Mini Trampoline

Mini Trampoline

Does anyone have a mini trampoline? do you think it actually does anything?

I have one, and it didn't for me. It just my ankle/knee/hip joints too much, but my kids love it! However, I have RA/Lupus, so I don't tolerate impact activities at all.

I got one last week. I have to be careful about using it because of joint issues but I definately get my cardio going when I use it.

I think it depends on your activity level. My husband is an avid biker and I suspect would find the tramp useless. I do nothing lol and find it a work out.

My son loves it, he is 8! I orginally got it for myself but I don't like it.

Just watch it around the kids. My youngest son got the bright idea to jump off his bunkbed on to it. It catapulted him right into his dresser and he got a pretty nasty black eye.

I have one.. my friend give it to me in my last birthday

Allison
    Diet and Fitness Enthusiast

BMI
    I have used one for years and even brought it from the states after I retired and moved to Costa Rica ( still using it) For a simple thought google"rebounders". From what I know it does wonders for our lymphatic system which helps move lymph around and ultimately out as the lymp system has no muscles. It is a wonderful low impact exercise for handicaped who can even sit on a chair and move /bounce their feet upon it. You can walk, jump,dance or even jog on it. Love my rebounder and during teh rainy season ( everyday) I look forwards to using it and know it helps reduce stress for me and tones my butt and muscles. One other thought they sell 2 types one with a handle to hold onto and one w/o a handlebar. Good luck and i hope this helped

BMI
    I love mine.....
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

It makes me think of all the ways someone in my family could end up in the emergency room. I had to take a kid to the ER when all she was doing was coloring at the kitchen table. This sounds inherently more dangerous.

Not judging here. If it works for you, go for it.

Trampoline is great for fitness as trampoline helps in weight loss, fight stress and boost immunity system. Trampoline makes heart and lungs strong and reduce the risk of hypertension, obesity, some cancers, asthma and Alzheimer disease.

BMI
    I just ordered one of the mini-trampolines from Amazon. I have been reading about how the lymph system works, and that a rebounder/trampoline is one of the very best ways for us to get the lymph system actively moving and clean the toxins out of our body. We have about 3 times as much lymph in our bodies as we have blood in our circulatory system, but where that has a pump (our heart) the lymph system only works through a system of one-way valves that push the lymph around through the body to remove toxins.
    So....... after reading that, I decided to try an experiment (which I call water-rebounding) at the swimming pool at the fitness center. I started in water that was not quite shoulder deep, and started bouncing in the water. It felt a whole lot like it used to when I had a mini-trampoline years ago.
    After doing this for about 5 minutes, I was tired out and stopped; but I noticed that i did feel better; so I have included bouncing along with my other water exercises now.

I am not sure if I have good enough balance to use a regular trampoline; but I really want to try !
    We are going to set it up in a corner that has doors on 3 sides, and then put up a shower curtain rod on the 4th side that I can use to help balance, and I will start really easy and keep my feet on the rebounder.
    This, besides helping the lymph system, and being good exercise, is also supposed to help a person's balance; so I am hoping that it will eventually do that as well.
    It should be here next week; so I will keep everyone posted on how I do with it.
    I am Yvonne and live in northern Alabama.
    To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.

BMI
    I have one but now only the grandsons use it but when I used it I put it right behind my couch so I could hold on. I also now have a BOSU that I bounce on as well as balance and do planks on. And a balance ball to sit on for eating and other times durin the day.
    I am Arlene and Dr Mary Vernon says it best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaquSijXJkQ for me. I used to stand under my plum tree waiting for the fruit to ripen and fall, now I stand near a coconut tree.
    "Let me have men about me that are fat, sleek-headed men and such as sleep a-nights. Yon Cassius has a lean and hungry look. He thinks too much. Such men are dangerous." William Shakespeare ++++++++++++ I pray, let me one of the dangerous.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.