The Vicomte de Bragelonne by Alexandre Dumas

The Vicomte de Bragelonne by Alexandre Dumas

Have you read The Three Musketeers? NO? Shame on you. Yes? Did you know there are 5 books in the series? No, neither did I until I discovered Twenty Years After which is about D'Artagnan, Porthos, Aramis and Athos...er..twenty years after.
    Part 3 is the Vicomte de Bragelonne, I don't know why it's called that because he's not in it much but it's JUST as good as the 3 Musketeers with bravado and honour and swordfights and court intrigue. I'm now awaiting the arrival of part 4, Louise de la Valliere and guess what? Part 5 is The Man in the Iron Mask I never know that was part of the D'Artagnan saga. Great reading, highly recommended.

I used to read all the time -from the time I learned to read and I picked up a book called Charlottes Web, I have been reading books and sometimes I would have as many as 3 books started at a time. We should probably label that part of my life "pre-computer era". Now about the only book I read is the bible. I have asuch a full life that I don't have much spare time, During the summer I deep grandbaby, and I have a garden with tomatoes, okra, cucumbers and squash and bell peppers. I have a flower garden, and I mow our lawn. My dh said dthat if he mowed it he would buy a riding mower, I love to push a mower and it only takes about 4-5 hours to mow it all. I have to do it in two days. But I really enjoy it. I love the way I feel when I get through, every muscle seems to be singing with energy. And I go to church and am involved with a few church activities. But the last books that I read was the left behind series. I loved it, it is biblical prophecy. I felt they stay pretty close to revelations.

you deep grandbaby? huh? is this a new dance?
    Interesting that you say ' I have such a full life I don't have much spare time'. My life wouldn't be complete without books, it's not something I do in my spare time it's more something I do every minute I'm sitting down.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.