Diet Pepsi, Diet coke

Diet Pepsi, Diet coke

is this ok to drink during induction phase?

It's made from aspartame, is this ok? The book says splenda is ok but aspartame isnt listed

You are supposed to avoid aspartame, but Coke does make a diet version made with Splenda. It's not in all stores (I couldn't find it at Costco, Walmart, or Stater Bros, but Winco carries it!)

Quote Originally Posted by colossk
    is this ok to drink during induction phase?

It's made from aspartame, is this ok? The book says splenda is ok but aspartame isnt listed
    If you can go a few weeks without it that would be best drink more water to flush out toxins

Please be aware that diet soft drinks such as diet coke, diet pepsi contain Citric Acid. This has been known to kick certain people out of Ketosis. I drink many glasses of it a day and it dosnt seem to effect my weight loss. Just something to keep in mind incase you have troubles losing weight.

Lee

coke or pepsi

not recommended for induction, i am addicted to fizzy drinks and drank pepsi max in the induction phase and still drink it now luckily it does not affect me

People keep saying that's it's not recommended for induction, but I just read that it's perfectly fine if you get the brands that are sweetened with sucralose, and Dr. Atkin's specifically mentioned caffeine free Diet Rite sweetened with sucralose (because really, you aren't supposed to have caffeine!) However, Lee is right, not everyone's body responds to every chemical the same way, so if you introduce anything new into your diet and your weight loss stalls, you should remove it from your diet and see if you start losing again

DIET FIZZY

deleted by bluehex

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Montana
    deleted by bluehex
    Who posted low carb drinks ? I have been finding the more water I drink the better

how about this?

Nestea flavoured packets that you add to , like the crytal ligh drink mixes

They are sweetened with slenda

here are the ingrediants

citric acid, dextrose, sodium citrate, decafinated tea powder, flavour, sucarlose, colour, siliicon, sdioxide

eveything i eat and drink should have killed me long ago ,and that includes diet sodas. I focus on very low carb, and low sodium. otherwise, it is "tie on the feedbag" and enjoy. oh, yes, the weight is coming off too. Love & Profits: FLAT(I live to eat)FERENGHI

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.