Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Coffee

BMI
    Aaah, coffee! Just LOVE it.

For me it's the coffee, the whole coffee, and nothing but the coffee!

Living in the land of (UGH) cappuccinos I've learned to drink the horrible stuff when away from home, but at home and in the USA it's 'regular' all the way, NO sugar, NO milk! I only drink cappuccino at all because I can't stand the taste of black espresso, and Australians don't EVER offer filter coffee in shops, cafes, bars or restaurants. Even Macdonalds gives you watered down espresso in place of real coffee!

With the amount of coffee I drink, my daily drinks would add up to about 700 calories a day if I drank skim milk cappuccino with Equal for sweetener. No wonder we're now fatter than Americans!

Vive le regulaire!

Quote Originally Posted by tracyred View Post
    mmmm, coffeeeee....

when i want a really strong cup, i use "strong" espresso (already ground, just easier) beans, with heavy cream and the tiniest drop of liquid sweetener (sodium saccharin sp?)

otherwise, i have (and grind my beans, this is the one my husband uses as well, so i don't "contaminate" the grinder with my stronger stuff ) - lavazza beans, which are "meium" strength. everything here in australia is espresso based, so it's just a matter of strength - again, tiny drop, and cream.

oh, yum!

tracy

meanwhile, when i first started night shift, i had to have coffee with 6 sugar packets
    [/QUOTE]

I lived in Australia for a year! and I have to say that the coffee there is the best I have ever had, I never realized how good it was until I got back home, I miss it so much! and it was really inexpensive!

BMI
    I HATE espresso!

Ah well, next trip to the USA I'll be in heaven, again. I do like coffee but not milk or cream, so I just drink coffee! By itself!

Quote Originally Posted by Shrinkin'Sue View Post
    I HATE espresso!

Ah well, next trip to the USA I'll be in heaven, again. I do like coffee but not milk or cream, so I just drink coffee! By itself!

I can't drink too much milk, so I have had to get used to Coffee by its self, at first it was a struggle, but now I know it !

BMI
    Yep, I kept the office entertained for months with the faces I made swallowing black, unsweetened coffee after being a "Milk'n'three" girl for years. But I've probably saved several million calories and a ton or two of carbs since, so it's all good.

It only took 6 months and now I can't STAND milk or sugar anywhere near my precious coffee. (Lactose intolerance is coming back on as I age, I think?)

I enjoy mine either iced with non fat milk or with a bit or a twist- as in alcohol! Nothing gives me a better buzz than adding a shot of vodka into my afternoon cup o joe! also, I will post a great coffee cocktail recipe for my fellow caffeine fiends! bit.ly/rMZyg5 enjoy!!

i have only 1 coffee a day, but no special way, as long it is UNSWEETENED. i have even, when it had cooled to room temp. added diet cola or diet root beer into it. I found it quite good. I would not recommend adding fruit flavored sodas, like orange or lemon/lime. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

Black coffee, too much every day, and I just had to buy a new coffee maker yesterday. I love coffee, pretty much any kind except hazelnut. Yuck! Aldi just had South American blends on sale, the Brazilian is pretty good.
    Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.