Girlfromoz - Journal

Girlfromoz - Journal

Hi everyone!

Wow.. after a few days of reading up on atkins and spending hours in these forum I thought it was about time I introduced myself : )
    After so many failed diets (lemon detox, cabbage soup) I really think Atkins is something I can embrace happily and make turn my lifestyle around.
    I am currently finishing day two and I am feeling pretty good right now
    Day one and two were filled wth headaches and a weird empty feeling in my tummy. Tonight I had a sudden burst of energy and motivation! I dont know where that came from??

I have found the diet really easy so far. I dont want to brag but I am finding this so much easier then i thought. I am eating plenty of foods I love and i am enoying the challenges of making food exciting and healthy.

Thank goodness for these forums... above all they are so informative but also a good distraction from eating. I guess keeping busy is very important too.

I look forward to getting to know you all. I am also posting my daily menu's on the menu board. If anyone has time it would be nice if you could comment on it... just so i know i am heading in the right direction!

Have a nice day

BMI
    Hi there and welcome to the progress board. The support really helps.

If you want to - a lot of us post our starting weight and goal weight. It helps us keep track.

Sounds like you are through the worst of 'Atkins flu.' That energy boost is great and helps us to want to be more active.

Drink loads of water.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Helen 8)

Thanks Helen!

I have read through your journal too Congratulations on the weight loss you are really motivating!

I can post my weight too.... here goes... I am 5'7 or 170 cm.

Start Weight - 99 kilos or 218 pounds
    Mini Goal - 90 kilos or 198 pounds
    Mini Goal - 80 kilos or 176 pounds
    Mini Goal - 70 kilos or 154 pounds
    Dream Goal - 65 kilos or 143 pounds!!

What do you think?

Thanks xx

BMI
    That sounds great! Loser Lady gave me a great tip once which is not to set your mini goals too far apart - so you feel they are easily reached.

You'll get there hun! and this is such a lovely supportive board too. Sometimes it can go quiet but the support if fab. When its quiet I read over the old posts for inspiration.

Keep us posted

Helen

End of day three and I am 214 pounds : )
    Its a big difference from 222 pounds which i was on Monday night! 8 pounds in three days and this is at night when I am full of food and water! Yay

Thanks Spirit... I just want to get down to what I was before I started university. All those late nights and fast food really messed me around. Plus summer is here now and I want to get out there abit

PortoBella Guest
    WOW thats great!! You are off to a wonderful start!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.