Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I screwed up

BMI

I screwed up

Last week I proudly boasted on here about losing 2 1/2 lbs. in my first week of Induction. This week, I lost none but I didn't panic because I've read other posts stating the same thing. Well, I screwed up. First, let me say in my defense there's a ton to learn about the Atkins lifestyle and I missed something big. I replaced all my bad habit snacking with baby carrots. Plus, I've been shredding them on everything. Oh yeah, and eating them in my salads. I was even bragging today to my husband....who was eating soup with carrots in it. "You know honey, I kinda like all these carrots I've been eating lately."

So isn't it funny that while I'm sitting on the porch eating some carrots I finally read in one of the Atkins books I bought that you have to stay a mile away from carrots during Induction because they're loaded with starch.

BMI
    Yep been there. Its a learning process. I have done atkins so many times cause I know it works and I still read the book over and over.

Well, carrots are hardly the worst thing you could eat. At last you'll be able to see in the dark!

BMI
    Had to giggle out loud a that one! We all have been there and done that, maybe not with carrots but believe me, it happens all the time. This is a learning process and you just took one step forward. Now, hope you see more progress without the orange vege in your day!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

BMI
    thanks for the reassurance. So now that I've cut sugar completely out of my diet I don't have the slightest interest in a piece of cake or ice cream but I'd hurt someone for a darn carrot!! lol That has to be the strangest feeling I've ever had. But, I guess I should be proud of myself.

Been there, done that....keep my Atkins book close at all times and read and re-read. It takes a long time to get it right and I'm not there yet.

Loved what you said Odille: At last you can see in the DARK!!

Attachment 154 CLICK for Animation!

Jo

Ignore the 2nd graphic. I didn't know how to delete it! Maybe i should have stayed in bed today! LOL!

BMI
    Hillarious Jo LOL It's nice to know there is someone else out there as technically challenged as me LOL

HELP! I finally got my ticker tracker on and i chose from a Spam SITE! Now I cannot remove it!

Jo

Attachment 158

BMI

Talking

Well, the truth is after a while little gigantic SNAFUs like that won'y matter much... BUT, during induction I'd get a copy of the Atkins book where he lists the exact food items that are allowed on induction and eat *only* those items, and not one thing else.

Of course, if you just now noticed, you couldn't have known. But for this two weeks (or two months?), I'd be ever so strict. It will pay off in the long run because it leads gracefully into OWL.

My Two Cents :^)

Tony

BMI
    Hi Tony .....haven't met you yet

The more the Merrier!

Hello all! I am new to this forum and have done atkins on and off for different occasions.. I really have never understood what NET CARBS meant.. I am day 2 into my induction..and in the past, I have always just been super strict on MEAT, EGGS, AND CHEESE!!

BMI
    dbrammer Welcome.

Okay, net carbs are the total carbs of the food minus the fiber.

If you have a food that has 15g carbs and 7g fiber Then the NET carbs are 8g.

You say you have done Atkins over and over, but you are not doing it if you only eat meat cheese and eggs. On induction you are allowed only the foundation vegetables, and only 20 NET carbs a day where at least 15 of those 20 are from the vegetables. You really need the vegetables to get the fivber you need to process all the food in you body. And you need the minerals and vitamins from them.

This is a way of living the rest of your life, if you try to live the rest of your life on egss, cheese and meat, I can understand why you have are not eating this way now.

It is not easy to start, you have to track everything, BUT if you do Atkins (Or whatever other Low Carb plan you choose) it is such a rewarding feeling, knowing you have learned how to live AND eat well.

I suggest you get a book, either buy one or the library and do a lot of research online and figure out how you want to eat. We have a tone of information here and are very friendly, and will try to help answer your questions.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Hmmmm....that is interesting..so basically I have been doing my own version of a low carb diet.. hahaha! Thanks for clearing up the Net Carb definition. I must say, however, what I have been doing WORKS!

I do not ever need to lose a lot of weight, but for example: I am recovering at the moment from foot surgery, so for the past 5 weeks I have had a ball eating! I gained 15lbs in the process.. so I am back to doing..well.. "my version" of the Atkins. I only do it at times..that is what I meant by "over and over"

I do eat veggies.. (but VERY little) the first few days. I am a Medical Esthetician so I take a large amount of vitamins daily for skin reasons actually, but good to know since from your response I need those as well as nutrients. Here is a quick run down of what I eat:

Breakfast: Omlet made with sausage, green onions, cheese, and a crazy amount of water

Snacks: pork ryons/ a spoon full of peanut butter, almonds, squared cheese, atkins snack bar etc......

Lunch: Salad with chicken, eggs, and a tad of ranch

Dinner: Chicken, Steak, (some kind of meat) with either green beans or broccli

I also sometimes if in a rush will drink one of the atkins shakes.. LOVE THOSE!

I also LOVE to make cheese dip and put it over grilled chicken strips or use it as a dip for my pork ryans (THAT grosses the hubby out!

How does that sound? Yay? Nay? I'm DEF open for suggestions

I also am faithful with my exercise and I use a hand held galvanic spa that keeps cellulite under control! It is my most awesome find!! I use it on my clients faces as well!

Thank you very much for your response! I usually never stop going and blowing so this is actually my first time to join a forum as well.. It took me FOREVER to figure out how to respond.. hahaha

Have a blessed day!

Dusty

BMI
    Dusty, If what you are doing works for you right now, that is what is important. Some here will tell you to give up the Atkins snacks and shakes, but if you are losing and using them, you may not be one who stalls on them.

Right now, I am not sure if you are tracking your food, it is a VERY good habit to get into for a lot of reasons.

No matter what we do to lose, calories are still important and tracking will fgive you an idea of what you are eating. You may very well stall and if you do, then if you are tacking you can go back and see what might be causing it.

And Even tho you do not have a lot of weight to lose, this way of eating is not just good for losing weight but for living!

I am glad you found us, we are a friendly group and would welcome you to come to the progress section and start your own thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.