Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jason's (BlondreTHEGIANT) journey

BMI

Arrow Jason's (BlondreTHEGIANT) journey

Well here I go, starting induction tomorrow.

My beginning stats are as follows:
    6'8" tall
    310 pounds current weight
    250 pounds goal weight

I have rode the roller coaster of weight loss ups and downs and am ready to get off and make a lifestyle change. My wife and I are expecting our second child next April and the way things are going if i don't make a change I won't be able to be active with either of them as they grow up.

My overall health is ok but with very bad knees from playing basketball through college the extra weight is a big factor. In addition my wife is experiencing gestational diabetes so this type of eating habit change is a must for her also.

I am excited but know that this isn't just a short term change but a change to how I live the rest of my life.......a change for the better!!!

BMI
    Thats right! A change for the better. Think of it this way. You get to eat and not starve. That is how I think of it. You can eat 3 meals a day and 2 snacks. You eat till you are full not stuff. What other "way of eating" goes like that. Congrats on the second child!!

BMI
    Oh my goodness, what a wonderful reason to start this way of life. Your whole family will benefit ad how nice to have a partner on the journey with you! You are right that you will want to teach your kids those basketball moves that you know so well, and it will be easier if you are not hurting. You all will do well and thank you for sharing it with us!
    Arlene

BMI
    Well day 1 was a bust, fell into habits too early and then just gave in. Tomorrow is a new day and I can do this......

BMI
    Yes you can. When you fall you get right back up and get on track. Think of your goal. Before you go off try and ask yourself is it worth it? Do you really want it? What do you want more? Ask yourself questions and maybe you will find out what you really want.

First, congratulations on the pregnancy! Second, if you haven't done so already, do yourself a favor and read the Atkins for a New You book. Actually read it. Don't just skip to the "what to eat" chapter. I found it helped me stick to this new way of eating when I knew the science behind it. You can also go to http://www.atkins.com for more information, but I personally like having the book around. Another thing you can do if you find yourself weakening, before you grab that donut and stick it in your mouth, is go to amazon.com and read the 5-star customer reviews for any of the Atkins books or Life Without Bread. There are many inspiring success stories there. Good luck to you. Keep us posted.

BMI
    I second Kim, and be sure not to beat yourself up for one day.... As long as you are constant 99.9% of the time, you will be okay. I had my book out for weeks, reassuring myself and read all the success stories here and on other forums. Also, if you like we can set up a sorta challenge for the new year.That kind of thing keeps me on track. Just thinking....
    Arlene

BMI
    Well 4 full days into induction and things are going great. My job is super crazy right now but by planning ahead and packing lunch and snacks the night before I have been able to make it fairly easy. I even succeeded in making it through a wedding reception buffet last night and stuck to it (even though the chocolate fountain was a big temptation).

I have read the new Atkins book multiple times as well as another book ("why we get fat and what to do about it" I think was the title) so I completely can see the big picture and why this really works. I am excited to continue to support my wife (all the meals I am experimenting with make great leftovers) and make myself healthier along the way.

Thanks to all for your positive comments!!!!

BMI
    Very Hard to do it, but you resisted a chocolate fountain! There will. E a prize for that! Weight loss! And good for you for thinking ahead about lynches and snacks.

BMI
    Week one is in the books:

Current Weight 296.00
    Chest Measures 46.5"
    Stomach Measures 50"

Getting easier but still staying focused and taking it a day at a time

310 on 9/25 and now 296 on 10/6. Well done!

BMI
    Wow!! how fun! Good work!

BMI
    Weekend from hell, was absolutely exhausted no matter how much I slept. Am assuming this was my "flu" stage. Bit better today and even avoided all the bar food at MNF tonight.

Hi, I'm new here, too. It sounds as if you've got great goals--what a wonderful gift to give your baby--a healthy, happy Daddy

BMI
    Wow, you are definitely one of us if you can push away from the bar food at MNF! Good for you! I ran into the "flu" in the second week. One day were I could not even walk up a flight of stairs. Even now, I will have a low day but I know it will be followed by a weight loss. Now, on those low days, my normally hard exercise routine is much slower and gentle. Hope you are through it fast.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.