Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hello, Everyone

@ Tril - I really need to find a good baked fish recipe. My husband loves fish but since I don't eat it, I brush some butter, salt and pepper on and bake. Would be niice to find a way to season it so we'd both like it. I'm not into doing any broiling.

@ Allie - Have you tried making your spaghetti sacue and and using it in eggplant parmasean? Of course you would have to sub sweetener for sugar. I know a lot of the ep recipes call for spaghetti sauce. Well, believe it or not, I've never tried eggplant, but DH wants us to, he's sick of the same few veggies that we eat. I wouldn't know how else to do it except try an ep recipe.

BMI
    Widget... at home I fry my fish in butter, no breading at all. The key liking fish is making sure it's fresh as fresh can be. If white ocean fish smells "fishy" it's not fresh. Salmon stinks to me no matter HOW fresh it is. LOL I don't like fresh water fish at all, either. But I love me some cold saltwater white fish... cod, haddock, hake, etc. The steak fish like tuna and sword I can sometimes tolerate IF it's really really fresh and I cook it. I avoid it in restaurants, though. What I'm saying is, not all fish tastes the same... experiment to see what you like.

I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

BMI
    HAve you gone here for some great Vege recipes? http://aveggieventuresrecipebox.blog...b_simple_sides There are tons of LC veges online. Makes life a bit more fun!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Thank you for the link, I sure need that. Last week my husband said we should try eating eggplant, neither of us have ever eaten it. That tells me he is just as sick of eating the same old veggies as I am. I don't know if eggplant is only around in certain seasons or not, but my local Walmart Supercenter didn't have any.

Happy belated birthday Tril and as Allie says: "Earth day is a great day for your birthday to be this year Arlene.....April 22nd I believe.

I am missing pasta too......I JUST LOVE IT with a homemade tomato sauce with lots of herbs, my special garlic bread......OMG, I probably gained a couple of pounds just writing all that down!

Hope you all have a great evening!

Hugs,
    Jo
    My life tomorrow will be the result of my attitudes and the choices I make today.

Widget,
    We happen to have fish at least 3 times a week. A favourite recipe is to take a whitefish like cod, nice and thick pieces if you can get them, lay them either on parchment paper or foil and top with green onions, capers, fresh dill, sliced black olives if you like them and a little salt and pepper.Wrap tightly to keep in all the lovely juices. Bake them at 325 for about 20 minutes and serve with a nice salad or a vegetable of your choice. DELISH!

We also love fresh salmon fillets and cook them in a little butter with a small amount of Extra Virgin Olive oil and season with pepper. I serve this over mashed cauliflower and sometimes serve a salad to my husband and son or a little broccoli which I love!! Really yummy! We are fortunate to have a WHOLE FOODS SPECIALTY STORE where we live and get the freshest fish which never has a "fishy" odour at all.

I'll get some other recipes which you and your husband might really enjoy!

You have given us enough great recipes to try!!! Time for "payback!"

Have a great evening!

Jo

Attachment 224
    My life tomorrow will be the result of my attitudes and the choices I make today.

BMI
    Don't have much fish here except salmon. Hubby LOVES to catch it and always keeps it, fillets it beautifully but won't eat it and there is only so much I can eat. I really only like the sockeye. He does a really good job of smoking it but that of course contains sugar and I'm not sure how it would be with splenda LOL

BMI
    It might taste right with Splenda... but it wouldn't get that caramelized color with real sugar. If dh won't eat it, maybe he'd use splenda for you! I'm like your dh. I love to catch it, clean it, cook it but never ever eat it. LOL

I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.