Fat and Bones - books by chef & author Jennifer McLagan

Fat and Bones - books by chef & author Jennifer McLagan

I was reading my Sydney Morning Herald Good Living supplement this morning and it had an article on this chef & author's new book on Offal (which, sorry, I find awful!). But it also mentioned she had written books called "Fat" and "Bones".

It said: "Jennifer McLagan, a former Melburnian who now lives in Canada and has made a career out of writing food books that challenge. Her first was Bones. Then Fat (which she loves and celebrates as highly healthy)".

A chef who doesn't think fat is evil? That's my kind of chef! So I went and found her web page and here is a link to the books page - you can rest assured these two titles will be in my cooking library very, very soon. If you are in Australia an would like to purchas them, Fishpond (follow the link on my Primal blog in my right hand sidebar) have them and the price is less than Amazon's plus postage. Those of you in US/nth America & UK can us your local Amazon. Just search on 'McLagan'.

I'll report back when I have the books and have absorbed some good fat lore.

BMI
    Oh yum!!!!!

PS, I agree, Offal sounds awful..... I am sure we will get an earful! LOL
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

oooh...I love offal. The Americans call it organ meats don't they? sounds nicer. I'm definitely going to look up that website and the books, thanks

http://www.offalgood.com/what-is-offal

Nice to read your posts again Flora.

I'm so glad you posted in this thread, I had forgotten all about these books, but have just ordered Fat & Bones from Fishpond. I really wanted them as eBooks, would be so good on the iPad, but even though hse is an Australian author, I got the old 'not available in your country' run around - infuriating and I have emailed her to ask why. But I have saved a few recipes from the site as pdfs so i can at least use those, and i can scan any I like from the books. And the veal shanks with fennel and blood orange from the website is being shopped for today!

Actually, I love reading different forums about this fat and bones because I learned so much.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.