Atkins bars??

Atkins bars??

Good morning to you all,

Have just come back from the shops and I bought some Atkins bars (as they were on offer.....ssssoooooooooooo expensive over here) anyway they say suitable for ALL PHASES of atkins although I prob won't have them until over induction which will be a couple of months I think.

Have any of you had the bars.......does it seem to slow down your wl ??

I'm not as well versed in the science of how it all works as I wish I was, but for me, sugar alcohols (what they use instead of carbs in a product like that) seem just as bad as carbs, and give me additional interesting digestive problems. I also can't use them.

I can eat one or 2 a week and it not effect my weight loss or ketosis. However, I can not eat them every day!

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh to the bars then

Sugar alcohols don't make me stop losing, but the havoc they cause in my stomach if I have too much... Be very very careful. I got depressed one night and at three quarters of a box of sugar free Millionaires candies. Then suffered terribly.

I learned my lesson. It was MONTHS ago, and I Haven't had sugar free candy since.

I am just so frustrated and annoyed that the Atkins Diet Plan, which is supposed to be the Holy Grail of low carb dieting and why we are all stressing to stay under 20 grams of carbs a day--is telling us that it is ok to use the bars, at least one a day if we choose, and does not restrict the use of such artificial sweeteners as Splenda and Stevia. Good Lord...if we can't believe what they say, then what can we believe about this way of eating. Here I am, following this plan as closely as humanly possible, having a bar a day as a fill-in treat and Splenda in my coffee only to hear half the world yell, 'NO BARS--NO ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS'!!

BMI
    AH, but we need to remember that for SOME of is, artificial sugars are not all alike. I can have EZSweets in my coffe, sugar free jello, SF soda and Atkins bars (I did not like them as they brought cravings for baked goods) and still lose weight. My husband uses AS as well and has lost weight.

I did not use them for the first two weeks but went on and lost 50 lbs with sweetener in my coffee, one or two sodas a day and SF jello. I still use it at maintenance. Many who eat this way, do.
    We are not all the same. AS (artificial sugars) are a chemical additive and many decide not to have any extra chemicals. Experiment. If you are stalled, AS may be your problem or carb creep or even too much food.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

I think for some if there is a choice between eating BAD carbs and an Adkins bar, I choose the Adkins bar. The one with the coconut tastes so much like an Mounds bar, it's like an Almond Joy without the almonds.
    I did order their free kit in the beginning, which came with a very convenient little carb counter book and three bars plus coupons for bars and meals.
    It's a back up, insurance to help you stay on tract, not to replace real food.
    Try the smaller ones labeled as a snack. The larger ones are labeled as meals and have more carbs.
    If you have a choice between leaving home hungry because a lack of time, the bar is a very handy thing to take along.
    If you are out and about and cannot eat but your last meal has been long ago and you are loosing energy, keep a bar in your purse....Its a tool to keep you on track.

Yes, Emergency back-up...LOL

They took my Colorado Honey last time I flew. Frisked me, x-rayed me and almost made me loose some things because they mixed some things up with other travelers....why? Because they could. Like a kid who says "Look what I can do"....

Yes, well I hope it does some good but if you saw what is flooding across our border... It's just a drop in the bucket.

One thing to note, Atkins Nutritionals, is NOT Atkins. This new company pushes frankenfoods on the unsuspecting, potential Atkins followers. People get a bad taste in their mouths because their weight loss journeys are fraught with stalls and the Atkins diet is blamed for not working for them. They're nothing but candy in my book. I don't want a candy bar for breakfast. Since when did Dr. Atkins add all these carbs and fruits in his plans? If fruit was an added food, then it was in small quantities and maintenance. If he suggested an additional carb, it was always to be introduced in 5g daily increments for a week, then you weigh and record your progress or setback.

I say no to bars, fake food, and the terrible advise of the addition of carbs. The 1972 version of Atkins w/no additives is the key to success!

BMI
    Etherial, are you a 20 carber for life?
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

I responded in my introductory thread, but I am a zero carber and just read someone's post about allowing 60 carbs during the holidays and then it's back to zero.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.