Page 39 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Cheryl (Happy1240)

Congrats on the loss! another happy dance for you!

Good morning Cheryl, what at great workout weekend you had! I certainly wish I had friends that were willing to workout with me on the weekends, I would actually do it. This past weekend was a little different though, I did get in 100 pushups, that's it though.

Arlene, what you are describing is called HIIT (high intensity interval training) and yes, it is the most effective method of exercising both for strenght as well as to lose weight, when my knee is better I will be doing this on the treadmill, right now I am doing it with nautilus machines, tried it with the jumprope this past weekend epic fail, and swimming.

Allie, I didn't realize it was you (your pic changed again) I keep looking for the no wine symbol...lol.

BMI
    Yes, Cheryl... Bluehex is no longer an admin or a member of our forum. PM me if you like.

I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

BMI
    Congratulations yet again Cheryl! You rock girl! And don't feel bad about missing your mini goal by one lb.....thats exactly what I missed mine by too!

Well done my friend.

BMI
    That is a beautiful pic of you Alli!!!

Thank you11 I hope I can keep this up now.

BMI
    Oh Chery! 1.5 pounds!!!!! Oh fun!!!! I know 1 pound will come off this week for you. Then YEA a GOALLLLLLL!!!
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

BMI
    And on Exercise, I only started because I wanted to train my muscles to use insulin again. Cardio just sorta followed. Now I LOVE to impress my grandson with my biceps! LOL (But he has to ignore the wavy stuff underneath, the stuff covering my killer triceps. LOL!!)
    Last edited by Aradasky; 03-26-2012 at 07:45 PM.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

BMI
    Thanks Cheryl! It's one of very few good pics I have.......taken at just the right angle to hide my chins LOL

One lb is going to be a breeze for you!

BMI
    I wasnt planning on going to the gym this morning. Why? Who knows just didnt plan on it this morning. I did last night cause I laid my clothes out. Then this morning I didnt feel like it. Went on the computer and then the internet went down. Ugggg I hate that. Gets my anxiety going. I start panicking thinking how can I fix this blah blah blah. So I thought just go to the gym. So I did and when I came back the internet was working!! Meant for a reason for me to go to the gym!! So glad I did!!!

BMI
    Another workout Cherly!!! Thats great!!! I have to work this afternoon and we have 200 x 40lb cases of booze coming in. That will be my workout LOL Yesterday was about 6000 lbs total worth of beer. Offloaded and restacked so 12000 lbs moved. Never let it be said I don't get exersise in some form or another LOL I sure worked up a sweat!!

BMI
    Come on Cheryl.....join in on the challenge. How can you be jinxing anything? You are our star player!! We just want to know how much as a group we can lose in 2 weeks and you don't have to do anything different we just need you to PM a start weight to Arlene today so she can do the math at the end. CHERYLLLL!!!!! CHERYLLLLL!!!! CHERYLL!!!!!

BMI
    No I am sorry. Im not getting into it. Its not jinxing you guys its me I dont want to jinx. I know myself very very well and I dont want to rock my losing streak. I wish you guys all the luck!! You can do this.

BMI
    Good for you for going to the gym. There are days when I stand in the garage, keys in hand and walk back into the house. I just do not want to go! However, today I went and did my high intensity intervals on the bike and lifted 12.5 lbs for all muscle groups. I can feel it now, and know I will have a rightous stiffness tomorrow. (when I plan on using VERY light weights in class, lol).

No problem on your not joining into the challenge, we will still invite you to the celebration!

BMI
    That's where having a gym buddy comes in handy... there are days when I wouldn't have made it to the garage before deciding the heck with it. Same for her. Even on the days neither of us wants to go, we talk each other into it. LOL

I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

BMI
    OH I sooooo agree. While I was working out there was a man I did not know, about the same age, working out next to me and I am sure we pushed each other. I was just thinking about that! It would be wonderful if I had someone like that. Most all the other women are taking classes but I do not want to do the things they do, I get hurt.

The classes I do take are doing things that will not hurt me.

In the past I have paid trainers and there is an older woman friend I meet there several times a week to talk to after class, but the days we do not meet, I do not always go.

I will have to activley see if I can get someone to join me....... for free... lol!

BMI
    I think a picture is due dont you??? Im going to have my husband take a picture of me and see if you can see a difference since the last time.

Page 39 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.