Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello everyone.

BMI

Hello everyone.

Hello everyone,I am keen to start soon after a bit more research.I cannot find the Atkins book here or buy the e version.This site is great as regards to info without the book.
    i wish you all a great.
    Take it easy,but take it!

BMI
    This is a great site with info!! And welcome!! Feel free to ask questions but also it is BEST to read the book cause you find find so much more info. Even being on here and other places and being on Atkins before you STILL can find stuff out you didnt know before. Ive done that before!! I love reading it over and over and Im no expert with info!! Have fun!!

Welcome to this wonderful LC site! You'll find lots of encouragement and friendly advice here. It's very motivating. I recommend going to the Atkins website: http://www.atkins.com for the basic information. Good luck!

BMI
    Hello and welcome.....this is definitely a great site full of info and support!!! I love it here!!

Hi Gerhard and welcome to the site

Hi, gerhard. I'm new here myself. I just started looking through the recipes here, and there are lots of them, so I'm hoping to find some good ones.

There is a little bit of a learning curve when you first start eating low carb, so if you have any questions, ask away. Someone will be able to help you out. Welcome Aboard.

BMI
    Welcome Gerhard! Good to have you aboard!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Welcome Gerhard. you will find nothing but helpful information, support and a great gang of people here.

So glad you found this site.

Jo

BMI
    Welcome, Gerhard... as Kim suggested, if you can't get the book, go to the Atkins website! Everything you need to know is there and it's all free.

Tril

I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

BMI
    thanks for all the kind words everyone.i will do some research and go and do some shopping today.

BMI
    Thats what I'm doing today. It's my long weekend so this is when I love to cook up a mess of stuff to eat and freeze! Might try the zucchini lasagne today!

BMI
    The Atkins website has the Phase One/Induction foods list... use that as your shopping guide. If it's on the list, you can have it. It's if not on the list, don't even ask. LOL

BMI
    hello,all took this week to work out this eating plan and was not very strict and loss 2kg.I am now on 91kg.i am real impressed as i did not do any exercise so i am looking forward to this week giving it 100 percent and doing some swimming and running.the lack of fibre gave me some constipation,any advice for this problem?

BMI
    Hello gerhard,

welcome!! this forum is by far the best iv found support and free info wise.
    Congrats on choosing low carb to help you lose/mainteane your weight and good luck
    xxxxx

BMI
    Quote Originally Posted by gerhard View Post
    hello,all took this week to work out this eating plan and was not very strict and loss 2kg.I am now on 91kg.i am real impressed as i did not do any exercise so i am looking forward to this week giving it 100 percent and doing some swimming and running.the lack of fibre gave me some constipation,any advice for this problem?
    Yes... more water, WALK (it stimulates the bowels), more raw veggies, less cheese, 2 cups black coffee. If you need a fiber supplement or laxative to fix the issue, do it. Then work on preventing it from happening again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.