Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

what was hardest for you?

BMI
    So Patty, I am curious. You said you have done this so many times that it is easy and that you love this woe and can stay on it for months at a time, what is it that throws you off? Is it something that causes you not to come back the next day or the next meal? Why not your usual way of eating with a few strays? We all are afraid of not staying on this path, so any words from you would help us understand.

BMI
    I found your progress thread Paatty,and a lot of this is explained there. Can't edit the above post and make it go away on y iPad.

ok, I was just going to add (don't think I added in it my journal) that I DON'T want to be attractive to my husband AT ALL. I know this is what is going on, I want no advances from him so when I start to get my figure back I panic and eat, now that I've decided to divorce him (the sooner the better) I can pass through this.

BMI
    Laura if it's pizza you should try the flax pizza crust that Coz posted! I haven't tried it yet but it sure looks good.

actually, (and i am following an even more restrictive carb count than induction), i do not have to give up ANYTHING. there is a low carb version of just about everything, these days. aside from the lc recipes for pizza, I, SOMETIMES, if I am near a good pizzeria, I will order 1 or 2 slices, get some toppings, sprinkle on my garlic, oregano, and pepperoncino, and a plastic fork to eat it all...except the crust. I NEVER bring pizza home. but, to answer your question, NATHANS french fries. I never consumed less than 2 large orders along with the 4 franks with mustard and kraut. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

Where student drivers are taught to avoid "road apples"
    It's been a long time on LC for me, so I'm trying to remember what was hardest to give up, probably cookies though.

But as time has gone one, I've found or developed simple recipes that substitute for the things I've missed most. And for the most part, I've figured out over the years that it wasn't the carby part of the food itself that I missed - it was a combination of non-carb flavors and texture. So I now make mashed cauliflower as a carrier for my xanthan thickened gravy (What do we all do with all those browned bits that cook out of all that meat we eat? Don't waste them - deglaze the pan with some water, and save that intensely flavored liquid for sauces and gravies!) Thanksgiving had become kind of a sad day for me until I figured out I could use oopsies to make my own personal stuffing, and bring my own mashed cauli and gravy. Oh and don't forget Linda Sue's pumpkin bake - the best part of the pumpkin pie, spicy and rich.

There's more - when I was growing up, we used to have a sour cream spritz type cookie for Christmas. The best part of the flavor was the sour cream with nutmeg, so once I figured out how to make cookies using protein powder, I can whip up a small batch of those sour cream cookies, and even though I don't use the spritz press, so they're not so pretty, it's still the flavor I loved. Using a protein powder based pancake type mix, I can even make pizelles in various flavors.

Even pizza. If DH orders a pizza, I'll just eat the toppings. But if I want pizza flavor at other times, I spread a little bit of unsweetened tomato sauce in a dish, spread some mozarella cheese and toppings over it, heat it, and there ya go - the best part of the pizza.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.