eating way to much!

eating way to much!

not that I have been hungry and it is only my fourth day, but I have been eating huge.... only products in the book...
    help

as long as it is only items on the list - the first few weeks ----- eat. Your body needs to change - from glucose burning to fat burning for energy. This is an adjustment and your body is over reacting. I believe - if you are eating ONLY allowed foods (not the sort-of-allowed foods), you will be OK.

Whenever I was hungry -I ate tons of celery with cheese, cream cheese and pepperoni -
    I made lettuce sandwiches with meats or fish, mayo, avocado, sprouts - and one more piece of lettuce.
    I grabbed a hunk of roasted chicken and nibbled on that.

Then I drank water.

And every night for the first two weeks, I had a cup of decaf coffee, splenda and cream. I thought I was in heaven.

Honestly, though, I found after a day like that, the next day was more normal. I started to keep track only to discover I really WASN'T eating that much. The calories stayed under 1600 per day, my fat was about 50%, protein, 30% and carbs 20% -- I ate 25 carbs per day, even in early induction.

When my body is in ketosis (not as much now, but every few days I find I am in ketosis) I had NO appetite at all! And I thought I was overeating, because I still ate 4-6 times a day, but in reality it was very little!

Keep a food diary. Use fitday.com. I think you will find you aren't eating too much - I think ----

You can also post a few day's food diary listing what you ate, the amounts and the times of day you ate, and maybe someone will help analyze it for you.

Take care,

And remember - on the weekends, this board can be pretty slow - so don't worry if you don't get an immediate response.

Natural

I agree with NorthernLady. Those food levels are what you currently want and need. As you progress, and your appetite diminishes, make a concerted effort to slowly lower your volumes of proteins and fats to moderate levels. It will be relatively easy to do with no appetite.

I did it slowly, over a period of weeks; slightly smaller portions week by week so that there was no perceived stress involved. It works. I think most of us have emotional eating issues that make that plan a necessity for long term success anyway. Just take your time and do it gradually. Getting into a solid habit of eating smaller portions has allowed me to deal with the emotional issues with more control too. It is my proudest achievement on Atkins.

Good Luck!

my appetite is very inconsistent. some days i need lots of food, and others very little. i do not worry about it. i just count my carbs, and sodium, and enjoy every mouthful. my clothing is becoming big on me, which i assume means, i am getting smaller. on Thurs 8/16/18, I will be at the doctor, and find out what the scale (which I call the fat scan) has to say. Love & Profits: FLATFERENGHI

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.