Pancakes

Pancakes

I am ok using soya flour to make pancakes as it says it is in the old Atkins book ?????

You could also use Almond Flour meal. I made some muffins yesterday and they were a real hit! I used Almond Flour and added some unsweetened almond milk instead of water. Yummy!

Jo

BMI
    http://www.nourishingdays.com/2010/0...lour-pancakes/ Coconut flour pancakes are yummy too! I stay away form all soy now, have a friend with hormone based breast cancer.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

I am going to try these pancakes for my husband. He is skeptical about changes and also eats grains. This recipe looks delicious!

Thanks for posting.

Jo

BMI
    My daughter, SIL and grandsons liked them, let us know what your hubby thought, Jo.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

I cant say im impressed by them ,I dont think i would make them again .

BMI
    Elizabeth, which ones did you end up making?

Made them with soya flour .

dreadful stuff, try coconut flour.

I try to avoid pancakes as much as possible now.

BMI
    Oh yes, Sandra, especially in the beginning. Pancakes are way to much of a comfort food for me. I did have them once, made from coconut flour and SF syrup, but no way can I have them more often now. Maybe after I hit my goal, they will be seldom treats.

Try Wheat Gluten.
    I use that every so often to make both pancakes and waffles and find it just great.
    Almond flour goes off rather fast unless it is kept in the ice box (fridge) or the freezer.
    Wheat gluten flour is also kept in the fridge to keep it fresh.........

Should you want the recipe for pancakes, just yell out and I will post it.
    I used to live to eat......... Now I eat to live.....
    Even a Fish wouldn't get into trouble if it would only keep its mouth shut..
    Originally weighed 358.... New weight.. 208 as of mid June 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Try Wheat Gluten.
    I use that every so often to make both pancakes and waffles and find it just great.
    Almond flour goes off rather fast unless it is kept in the ice box (fridge) or the freezer.
    Wheat gluten flour is also kept in the fridge to keep it fresh.........

Should you want the recipe for pancakes, just yell out and I will post it.
    Benji, many of us here arre gluten intolerant and I am grain free exvept for a littel rice, which is why gluten is not acceptable.

BMI
    I don't do "substitute" foods. If I can't have the real thing, I don't want it.

I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

low carb pancakes made with cottage cheese are the best anpd very low in carbs. i blendd one slice of banana in my batch.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.