Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what was hardest for you?

BMI

what was hardest for you?

What was the hardest thing for you to give up when you went on the Atkins diet? For my husband, it's mashed potatoes. For me, it's pizza.

BMI
    Awe geez Laura ..%&%$&^% did you have to mention the "P" word LOL

For me it was WINE!!!!!!! I sell it, I love it and I want some right now! well...not really but the first two are true. I haven't really had a hard time giving up anything so far other than the conceptual ideas about what goes with what. You know, like cheese (good) and crackers (bad) or eggs (good) on toast ( bad) or meat (good) and mashed potatoes and gravy ( double bad) So really it's just a brain adjustment. Perhaps I've been lucky so far . I think summer is going to be very very very hard for me because 1) I am the queen of fresh fruit pies (bad) and salads ....bad salads....I'm talking potatoe and pasta salads 2) I do alot of camping which with my friends involves....you guessed it...WINE. and 3) It gets pretty hot here and I spend alot of time in the boat or at the river which usually involves looking for rocks and drinking beer or ciders. All of these things will have to change. Since this is my new lifestyle ( I don't call it a diet) I'll get through it. The benefits are far superior to anything I may have to pass up along the journey. Together we will all succeed!

BMI
    not on atkins but hardest for me is MILK :'(

BMI
    Pancakes on Sunday mornings with my girlfriends. But now I get to see their amazement at the weight I have lost while I eat my omelet and bacon! LOL

BMI
    MMMMMM Pancakes...good one Arlene LOL. So how are you doing Laura?

BMI
    For me, it's definitely been pasta. And sauces. I've tried the shirataki noodles as a substitute, but it doesn't come close to just some good old homemade pumpkin ravioli or linguini.

BMI
    what is this pumpkin ravioli I keep hearing about these days?

BMI
    It is a culmination of sweet and savory deliciousness that is my entire childhood fall memories of "home" wrapped up in it's own carb-acious shell. and drizzled with usually an apple and pecan sauce, in my house.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pumpkin...li/detail.aspx

BMI
    Tebori, after that description, I couldn't even go to the website in fear of sugar overload! ROFLOL

BMI
    Aww I'm sorry! I didnt mean to incite fears, but sadly the easiest thing for me has been going to websites like these and breaking down my favorite receipes and altering them and figuring out how to make them as close to 0 net carbs as possible but still be the same thing.

I too miss pasta and sauces. There is one that the whole family absolutely loves, a recipe by Ina Garten (The Barefoot Contessa.) It is shrimp Linguine in a lemon/butter sauce with fresh grated parsley. With a baguette (white or brown and BAD for YOU) this is a meal to die for! If I was ever arrested and on "death row" this would be my last meal with a glass or two of Wine!

Wine is hard to give up but only when you are with others enjoying an outing and you have to drink your water.

I also miss a nice cold glass of Skim Milk.

However, a big bowl of my favourite pasta never tasted as good as losing weight feels. I in this for the long haul!

Enjoy your day ladies.

JoAttachment 148Attachment 149

Hello everybody! I'm new here, but not new to Atkins! I've done this so many times that I find this time around I've not had any problems giving up anything, my problem is getting in the zone, wrapping my mind around doing low carb, but once I'm there I love this woe and can stick with it for months without any problems. I'm so looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Patty

BMI
    Cadburry Eggs. Candy. any kind basically.

Cheryl, with Easter fast approaching I walked past a shelf of those Cadbury eggs and thought of you. My husband loves them also!

I found this link to a website and some
    Cadbury Egg Goo Games! Watching will not put any calories into your body! LOL! ENJOY! http://www.cremeegg.co.uk/

Have a great day!

Jo

It was & ia potatoes for me. No substitute compares, & I loath sweet potatoes, they taste too sweet to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.