Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Exercise

Hello people, I am a newbie here to the board. Walking is the best.... I walk every single day. Unless there is bad weather, then I don't walk on that day.... Walking has helped me tremendously in maintaining my weight... Yes it is the best for me anyway... I love it!

I think the best time for walking is in the morning. At least i do it this way and i'm very happy.

Hi Linder,
    Stick with your fitness goals and keep your walking log to measure your progress. Set realistic goals and use a walking program. Check your pulse and listen to your body to avoid any discomfort.

It's a good idea to control your weight and enhance your fitness level.
    If you do walking or jogging at morning time then you can get better results for your weight management and fitness.

adamprowse gym
    Last edited by Michael; 01-25-2014 at 03:34 AM.

BMI
    Michael, start a journal, let us know who you are.....
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Hi Linder,
    Start with some walking program and keep your workout journal to measure your progress. Listen to your body, stop if it hurts and monitor your blood pressure regularly.

Stretch before bed. Yoga in the mornings when you wake up.

BMI
    I think that exercise is very important, especially when you have a lot of weight to lose, like I do. It is not that I lose a lot of weight from the exercise itself, but before I started low-carb, I was very inactive , and all of my weight was flab. By exercising, I am building muscle tone, and turning some of the weight into muscle and not fat.
    However, my physical condition was so bad that even walking around the house wore me out, and walking on the treadmill was not working either. I could not even make 3-4 minutes.
    So, I started swimming. I love swimming, and this made it much easier for me to stick to it. At first, I could not even swim the length of the pool without stopping to rest several times, and after swimming, I didn't think that I could make it back up the couple of steps and out of the pool again.
    Gradually, I got healthier, lost weight, gained energy, and was ready to do more. I looked up videos for water exercises on Youtube, and learned how to do those, as well as using the floating pool weights to exercise my arms with.
    I am losing weight, but slowly, a lot to do with my age probably; but the exercises help, and they are tightening up the floppy skin where I have lost fat.
    I think that the key to exercising is to choose something that you enjoy doing, and then it is easier to stick to it.

BMI
    I have a fitness tracker and so far I have never made it all the way to the 5,000 steps, which is my present goal. I have been over 3,000 a time or two; but mostly about half way there. Since I swim at the fitness center just about every day, I am actually getting into in more exercise than it shows; but it doesn't add to my step count.
    We just ordered an exercise bike from Amazon, and I am excited about having that.
    I really wanted to be able to have a "real" bicycle and ride around; but my balance is still bad, and it would not be safe, plus I could only do that when it was not too hot, cold, or rainy. So, the exercise bike is a much better option for me.
    I spent the morning setting up the area in the back room with my speakers and now I can just plug in the iPad or phone and have music while I ride. It is supposed to be here in 1-2 weeks; so it won't be right away, and in the meantime, we still have the exercise at the fitness center.
    Once I get the exercise bike, I plan on getting those steps up to my goal ! !

BMI
    Very good planning, Yvonne. Sounds like you will really be enjoying your indoor riding.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Do exercise every day and follow your proper diet plan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.