Spaghetti/Dumplings

Spaghetti/Dumplings

I've been low carbing about a year and the thing I miss most is pasta... mostly spaghetti. I have Diabetes and tried Dreamfield's. After 2 hrs. my blood sugar was low enough, but 4 hrs. after it had risen wayyyyyyy too much, so I consider Dreamfield's to be a scam.

To me, sheritaki noodles are like what I imagine eating Earthworms would be like. I have tried tricking my brain into believing that strips of veggis (like broccoli coleslaw) is pasta, but that was a big joke.

If only I could find a dumpling recipe that didn't disintegrate when I cook it (even though I simmer them ever so gently) and really did taste like dumplings, I think that would do the trick. But I have tried so many dumpling recipes that were a total flop, it is discouraging.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be gratefully received.

BMI
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

I tried one recipe that had a cup of almond flour and 2 eggs and it disintegrated when I cooked it, even though I simmered it very slowly, so I have my doubts about this recipe. Have you tried it? If so, did it taste like dumplings and hold together? To me, the almond flour ones don't taste like real dumplings.

In the U.S. psyllium husks are the main ingredient in medicine if you have constipation. I once ran across a cracker recipe that called for them and people who tried them said it kept sending them to the bathroom. Then the thing about drinking lots and lots of water after you eat it doesn't sound so great. Kind of scared to try this one.

Thank you for taking the time to explain it all to me. I'd like to try it, but I am 67 and also have Diabetes, so unfortunately I already have to make a lot of bathroom visits without adding lots of water into the mix. I know Atkins recommends drinking a lot, but because of my kidneys, I'm not able to do that. It's sad because I'd sure like to try your recipe.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.