Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast

Aradasky's Downward Adventure

BMI

Aradasky's Downward Adventure

Hi,
    On Atkins one week today, and I am one very happy woman. I finally got very tired about how I looked and felt and decided to go for it. I also have diabetes and knew I needed more protein than other diets would allow.

SW 192
    WTD 185 7lbs in a week!!!!

But my fasting glucose has been creeping up on me for a while. That is the real reason I had to go to Atkins. I have had Adult Onset diabetes for about 15 years, controlled by LOTS of exercise and eating right. Well, as you know, my eating right got off track. In experimenting, I found that protein was goo to have with carbs for me, but had trouble always putting them together. The cards just seemed to win. Now, for one week and beyond, I am the winner.

A normal glucose reading is usually 100 or lower, fasting for 6-8 hours. Mine has been close to 120 and I was on the edge of having to start medication. I took it this morning, and it was 84! I almost fell out of my chair. (no not from hunger!)

I ate a lettuce wrapped hamburger at our favorite joint and loved it.

And so on to more adventure!
    Arlene

CONGRATS ! I can see a little friendly competition starting here ! hehe

Just popped on to attach myself to this thread ! 2 more days for my second week weigh in ! I am bursting to get on the scales, but I am holding strong..... scales are evil, they keep calling my name ! But as much as I want to weigh myself daily, I want that surprise at the end of the week instead. So I am holding strong !

Well done on your weight loss, I hope you took a before photo? I have decided I will post a photo every 20-30 pounds I drop ! (or maybe monthly?)

Rach

BMI
    Competition? Lol, no fair, you started before me! Lol no, just having the fun of bouncing off each other is very nice. I will post a picture of myself when I get back to my computer. I like the one you have here, Rachel. And yes, I took a before pic that I now have where I can see it everyday. A very good tool. I think I will take one a month, good idea!

I am traveling the next two weeks, will still be able get here but probably not be able to weigh myself. I will be home two days in the middle so will get it then but not on Tuesday.

I had a hard day today, had the real blahs and no energy. I could barely walk up the stair to the cardio equip at my gym! I did 20 mons of cardio and some weights, but not the normal sweaty routine I do. Just could not move! I feel lots better now, almost bed time and know I will do well tomorrow. I am doing water aerobics and love it.

I am not going to be able go do my exercising while traveling but tend to walk a lot. I am not worried about eating, I can eat almost anywhere (except a bakery!!!) and be happy. I am taking my Atkins bars to snack on in the evening, the worst time for me, and pepperoni sticks to keep in purse.

Looking forward to your weigh in, Rachel........... Can't wait to congratulate you!

BMI
    Oh yes, for a lunch I fixed a flaxseed muffin and loved it! It was just like having a specialty bread like banana bread! Yum......

I have not made a flaxseed muffin yet ! I'm worried they are going to be 'eggy balls' and honestly, I'm trying to avoid eggs, I'm not an egg eater at the best of times, but on induction it's been a little overkill for me ! LOL. I must admit, the thought of eggs is starting to make me gag. lol

I also tried the '$6' atkins bar last night, the 'chocolate decedance' one. That wasnt DECEDANT ! Not my cup of tea, I'd sooner go without ! Tasted very....ummm..... artifical and really 'odd', almost sour, even hubby (who will eat pretty much anything) had a bite and put it back in the fridge (so thats saying something!). What ones are you eating? I'm scared to buy anymore now lol. I did buy a 1g card choc pepermint crisp bar, hope it tastes better than the million dollar atkins ones ! lol

I think I have to watch the salad dressing, I was eating the balsamic one thinking it was 'free' and OPPS, it adds up quick. I love salad but really need a dressing with it. Today I had fish and I sprinkled it with LSA (LSA is linseed, sunflower and almonds ground up) and lemon rind before grilling it, nice. Gave it a slightly nutty flavour, nice. I'm and going to work on trying to make LSA into a 'crumb' mix so I can crumb chicken or fish. Wish me luck ! LOL

Oh and YES stay away from the bakery while you're away ! Evil places they are, I dont think a bakery would have anything in there you can eat on this diet. Today after work I walked the long way around to the carpark, a) because it was more excerise b) to avoid seeing or SMELLING the little italian donut shop ! Some little Italian man makes these fresh hot 'italian donuts' called zeppole in there.... they are filled or un filled with all these various centres. If I was to walk past there now my hips would scream ! LOL Instead I went to the cafe and got a green salad and a grilled chicken breast with a side of water. lol

yeah, watch those salad dressings! I found only the more expensive mayonnaises are really low carb, the cheap ones have a lot of sugar in. The best one I found is Amazinnaise - it's vegan so egg free Jordy - and 0.2g carb per 100g. And I prefer a tiny bit of 'proper' 70% dark chocolate to Atkins bars, they are so expensive.

BMI
    Okay, the Atkins bars. I know they do not taste like candy bars, but what I was having, a sugar free fudge sicle taste great but has TONS of carbs! And the bars are counted as 2 or 3 carbs, depending which one you eat. And as a type two diabetic, I saw my fasting glucose go from 119 to 84 while having one bar a day. I think others may use eat more. They are pricey, but the premixed shakes are MUCH worse. I know I could even go to half a bar and be happy as they are VERY filling. However, I have a small supply and when done I will try the chocolate. That sounds yummy!

Rachel, as for donuts and bagettes and sour dough bread, you hit my soft spot. Oh my...... But to see what is happening here to me now, is such a deterent to that! I have not been tempted, also bypassing htem and going to the vegetable isle instead. BIG surprise!! I use regular salad dressing, blue cheese being my fav, but I can get away with a tablespoon full as I love the taste of the raw veges. My hubby says I would love grazing in a meadow. He is right! He pours on the dressing so I get him the light versions.

I am really looking forward to my next weigh in (I think next Thursday because of travel) because to me, two weeks of this wonderful weight loss will be the test.

By the way, I love how much all of you, FloryG and BlueHex with all this wonderful experience, step in and guide us through all these problems. Thank you so much.

BMI
    I had the expected low day last weds. I mean hard to walk up a flight of stairs day, wanting to curl up and sleep day. Then woke up with headache on Thursday and a smidge of one today, Friday, but now, after my eggs and sausage, I am roaring to go!

So cool!

I think I will weigh tomorrow and glucose just because of my trip. I am curious what will happen in those 4days. And then again before my next trip that is a week. If I do not gain,and stay the same or loose, I WIN!

BMI
    What a wonderful day. I tested my fasting glucose again and it read 90! That is what I am going to keep foremost in my mind as the weight slowly comes off. I actually started "dieting" a while ago at 199 lbs and watched it come off and then stop at 185, then creep back up so I went on Atkins. I weighed in at 184 this morning, and stood in front of my mirror singing.... I feel pretty, oh so skinny and pretty and fine! LOL

HAHAHAHAHA.... I'm not at the 'looking in the mirror singing' stage ! But I'll get there !

I lost 4 pound last week, so thats 12 pound in 2 weeks. Really happy with that, not even tempted to 'cheat' (which is unusual for me). Really enjoying this diet and hoping I can drop another 30 pounds by christmas time. I think I can do it, so my 'mini goal' is to lose 30 pounds in 19 weeks. Even if I get close I will be happy.

When do you go away Arlene? and how long will you be gone for?

Take care

Rachael

BMI
    We are on way to met a friend in Vegas. He is lonely, his wife passed a few years ago and we are going to cheer him up! Then next Friday to Italy for a week. Hubby travels worldwide and I follow on some trips. I will have Internet but not scales! Lol

CONGRATS!! Rachel, that is so good!

BMI
    Okay, spent a few days in Vegas and stuck to it even tho they tried to get me to drink some wine and eat bread! Yea! I do need to take a laxative tonight, I tried but did not get in the veges I needed. Will weigh in tomorrow. And then off to Italy for a week..... NO PASTA NO WINE...... well, maybe a taste of wine....... LOL. I will post weight tomorrow.

good luck, I have no idea how you will cope in Italy ! You'll have to walk around with your eyes closed and seal up your nose so you dont smell anything either ! lol

remember it's not antipasto........it's anti-pasta !

you're going to be in Italy, I believe it's illegal there to NOT have one glass of wine? I'd hate to see you get arrested for refusing some vino !

BMI
    I think I will be okay in Italy. Have to appease the wine police, Rachel...... Good heavens, would hate to have you have to come bail me out! Anyway, today is kind of one of those days that I have read about in other threads. I am at 185.8 today. I will weigh again tomorrow as I think I have some water weight from the trip. I did loose some on the inches scale, however.And I feel lighter! LOL (looking for the sunny side)

I will stay in touch!

BMI

Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.