the local stores, and also went online to the local stores and did searches for it, but the only place I could find it is online.

Yikes, what a hassle! Good luck with all that.

BMI
    OH!! Where in the US are you going to be Blue?
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

BMI
    Oh wow. I have a daughter, SIL and two grandsons in San Diego. I live about four hours drive in good traffic, north. Wonderful city.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

BMI
    I loved San Diego! Only city I can say that about. LOL Take the trolley tour. It seems "hokey" but it's a great way to see a little bit of everything. I bought my ticket online... saved me from having to go to the first stop to buy a ticket in person. It's a get on/get off trolley... your ticket is good all day. Here's a link:

http://www.trolleytours.com/san-diego/

I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

BMI
    I've never been to NY... have no interest. DH wanted me to go... but nope, not happening. LOL

I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

Thanks Widget for "heads up" on those pans. I may have a look myself. I usually do very well when shopping online.

Wow Bluehex, what a hassle for you ordering anything from the States.

Yes, good idea to wait until you are there in the Summer.

We visited San Diego once and enjoyed it very much but I too love a trip to New York City.

Hope your day was lovely and you enjoy the evening.

Jo
    My life tomorrow will be the result of my attitudes and the choices I make today.

@ bluehex - Yesterday someone offered to mail you some pork rinds from the U.S. It's quite a hassle for you when you order something, but if someone sends you a gift, is that any easier, or is the process the same?
    Last edited by Widget; 03-17-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.